Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
The authority just extended is that originally created by SC Res 1546 of June 8, 2004, granted pursuant to the application of the Prime Minister of the Interim Government of Iraq.

Invasion = March 18, 2003
SC Res 1546 = June 8, 2004

No UN authority for the invasion here.
Are you stating that the UN was surprised at our invasion? Odd considering that there are dozens of countries that joined us.

Please point out the UN resolutions condemning our invasion.. I've looked, dont see them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 04:08 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually you need to go back through the threads because never did I defend the destruction of these video tapes, in fact I stated they should be available for years to come.

Destruction of the tapes were not illegal, just stupid because they would have been great as training tapes for new CIA operatives.

Try again
No, but you did change the topic by mentioning Bill Clinton in almost all of your posts. I'm still counting how many times.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:17 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Actually you need to go back through the threads because never did I defend the destruction of these video tapes, in fact I stated they should be available for years to come.

Destruction of the tapes were not illegal, just stupid because they would have been great as training tapes for new CIA operatives.

Try again
Why do you think they destroyed those tapes in such a stupid move?

Old 12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Secondly, why are they admiting to this administration doing something "stupid"??

Old 12-22-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
No, but you did change the topic by mentioning Bill Clinton in almost all of your posts. I'm still counting how many times.
Actually it wasnt till my 6th and 7th posting here that I mentioned Clinton, and only then did I mention him as a matter of FACT to dispute the previous posters accusations on Bush, when Clinton did the exact same thing.

Showing the simillarities between Bush and Clinton, or stating that Bush expounded upon the powers that Clinton gave him is NOT changing the subject.

Try again to accuse me of doing something that I didnt do.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
They arent.. The CIA has admitted to destroying the tape, no one has even accused Bush of being involved.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
They arent.. The CIA has admitted to destroying the tape, no one has even accused Bush of being involved.
Right...I was referring to the CIA...as in, "Why would the CIA destroy the tapes in what you have referred to as a stupid move?"

They could have had those invaluable teaching aids, per your hypothesis, right??

Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Right...I was referring to the CIA...as in, "Why would the CIA destroy the tapes in what you have referred to as a stupid move?"

They could have had those invaluable teaching aids, per your hypothesis, right??

Per the head of the CIA, it was an "innocent" mistake, though the tapes were of no value.. stupid for several reasons.

1) Did they not see the conspiracy theories that would begin?
2) Surely showing the interrogation of terrorists would show new CIA agents how its done.

No one has stated, (other then forums, i.e. title of this thread) that Bush had anything to do with it.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Do you believe in your heart of hearts it was just an innocent mistake?

The file boy just got a little careless cleaning up before the weekend?

At the Central Intelligence Agency??

How about the timing of this innocent faux pau??

Old 12-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Do you believe in your heart of hearts it was just an innocent mistake?

The file boy just got a little careless cleaning up before the weekend?

At the Central Intelligence Agency??

How about the timing of this innocent faux pau??
I find it hard to believe that the "president" would be stupid enough to authorize or order the destruction of a tape, that the world knew existed.

That would leave one option left.

I may be a little synical about the timing, but I refuse to believe that people in the CIA, or the WhiteHouse are stupid enough to do this on purpose. Just look at all of the conspiracy theories on just 9/11.

Even a bigger issue not being discussed is.. We're talking about the CIA here, they are STILL using VHS tapes? Um.. shouldnt those rooms be hooked up to video camera systems where all actions get archived for like 20 years on a hard drive somewhere?

Shouldnt what the outcome of that interrogation be part of court records, to be used in a court of law to go after the people he "rolled" on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies