Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 01:04 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then the owner shouldn't have provided bad service to a customer. Free market, I thought you supported that.
How about freedom of religious belief? It's in the 1st Amendment.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't think you know what free market means if you think it only means the store owner has the freedom to do whatever they want and not the customer. In your mind it seems customers cannot say anything negative about a business that gives bad service....I hope the people you know never ask your opinion on places.

I find it funny that you are willing to deny rights to an entire group of people just because you don't like who they are sexually attracted to, which makes me wonder about your true sexual orientation.
I'm more wondering if there are a few kangaroos loose in his top paddock.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And? The shop owner wasn't denied their freedom of religious belief. You provide bad service to someone, you can expect it to lead to a negative response from the customer. That has nothing to do with religion and I don't know why you seem to think it does.

Is there some religion that is built on poor treatment of others?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:03 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Let her change the name of her store to "Assembly of God Bridal Shop" this way she can easily service like minds, instead of turning away people, and attaching AG tracts to a customer's dress. If the bridal owner thinks her lot in life is to convert people, she should have opened a church, and not a dress shop.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 1,575 times
Default Well if I ran in to that problem, I would just shop on line?

I hate to see store owners or anyone else act like jerks against people, we are all humans and we should respect one another as humans, one of these days we will not be on this earth so be nice to one another while we are here. Now if I run in to a problem about buying in a store I just go to my computer and see what I find their so I don't have to put up with anything that is going to make me unhappy. It's like my girlfriend and I were shopping for intimates in a store and we were really getting funny looks so I told her lets go home and shop on line. We did and found a great deal on some really pretty intimates and the great part they were on sale at a much better price than any store we were looking at, like starting at $3.99 and they were beautiful, we bought 3 of each. just stay away from problems in stores it's not worth the aggravation.

All the best,

Rhonda

Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 PM

969 posts, read 2,852,808 times
Whoo hoo - time to open a bridal/groom tux shop in Florida:
Instagram

Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
If opening a business automatically makes a person an honest, hardworking shopkeeper and guarantees him or her a profit, clearly I should quit my job. I'll open a business, watch it grow and prosper regardless what I, as the owner, do! Is a business like a Chia-Pet? Do you just add water and VIOLA, profit?
She was honest in letting the self proclaimed lesbians know that she could not serve them. This was not “automatic” but a courtesy provided voluntarily of her own free will. Had the lesbians not made their sexuality an issue they would have bought a dress and nobody would have been none the wiser as to whether or not they mutually partake in the romantic, emotional, and other sexual pleasures of each another. It really does not have to be made public or known to others as it is literally nobody else’s business unless for some unfathomable reasons it is intentionally invoked.

When normal folks go to a store they don’t hint, infer or otherwise proclaim that “I’m straight” as part of the shopping experience. That it is implied or understood is beside the point, it just isn’t made an issue as it is unnecessary and irrelevant. The homosexual on the other hand finds some reason to have to announce or publically make aware their particular sexual proclivity. It is unnecessary unless they feel ashamed and embarrassed about being attracted to members of their same sex and require some form of validation and/or societal approval. When doing this be prepared for the unexpected reaction such as rejection, only don’t throw a hissy fit when you hear something that you do not like or want to hear – ya know, like normal folks do.

Don't quit your day job.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
She was honest in letting the self proclaimed lesbians know that she could not serve them. This was not “automatic” but a courtesy provided voluntarily of her own free will. Had the lesbians not made their sexuality an issue they would have bought a dress and nobody would have been none the wiser as to whether or not they mutually partake in the romantic, emotional, and other sexual pleasures of each another. It really does not have to be made public or known to others as it is literally nobody else’s business unless for some unfathomable reasons it is intentionally invoked.

When normal folks go to a store they don’t hint, infer or otherwise proclaim that “I’m straight” as part of the shopping experience. That it is implied or understood is beside the point, it just isn’t made an issue as it is unnecessary and irrelevant. The homosexual on the other hand finds some reason to have to announce or publically make aware their particular sexual proclivity. It is unnecessary unless they feel ashamed and embarrassed about being attracted to members of their same sex and require some form of validation and/or societal approval. When doing this be prepared for the unexpected reaction such as rejection, only don’t throw a hissy fit when you hear something that you do not like or want to hear – ya know, like normal folks do.

Don't quit your day job.

You have never been married have you? When two women walk into a bridal shop to buy dresses for their wedding, how exactly do they "hide" their sexual orientation? Also, why do they need to hide that? I hold my wife's hand in public, I don't need to hide from my freedom. Do you feel the need to hide from your freedom?

You have really been grasping for straws.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:25 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
She did not have to interject her personal opinion into the proceedings in the first place
Yet the two women did in making the store owner aware that they were indeed lesbian. Are their opinions valued more than anyone else’s, the store owner for example, simply by virtue that they are homosexual and deserve special treatment such as the ability to destroy and ruin someone’s livelihood at their whim and fancy?

The homosexual is hard to come to terms with that they will never achieve 100% universal acceptance let alone a grudging tolerance that is tentative at best.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Yet the two women did in making the store owner aware that they were indeed lesbian. Are their opinions valued more than anyone else’s, the store owner for example, simply by virtue that they are homosexual and deserve special treatment such as the ability to destroy and ruin someone’s livelihood at their whim and fancy?

The homosexual is hard to come to terms with that they will never achieve 100% universal acceptance let alone a grudging tolerance that is tentative at best.
Why does the store owner care they are lesbians? I doubt the two women asked the store owner to have sex with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies