Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If MSNBC's "lies" were so numerous you could document pages of them, wouldn't some conservative website document them like Media Matters does to FOX?

There is a reason this aint happening: MSNBC does not lie. They might make mistakes from time to time, like all outlets do, but they don't outright lie like FOX does to the sheep who watch them.
You have been brainwashed.

Is MSNBC worse than Fox News? - POLITICO.com

Old 08-10-2014, 09:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
If MSNBC's "lies" were so numerous you could document pages of them, wouldn't some conservative website document them like Media Matters does to FOX?

There is a reason this aint happening: MSNBC does not lie. They might make mistakes from time to time, like all outlets do, but they don't outright lie like FOX does to the sheep who watch them.
I'm not surprised you don't know about conservative sites that document leftwing media lies and failures to cover stories. I'd give you a list, but your response would be, 'they're biased rw propaganda.'

Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Who have I been brainwashed by? I can't stand MSNBC and don't watch it. Your opinion piece states a finding by Pew that MSNBC has more "opinion" on its programming than FOX does on its broadcasts. This is entirely possible.

What separates the networks, however, is the fact checking that both networks do. People will always get their opinions wrong from time to time, however, when your job is to push a particular narrative, one that is "news" and not opinion, and that narrative is factually challenged yet repeated daily with little or no corrections ever being made, then it matters not the level of what can deem opinion versus news, it matters as to journalistic accuracy and integrity, which Media Matters dutifully records as a FOX "News" Fail.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm not surprised you don't know about conservative sites that document leftwing media lies and failures to cover stories. I'd give you a list, but your response would be, 'they're biased rw propaganda.'
You're right, I don't know of any. They might get it right, but I would bet the farm that an unbiased third party would not find the level of accuracy in their research as they would in the accuracy found on Media Matters.

It's not that MM targets FOX exclusively, they also have gone after NBC and the NYTimes (and others), the reason FOX is always on their radar is because they are wrong so often, and oft times deliberately so.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Who have I been brainwashed by? I can't stand MSNBC and don't watch it. Your opinion piece states a finding by Pew that MSNBC has more "opinion" on its programming than FOX does on its broadcasts. This is entirely possible.

What separates the networks, however, is the fact checking that both networks do. People will always get their opinions wrong from time to time, however, when your job is to push a particular narrative, one that is "news" and not opinion, and that narrative is factually challenged yet repeated daily with little or no corrections ever being made, then it matters not the level of what can deem opinion versus news, it matters as to journalistic accuracy and integrity, which Media Matters dutifully records as a FOX "News" Fail.
You believe Media Matters is a trustworthy source?

The author also cites a study that shows how each network discussed the 2012 presidential candidates. Additionally, specific examples are provided of things stated on MSNBC that are factually incorrect.

I'd also point out that, while it's difficult to always remember this, an opinion can't be a lie by definition. If you disagree with opinions, it may be tempting to label them as lies, but that doesn't make them so. (With that being said, the more opinionated people are, the more likely utter dishonesty is to come from them.)

Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Anyone with half a brain knew that the Benghazi thing was part of an election strategy. Once Obama won anyway, they had to keep it going so as not to look so transparently fake.

If you think that anyone really gave a damn about dead Americans at a Middle Eastern embassy, you need your head examined.

We've had so many Americans die in the Foreign Service over the last 30 years, that no one is shocked anymore when it happens.

And those of us old enough to remember the Beirut Embassy bombing when NO ONE had anything to say about Reagan, you KNEW this Benghazi crap was a farce.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
You're right, I don't know of any. They might get it right, but I would bet the farm that an unbiased third party would not find the level of accuracy in their research as they would in the accuracy found on Media Matters.

It's not that MM targets FOX exclusively, they also have gone after NBC and the NYTimes (and others), the reason FOX is always on their radar is because they are wrong so often, and oft times deliberately so.
No, it's because they're left wing and don't like Fox. I am not really a fan of Fox myself. They are quite biased. But don't try and pretend that liberal media is better.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:41 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"Fox News has gone silent on Benghazi amid reports that the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing in the Obama administration's response to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya."
Obama can be impeached for malfeasance....which is not the same thing as "intentional wrongdoing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Congress failed to provide the funding for their security.
Obama failed to answer this question:

Why did Stevens leave the safety and security of US Embassy Mission Tripoli to hold a meeting with the Turkish Delegation at the Consular Office?

When your mother comes to visit, do you sit and drink coffee in the out-house?

That's exactly what Stevens did.

Stevens left the majestic luxury and safety of US Embassy Mission Tripoli to hold a meeting in a cardboard box at Benghazi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The news of the report that exonerates the Administration ...
The Administration has not been exonerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The crux of Benghazigate was always the incompetent, single-minded Conservatives in a wild search for a scandal to bring down the president.
That is not even the crux of the matter.

Obama is teaching a class of 2nd Graders.

At 9:00 AM, one of the 2nd Graders gets sick and starts vomiting.

At 10:00 AM, two more students get sick and start vomiting.

At 11:00 AM, 5 more students get sick and start vomiting

At 12:00 PM, 4 other students start vomiting

At 1:00 PM, 6 students get sick and vomit

At 2:00 PM, 4 more students get sick and start vomiting.

When would be a good time for Obama to initiate some action?

What should Obama do? Wait until 6:00 PM when he's home and then as an afterthought, call the school administration and leave voice mail hoping someone gets it in the morning?

I've presented an excellent analogy....instead of students taking ill every hour, it was US diplomatic missions and US government buildings that were being surrounded by protestors or attacked in various countries as the day wore on.

You do understand the Earth rotates on an axis while simultaneously orbiting Sun, right?

Do you understand Time Zones?

Apparently not, and neither does Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Tell that to the republican headed committee that fully exonerated the Obama administration on Benghazi.
Who's lying now?

They've only been exonerated of intentional wrong-doing.

The issue has always been malfeasance....an impeachable offense.

Deflect that.....

Mircea

Old 08-10-2014, 11:47 AM

195 posts, read 153,973 times
Quote:
Too much Glenn Beck and Alex Jones.

Show me where Alex or Glenn have come to that conclusion.
This was my own conclusion and the up coming election... Why blame it on a video, when it was clearly not, got me thinking. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 AM

195 posts, read 153,973 times
The people that really know what's happening and more than willing to expose it all, are all banned from all mainstream media and labelled coo-coo nuts, by the media. When infact they are 100 % correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies