Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 03:11 PM

364 posts, read 372,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh good, we haven't had a brisk rape apology debate in ages.
No one is apologizing for scumbag rapists. Only closing the door on the potential for winnable false rape cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3 posts, read 2,252 times
The law is to protect victims. While you may get arrested and tossed in jail, you can bail out and wait for the hearing. If what happened wasn't a sexual assault, the district attorney won't even file a case. Problem with guys, is someone will post that they got arrested in some forum. And all the guys will come to the guy's side, and give their reasons for supporting him. Problem is, guys are typically able to overpower a woman, and take advantage of them. The guy who says he was wrongfully arrested may say she did the drugs/drinking on her own, and what happens afterward is her own fault. I think either the guys who will back that defense either have no sisters, or female cousins, or they hate their mother.

Now of course there are a very small percentage of women, who know the laws and will abuse them. However, that number is super low, and because of it, they shouldn't really affect how the law is written. This is where the justice system will be tested, if a guy is wrongfully accused.

Before you start going off on me, I will tell you that when I was 20, some female accused me of rape. I was going to a wedding, for someone in my fraternity. I hooked up with a female, who I met in the parking lot....she was drunk, but the thing is, I never had sex with her, she tried, but I didn't let her. Sure I got arrested, and I was in jail while the wedding was on. Sure I had to spend my summer work money to bail myself out, but in 30 days, the DA never even filed. I was so scared that a woman could do that to me, that I didn't even date for a year. In the long run, I understood and forgave her.

Yes some women will have regret and use the system and call the police. But the law is written to protect women, because men deserve the scrutiny that the brotherhood has brought upon them. Men are violent, they will coerce, some will drug women, others will sweet talk them, but whatever methods they use, if the woman decides to file, if you are not guilty, then you have nothing to worry about.

7,833 posts, read 6,427,839 times
Guess we're going to have to start video taping it.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:12 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,136,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
Here is my issue with the drugs and alcohol consent.

You choose to take these substances. But now you can't choose to have sex? Wait, you can, but you get to choose if it was consensual the next morning.

Do you see the problem here? I'm not talking stumbling drunk, I'm talking your average college night out where you could just as easily walked home or hailed a cab under your own will. You still can't consent? BS. Women just want full control of male sexuality and punish them by law if they regret or are unhappy with the situation after the fact.
Ever have a prescription for pain killers, percocet or been under sedation...etc? It's the same thing. They (doctor or pharmacist) counsel you not to make any major decisions during that period because you can't reason logically. It's also why you are not supposed to drive or operate heavy machinery.

Consider someone that is drunk under the influence. So, if you see someone has had a few, don't sleep with them. Plain and simple.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Don't have sex with drunk girls.

Problem solved.
Drinking is part of college life for many. Going to parties, drinking with women, it's all part of the fun.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Ever have a prescription for pain killers, percocet or been under sedation...etc? It's the same thing. They (doctor or pharmacist) counsel you not to make any major decisions during that period because you can't reason logically. It's also why you are not supposed to drive or operate heavy machinery.

Consider someone that is drunk under the influence. So, if you see someone has had a few, don't sleep with them. Plain and simple.
This is absolute nonsense and impossible on college campuses. The women are drinking. So are the men. Guess neither side can consent

Old 08-11-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishez4alivin View Post
The law is to protect victims. While you may get arrested and tossed in jail, you can bail out and wait for the hearing. If what happened wasn't a sexual assault, the district attorney won't even file a case. Problem with guys, is someone will post that they got arrested in some forum. And all the guys will come to the guy's side, and give their reasons for supporting him. Problem is, guys are typically able to overpower a woman, and take advantage of them. The guy who says he was wrongfully arrested may say she did the drugs/drinking on her own, and what happens afterward is her own fault. I think either the guys who will back that defense either have no sisters, or female cousins, or they hate their mother.

Now of course there are a very small percentage of women, who know the laws and will abuse them. However, that number is super low, and because of it, they shouldn't really affect how the law is written. This is where the justice system will be tested, if a guy is wrongfully accused.

Before you start going off on me, I will tell you that when I was 20, some female accused me of rape. I was going to a wedding, for someone in my fraternity. I hooked up with a female, who I met in the parking lot....she was drunk, but the thing is, I never had sex with her, she tried, but I didn't let her. Sure I got arrested, and I was in jail while the wedding was on. Sure I had to spend my summer work money to bail myself out, but in 30 days, the DA never even filed. I was so scared that a woman could do that to me, that I didn't even date for a year. In the long run, I understood and forgave her.

Yes some women will have regret and use the system and call the police. But the law is written to protect women, because men deserve the scrutiny that the brotherhood has brought upon them. Men are violent, they will coerce, some will drug women, others will sweet talk them, but whatever methods they use, if the woman decides to file, if you are not guilty, then you have nothing to worry about.
I guess you don't care about having your name tarnished as a potential rapist. That can ruin a mans life.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:18 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,113,582 times
Sexual assault in non-consensual sex or sexual actions.

The real problem is deterring how you define consensual. For example, if things are getting steamy and the guy wants to go further and the girl doesn't but says nothing can the guy be blamed? Now, I'm not an idiot. I could tell is a girl wasn't in to it and would stop on my own, but I've lived long enough to know some people are in fact idiots, and wouldn't be able to tell. Who's fault is it then? The ignorant man or the woman who said nothing?

If it's forced, it's a little easier to tell, but there's still one crucial detail; any court case revolving around sexual assault is generally just taking one person's word over the other. Yeah, if the assault is violent and the victim is left with bruises it's a safe bet to say that it was forced, but not all sexual assault leave marks. It would not be impossible to claim it was rape when it actually wasn't.

This is a touchy subject.

I'll address alcohol though; I don't take a case where alcohol is involved seriously. Even if only one is drunk, that drunk person is accountable for the fact that they were drunk. I don't care if they wouldn't have agreed to sex had they been sober. That's irrelevant. If you don't want you judgment impaired, don't drink. It's not that hard. If you get 'raped' while drunk (unless it was clearly violent), I'm really not going to have much sympathy without legitimate proof.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,113,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Don't have sex with drunk girls.

Problem solved.
But alcohol is the best hope for ugly people who want to have sex.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Sexual assault in non-consensual sex or sexual actions.

The real problem is deterring how you define consensual. For example, if things are getting steamy and the guy wants to go further and the girl doesn't but says nothing can the guy be blamed? Now, I'm not an idiot. I could tell is a girl wasn't in to it and would stop on my own, but I've lived long enough to know some people are in fact idiots, and wouldn't be able to tell. Who's fault is it then? The ignorant man or the woman who said nothing?

If it's forced, it's a little easier to tell, but there's still one crucial detail; any court case revolving around sexual assault is generally just taking one person's word over the other. Yeah, if the assault is violent and the victim is left with bruises it's a safe bet to say that it was forced, but not all sexual assault leave marks. It would not be impossible to claim it was rape when it actually wasn't.

This is a touchy subject.

I'll address alcohol though; I don't take a case where alcohol is involved seriously. Even if only one is drunk, that drunk person is accountable for the fact that they were drunk. I don't care if they wouldn't have agreed to sex had they been sober. That's irrelevant. If you don't want you judgment impaired, don't drink. It's not that hard. If you get 'raped' while drunk (unless it was clearly violent), I'm really not going to have much sympathy without legitimate proof.
Just don't have sex with drunk girls is a nonsense argument. If you yourself are hammered, you may not be able to tell if the other party is drunk. And hey, how can you even consent.

You put yourself in that state, you are responsible for your decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies