Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 08:26 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,549 times

Advertisements

So you lefties are fine with yet another obama lie? Color us surprised. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 08:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Crickets because nobody cares 'cept right wingers.

All Presidents take vacation. They are allowed and we have to pay for it.

Deal with it.
Apparently you are either unable to unwilling to comprehend that the issue here isn't that he took a vacation, but that he took a vacation after saying he wouldn't. That's called lying.

Like Obama said he was going to close down Guantanamo, and didn't.
Like Obama said he wasn't going to have lobbyists in his administration, and did.
Like Obama said he would not attack another nation without congressional approval, but did.
Like Obama said he would get to the bottom of the problems at the VA, and didn't.
Like Obama said he would put all legislation up for people to see before it was voted on, and didn't.
Like Obama said he would cut the deficit in half, and didn't.
Like Obama said if you like your insurance you can keep it, and you can't.
Like Obama said the Republicans had come up with no solutions to healthcare, when they had.

The problem is with Obama being such an inveterate liar that you can trust literally nothing that he says. All politicians tell lies. But with Obama it has gone to an absurd extreme. He doesn't just tell a lie now and then when national security requires it. He lies consistently.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Seriously? That's your best defense? LOL!

There is no defense for what he said and did/does. I swear, he could eat your dog and you'd find it completely acceptable. Cause he, like, is down for the struggle and all.
This is Obama's exact quote:

The future president was talking about how those running for president need to be prepared to “give their life to it.”

“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Read more: FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

You expect that the president would also go without fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure?

Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
So, apparently, conservatives don't know what metaphors are.

It's like being a cop. We often refer to cops on their off-time as off-duty cops. But technically speaking, they are always obligated to do something when the need arises.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.
If i ever heard a cop say that he'd work 24/7, your comparison would be valid, but as it is..

its meaningless

Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 PM

64 posts, read 61,720 times
You know I have to admit President Obama being elected has made me appreciate President Bush more.

I am a (California) liberal. I hattttttted President Bush, mocked him as unintelligent, got swept up into a lot of the anti-war, anti-Bush rhetoric. I'm sure at one point or another I probably blamed him for the mismatched socks in my dryer (seriously where do all the extra socks GO?! lol!)

But then President Obama was elected and I was aghast at all the vitriol being flung his way from the right. Of course there are legitimate gripes with him, but a lot of it was just frenzied, anti-Obama hatred, extrapolated out into blaming him for everything. (See above post about socks and dryers ) And I realized that I was just as bad when President Bush was in office. I have to own my own close-mindedness, and it took being on the other side to see myself for the blinders I was wearing at the time.

Do I love President Bush now? No, but I think he deserved a lot more credit than I or many were willing to give him at the time. I still dislike his policies and think he made mistakes, but I also think I was too eager to see his flaws and not at all open to cheer his successes. I think it's the same way with President Obama. Of course I think he's doing a heck of a lot better of a job than conservatives are going to think he is, but I also think it's wise to remember he's neither the villain or the saint people want to make him out to be.

Let's focus on his true weaknesses if we want to talk policy, and not get bogged down with semantics, you know? I know this one girl (*ahem*limetea*ahem*) who wishes she spent less time on righteous indignation and more time on cogent, thoughtful discourse the last time her party was out of power.

Last edited by limetea; 08-11-2014 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 PM

Obama is at Camp David but he is still working.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,549 times
Yes, on his short game.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, on his short game.
Should a president be allowed to go to the bathroom and eat?

Old 08-11-2014, 09:46 PM

195 posts, read 154,145 times
You can pretty much guarantee if Obama says it, the opposite will end up happening.
Must be his Karma.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:13 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,577,973 times
Quote:
Seriously? That's your best defense? LOL!

There is no defense for what he said and did/does. I swear, he could eat your dog and you'd find it completely acceptable. Cause he, like, is down for the struggle and all.
Well, there's a reason I brought up the cop thing. I'm an ex-cop here. When I took my oath, while I don't remember exactly how it went, I do remember a part where I'm always obligated to the defense of public safety. When I was deputized, they reiterated it, that I would never have an "off-time", because regardless of when I'm on duty or off duty I would still be a cop.

Does that mean that I was expected to never take off my uniform?

That's what metaphors are.

Your fake outrages are getting tiring. You really believe the general public will take you seriously when you come up with a real outrage after so many cry-wolf's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies