Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times

Advertisements

If I could re write history I would take out a huge chunk of time that nearly destroyed our country and put us in the position we are today.
That would be wiping out 1992-2000.

I have said I an not happy with allot of GW decisions, I think he has done poorly in allot of areas ( see reps can admit when we do not like something that our person has done, unlike the other side who continues to defend someone even though he has been proven to be an utter failure )

Both GW and Clinton both had him and failed to get him. When the threat started it was Clintons job for 8 years to do something then, thus I believe 9/11 would not have happened had he done his job. GW only has months before 9/11, Clinton had years. Dont forget the USS Cole etc people.

But anyway, I will find the info I need to post before I continue this topic. I will be out of town at Disney for a few days and will find the time to see what CNN show had that info.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking President George Bush Jr. will go down through history as a great American President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Although I did not agree with many things that President George Bush Jr. did, he will still go down through history as a great American President.
Thank you for that dose of morning humor!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 AM

365 posts, read 699,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
[b]

Exactly..... I thought you were innocent until proven guilty but traitor Jack had them killing in cold blood before they even got a trial. ALL because he is against a war and would sell out our soldiers for his OWN CAUSE and BIAS.

Should be charged for Slander and Treason, one of those Marines is suppose to be filing a lawsuit against him but we never hear about it do we? The lib media hides all of that.

There has never been a worse President then Jimmy Carter, ever in the history and he continues even today to add to his legacy of a joke President.

What will all you libs say IF GW finds BinLaden and continues to do well in Iraq, I know you wont give him any credit and turn your heads......

Thanks god Clinton is not in office at this time in our history.

Yes, Clinton failed to get Bin Laden and his family when they were all in America during his watch. You want to talk about a joke President, there is one for you. Only the weak amoung us believe in this freak. He should have went to jail for adultery and should have been impeached.
The lib media hid all his failures from us. Look at his original cabinet members he chose, more then half of them are dead........uhmmmm wonder why?

We cannot afford another Clinton. I hope Americans are much smarter then that.

go to jail for adultery?...lol, the whole world would be behind bars if they did that, doncha think?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I'd like to point out that this thread is not about retrospective history, but prospective views on the current President and his legacy.

All other posts will be deleted, and if the thread goes off track again, it will be closed.

Furthermore, hijacking threads is a ToS violation and may be issued.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:49 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Yeah don't forget the USS Cole. Which happened at the end of Clinton' watch. By the time they figured out it was al - qaeda responsible who was Commander in Chief? Oh yeah, Bush.
And who had prior intel about hijackers learning to fly planes into buildings? Bush.

And who wanted Osama, the mastermind of the worst attack on the US in history, "Dead or Alive"? Bush.

Who did nothing when marines were attacked in Beirut? Reagan.

Who helped to build up Radical Islamic forces and training and supported them initially in the region? We did, to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

You want to point the finger at Clinton for doing nothing after the first attack on the World Trade Center, fine... but to try to make him responsible for what we see today is just laughable.

How about all of our own intel reports that state our Iraq invasion has increased radical Islamic Terrorism and the direct threat to America? Is Clinton responsible for that too?

Bush will be remembered as starting a tragic war that affected the balance of power in the Middle East, brought the entire world opinion against the United States and destroyed our credibility and leadership though his actions, and increased the threat to Americans because he wanted to get the guy that "tried to kill my Daddy".

Old 12-30-2007, 11:09 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Dont forget the USS Cole etc people.
No, particularly that the attack occurred in October 2000, and the summary of intelligence gathered was delivered to the White House in February of 2001, at which time the Bush administration declined to take any action at all because the issue was STALE, to use their words. That's how attentive to terrorism this bunch was, despite having been sternly warned by the outgoing administration that terrorism would be the #1 issue on the Bush watch...

Old 12-30-2007, 12:05 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Bush's legacy? I believe the two prominent points will be his complete failure to reassess the world threat situation post 9/11 and his decision to continue with his pre 9/11 Iraq invasion plans instead.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:17 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
His legacy will be one that he was afraid to do the job with might because the American media would have made him out like a tyrant on a rampage.

Sure he has made mistakes, but if he would have went into those countries and kicked ass and took names the lib media would have blasted him for that too.

He is in a no win situation, just like today the progress is being made in Iraq is being covered up by the lib media. Surely they dont want any good news coming out do they?

Gosh, what would all you Bush haters do if Iraq turns out to be a success.......

Old 12-30-2007, 12:25 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
What is being covered up is - what happened to all the benchmarks that are supposed to be met by the Iraq government as a condition for us to keep our troops over there in danger?

That was such a big deal in September...now even though there still has been zero progress, you don't hear about it any more. Wonder why that is?

Bush will definitely be in the bottom 5 ever. If not the Worst.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:
His legacy will be one that he was afraid to do the job with might because the American media would have made him out like a tyrant on a rampage.
You mean all of Bush's failures are due to the fact that he was too scared of the media to do any better?

Wow, that's a new low for excuse digging. It's creative, however. I'll give you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies