Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 11:35 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,453,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katestar View Post
Can you answer a serious question? What does your God have to do with me? I don't believe.

And marriage is not a religious institution but a civil one, coming forth for the protection of property and assets. Holy matrimony does not grant a marriage license.

If you prefer, it is a crime against nature.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:35 PM

1,013 posts, read 912,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Keep deluding yourself. Religion does not rule our country, we are not a theocracy.
huh?

you do realize I was neutral right you gay complaining buffoon.
I wasn't hating on gays until you came to insult.

I am merely stating the fact that if laws of the government did not enforce marriage in the first place gays would not even need to argue their point to the courts.

did I not?

There would be NOTHING TO ARGUE ABOUT.

I thus said government should just stay OUT OF MARRIAGE ALL TOGETHER.

somehow gays want to use government FORCE TO CRAM ideologies down everyone's throats?
that is what I am against not gays or lesbians themselves.

you seem to think no one has the right to think for themselves and you have to force them to think your way.

most of the gay complaints seem to be centered around the legalization of marriage

unfortunately marriage is a religious term
the federal term for it is in fact civil union and such.

you think people didn't get married before there were governments?
of course they did. they just called it something else.

you gays just leave the religious people along and the religious people can also leave you alone is all I am saying.

but somehow both of you want to pick fights over something STUPID.
look here go and get married instead of bothering people with stupid stuff like gay marriage.

we have more important things to take care of in this nation but you are all distractions.

frankly I don't care if you are gay or lesbians
but you are all just being annoying brats at this point

note: I am neither religious, against or for gays
so you sir/mam or whatever

please leave your prejudice against regular people with common sense alone.
you are merely hurting your own cause by being so bigoted.

people have the right to choose what they believe in.

I stand for letting people believe what they want to believe.
whether it is them being gay or if they don't like it.

while you stand for forcing people to believe that gays are A ok even if they don't like it.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,271,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
huh?

I am merely stating the fact that if laws of the government did not enforce marriage in the first place gays would not even need to argue their point to the courts.

did I not?

somehow gays want to use government FORCE TO CRAM ideologies down everyone's throats?

you seem to think no one has the right to think for themselves and you have to force them to think your way.

most of the gay complaints seem to be centered around the legalization of marriage

you gays just leave the religious people along and the religious people can also leave you alone is all I am saying.

look here go and get married instead of bothering people with stupid stuff like gay marriage.

we have more important things to take care of in this nation but you are all distractions.

while you stand for forcing people to believe that gays are A ok even if they don't like it.
I have a better idea, let's get religion out of marriage so that the religious right can stop cramming their narrow views down everyone's throat.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:18 AM

1,594 posts, read 1,416,988 times
Yes, it is annoying to wonder when we are being propagandised by the media. They get to cherry-pick their data.

psik

Old 08-16-2014, 01:06 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,515,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
There is only a husband and wife in the unification of the sexes. What you speak about does not exist outside the imaginations of the homosexual.
Delude yourself, but homosexuals and homosexuality and homosexual unions have existed and your holy matrimony is not the only unions. Sorry, but religion does not rule everyone, just those foolish enough to be brainwashed by it.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
And impossible as it does not complete the unification of the sexes. Homosexuals can call their partnerships by whatever name they so choose, get a piece of paper, but they still fail as they cannot unify the sexes.
What in heck is unifying the sexes? My spouse and I have been together for 35 years, much longer than many of my straight friends. Being male and female does not make a marriage.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
A husband being a man who is married to a woman and a wife being a woman who is married to a man is how things have been for hundreds of years throughout nations all over the planet. There is no reason to change that now. There are plenty of gender neutral terms to use already - spouse, partner, significant other, mate, companion, etc. Pick one. Heritage and tradition are important. They are a big part of culture, and culture is what keeps society together. Maybe as years go by and gay marriage becomes more and more accepted, then the husband and wife terms will change but there is no reason to cram it down peoples' throats by force.
You and your religion does not own the term husband and wife and gay unions have existed for hundreds of years too. Ignore history and that gays have always existed.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Even if that were true, it wasn't the norm for almost every culture in the world. Same-sex marriage as a whole is a relatively new phenomenon. Homosexuality itself is of course, not new. Civil unions and marriage are not exactly the same thing.
Right, that is why we will not accept civil unions as an alternative to marriage, it would never be accepted nor treated as equal to marriage. Marriage where a woman was not owned by the husband was not the norm either and polygamy was very common. Traditions are not static, they change as times change. Women are no longer chattel, they have a say in their lives, their own bank accounts and can vote. Same sex marriage is not new, it had been going on for thousands of years, but the anti gay crowd wants it to seem as if it is new. Same sex marriage was common in many American tribes and they were called two spirit people. Ignore history and it comes back and bites us on the rear.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you prefer, it is a crime against nature.
No it is not. Baloney from an anti gay. Believing in a fictional fairy tale god is against nature.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
huh?

did I not?

I never insulted you, but you did by calling me a buffoon. Now who is the buffoon. I am not a bigot, I am not prejudiced and I am a regular person too. Why don't you try and communicate without out trying to insult someone.
When the religious people get off of their high horses and stop passing laws that discriminate and devalue people and mind their own business, then I will leave them alone, till then they have made themselves big fat targets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies