Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:49 AM

3,409 posts, read 3,455,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Dear Lord, Based on what? The fact that they never messed with us until we started trying to control them doesn't support your agenda.
btw They aren't doing a good job on their global conquest plans. Maybe they should look to America on how to do it?
You really think its our fault they hate us and if we left them alone they would leave us alone? What knowledge of islam do you have? What a infedel is? What their book says to do to non believers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 10:57 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You really think its our fault they hate us and if we left them alone they would leave us alone? What knowledge of islam do you have? What a infedel is? What their book says to do to non believers?
If we never got involved in middle east politics more than likely Iran would have still been a democracy. Saddam might not have been Iraq's leader. Our intervention is what has caused many of the problems we're now seeing

Old 08-16-2014, 11:10 AM

3,409 posts, read 3,455,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
If we never got involved in middle east politics more than likely Iran would have still been a democracy. Saddam might not have been Iraq's leader. Our intervention is what has caused many of the problems we're now seeing
But we did. Cant go back and fix that. Backing out now wont fix that. Theres no stopping isis by standing on the sidelines unless your answer is joining them.

You didnt answer my question. Do you think radical islam is our fault? ( i know a slighty different question)

Old 08-16-2014, 11:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Most of us didn't want to go in the first place. Why did we spend a Trillion dollars just to hand it back to terrorists?

I, a former REP, never wanted to be there at all. SO Damn Insane was a puppet we should have kept in place. He hated Iran and Iran hated him, making it the perfect buffer for us. Most of us knew that when GWBush invaded Iraq, it was all about finishing what daddy couldn't. Now we are paying the price for our arrogance, and so are the Iraqis.

Air strikes are probably a good thing, but at some point we'll begin to look like Israel and boots on the ground will become required. Mark my words, we will end up in Iraq again.
Whew...man, I hope you're wrong. But I'm afraid that you aren't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but you COULDN'T finish the job" Couldn't or not let allowed to? HUGE difference.

"Giap, Charlie, and Ho were whipping your asses. Wrong.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about.

The VC, you do know what VC is, don't you?, put their BEST effort forward at the TET offensive. It was their last attempt to try and beat us.

We WON every single battle of the TET Offensive, yet the very liberal, as was found out after he retired, Walter Cronkite, "The most trusted name in news" LIED to the face of the American people with his declaration in Saigon claiming that we had lost.

As usual the troops on the ground were winning the battle and as usual the politicians turned tale and QUIT, just as Obama did in Iraq.
You guys lost Vietnam on the ground, not in smokey backrooms.

Tet was a defeat for us. Body count victories mean nothing in warfare.

That's another lesson you failed to learn.

Quote:
History repeats itself. Liberals decided iraq was another vietnam within weeks of the iraq war starting. They have worked to make it happen ever since.
It was not only another Vietnam within weeks of the war's beginning, it was a failure in conception before the troops hit the ground.

Sorry.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
They intend to come here anyways. We are the big satan and unless we convert to islam we are a target in thier global conquest plans. Bombing them doesnt change anything. We need to send them to thier virgins and allah much much sooner.
They come here because we go there.
Quote:
Yes...it's our fault that they hate us.

And yes...If you leave them alone they won't bother you.
Quote:
But we did. Cant go back and fix that. Backing out now wont fix that. Theres no stopping isis by standing on the sidelines unless your answer is joining them.

You didnt answer my question. Do you think radical islam is our fault? ( i know a slighty different question)
It's an outgrowth of Western policies in the Middle East...

So while I might not say "our fault" per se, we're definitely a huge contributor.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:51 AM

362 posts, read 590,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can't wrap mind around it.

Just how long did you want us to stay? Forever?
because if we were there maybe 10000 Christians would nt be killed by Islamists

i guess you dont care

Old 08-16-2014, 11:53 AM

19,837 posts, read 22,741,465 times
Leave the litter box to the rabid cats. When the kitties get a little to frisky with us- bomb them back to the stone age (which isn't very far to go). Wash, rinse, repeat. No boots on the ground. Aerial a*s-pounding. Use drones as suppositories to quell the little hemorrhoids.

What an epic cluster. Our foreign policy over there has been a joke for 40 years.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:54 AM

usa has army bases in korea and germany etc

how many bases do we have in iraq?none?arent they needed there more than germany?

Old 08-16-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Leave the litter box to the rabid cats. When the kitties get a little to frisky with us- bomb them back to the stone age (which isn't very far to go). Wash, rinse, repeat.

No boots on the ground. Aerial a*s-pounding. Use drones as suppositories to quell the little hemorrhoids.

What an epic cluster. Our foreign policy over there has been a joke for 40 years.
im a Christian but i dont like that talk -there are good iraqis

i think Gaza has rights and israel is crazy, yet ive voted republican

not sure who to vote for maybe- ted cruz but stop ignoring good muslims and stop the warmongering

Old 08-16-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
because if we were there maybe 10000 Christians would nt be killed by Islamists

i guess you dont care
No, i really don't.

It's not the job of the United States to save Christians worldwide.

We can however allow all of them to immigrate here if they're being persecuted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Roy Slade View Post
usa has army bases in korea and germany etc

how many bases do we have in iraq?none?arent they needed there more than germany?
No. Bases aren't needed in Germany OR Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies