Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

Does Wilson's 5th Amendment rights allow a legal "stay" of his police report?
Didn't you say you were an attorney? Wouldn't you know the answer to that question?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-22-2014 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: dited quoted post

Old 08-22-2014, 10:37 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Does Wilson's 5th Amendment rights allow a legal "stay" of his police report?
Ferguson Police Waited 10 Days to Review Michael Brown Incident Report - The Wire

"The incident report the Ferguson Police Department has on file has little more than the who, where and when of the shooting. It doesn't say what happened, it doesn't say how, and it wasn't even reviewed by a supervisor until 10 days after Michael Brown died."

Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm very happy to see some media showing some blacks in a positive note, and not just the rioters, looters and hating idiots calling for the murder of a cop. Though I doubt this will make it on CNN or MSNBC.
Who needs them. We've got the internet; as in world wide web.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Craigslist Ad: Korean Sharpshooters to Deal With #Ferguson Looters | The Gateway Pundit Na-jung-e bwae-yo!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Ferguson Police Waited 10 Days to Review Michael Brown Incident Report - The Wire

"The incident report the Ferguson Police Department has on file has little more than the who, where and when of the shooting. It doesn't say what happened, it doesn't say how, and it wasn't even reviewed by a supervisor until 10 days after Michael Brown died."
Because the case was turned over to St. Louis County almost right away (next morning from what I understand). They're the one doing the investigation.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
PRICELESS!!!!!

Also further down there's an article about gun sales being up. Whoda thunk it?

Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Could it be that the supervisor was busy with the riots, destruction and looting? Ya think?
The Ferguson police department was not overseeing the riots.

Nixon: State police to take control of security

I'm just going to say incompetence. But I know you want me to be more sinister
so I'll say something like:

The charges brought before the Grand Jury is based on evidence. The vaguer than is, the weaker the case. The police department deliberately allowed the report to be "vague as possible".

I could be even more sinister and say it was
malicious incompetence as many in the article I linked have already stated......

"It's clear now that Ferguson police knew then that they didn't have the incident report ... Lawrence O'Donnell argued that Jackson essentially admitted there was no incident report last week ... "we've pretty much given you every bit of information ... — I don't think there's anything else that we have to give out."

Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Didn't you say you were an attorney? Wouldn't you know the answer to that question?
Look it up for yourself.

I am not an attorney.

I am a parajurist.

Merely a clothespin for lies hung out to dry.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-22-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 AM

275 posts, read 193,174 times
Quote:

The charges brought before the Grand Jury is based on evidence. The vaguer than is, the weaker the case. The police department deliberately allowed the report to be "vague as possible".

malicious incompetence as many in the article I linked have already stated......

"It's clear now that Ferguson police knew then that they didn't have the incident report ... Lawrence O'Donnell argued that Jackson essentially admitted there was no incident report last week ... "we've pretty much given you every bit of information ... — I don't think there's anything else that we have to give out."
So they were twiddling their thumbs? And not out there on the streets?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:02 AM

17,416 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:

You've been told this several times - I don't know why it's not sinking in.

They turned the investigation over to St. Louis immediately afterwards. The police report was filed by that department and will not be made public until after the grand jury is done.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies