Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

The majority of both parties disagree with him, so its pointless babbling not worth the time to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 06:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Pastor Pastor Michael V. Williams, who uses his online platform to "teach political lessons based on conservative Christian ideology," is advocating for a new constitutional amendment that will punish LGBT people with ten years of hard labor for the crime of being gay.

“It’s time for Christians to resume obeying God and his word, and to re-criminalize homosexuality, outlaw it again,” the pastor continues. “The only way to do this and keep it beyond the reach of activist judges and unaccountable bureaucrats is to create a constitutional amendment.”

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

His proposed amendment states that the United States is a Christian nation based on Christian ethics, morals and principles, and as such, the practice of homosexuality "shall be a felony punishable by ten years in prison at hard labor."

The funniest part of this is that he claims the reason this amendment is needed is because Christians have been "too tolerant" of gays for the last 50 years. They have? Really? You have to wonder what alternate reality the good pastor has actually been living in for the last half a century.
Perhaps the reality where it is illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation, where there are books and magazines devoted to homosexuality, where there are television shows and movies including homosexuality, where the CEO of Mozilla was forced to resign due to opposing gay marriage, etc.

The idea that America is intolerant of homosexuality is just whining. It's just the usual liberal garbage that you spew, "wah wah I'm such a victim wah wah evil conservatives wah wah"

Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting black people to get a job and pay their own bills. Oh conservatives hate women for wanting them to pay for their own birth control. Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting people to follow the immigration laws. Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting people to prove they are citizens before voting.

They hysterical shrieking of liberals about how brutally victimized everyone is by the evil fascist conservatives is pathetic.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Pastor Pastor Michael V. Williams, who uses his online platform to "teach political lessons based on conservative Christian ideology," is advocating for a new constitutional amendment that will punish LGBT people with ten years of hard labor for the crime of being gay.

“It’s time for Christians to resume obeying God and his word, and to re-criminalize homosexuality, outlaw it again,” the pastor continues. “The only way to do this and keep it beyond the reach of activist judges and unaccountable bureaucrats is to create a constitutional amendment.”

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

His proposed amendment states that the United States is a Christian nation based on Christian ethics, morals and principles, and as such, the practice of homosexuality "shall be a felony punishable by ten years in prison at hard labor."

The funniest part of this is that he claims the reason this amendment is needed is because Christians have been "too tolerant" of gays for the last 50 years. They have? Really? You have to wonder what alternate reality the good pastor has actually been living in for the last half a century.
Anyone can claim to be a pastor or clergy person or they can get a certificate via the net. I doubt he has a church, just a blog, which anyone can also set up. Do you really think pastors, regardless of how right wing or evangelical they are really feel this way? Of course you don't. You may not be in love with the religious right, you may be a leftist, but I also think you are smart enough to know he is a nut case.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I didn't read the link. Don't have to waste the time with this one.

I'm a conservative, and I have to say this 'pastor's' view does not represent the majority; his call for punishment doesn't reflect the teachings of the New Testament in general nor those of of Christ. People like that give the rest of Christians a bad name.

If he's so adamant about punishing gays, then where does he stand on embroidering "A" on women's clothing and punishing them?

He's so far off the mark that he might be better off worrying about his own punishment to come...
Nicely said. I don't think all Christians are like this so-called pastor, but you are right, he does give Christians a bad name. Nice post.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Nicely said. I don't think all Christians are like this so-called pastor, but you are right, he does give Christians a bad name. Nice post.
But should he? A large number of Christians in the US are certainly against gay marriage, but obviously a very small percentage would agree with this. Personally I think people should try and ignore the groups that the people who say crazy things are part of; they're rarely reflective of the groups as a whole.

I'm not even Christian, but it's not fair for people to judge them based on what kooks like this guy say.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The majority of both parties disagree with him, so its pointless babbling not worth the time to read.
Because only a Democrat or Republican can shape political/social/moral debates???

Old 08-25-2014, 08:38 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
It's just a matter of time before this "pastor" is caught giving a BJ or HJ in an airport bathroom stall somewhere in America. These are the types of headlines that make me chuckle in the morning!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
I find it interesting that anytime someone bashes a christian for saying something dumb, the left automatically assumes they are conservative, almost as if there are no left wing religious wackos in this nation..

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Well he's right about the fact that this is a Christian nation. Punishing homosexuals though is crazy.
No he's not. The constitution prohibits our government from sponsoring any religion. This is a secular nation that values freedom of religion, yes even non-Christian ones. Is Christianity currently the dominant religion among the people? Yes it is but we (thankfully) do not live in a theocracy and are free to embrace or reject any or all religions.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:34 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Perhaps the reality where it is illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation, where there are books and magazines devoted to homosexuality, where there are television shows and movies including homosexuality, where the CEO of Mozilla was forced to resign due to opposing gay marriage, etc.

The idea that America is intolerant of homosexuality is just whining. It's just the usual liberal garbage that you spew, "wah wah I'm such a victim wah wah evil conservatives wah wah"

Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting black people to get a job and pay their own bills. Oh conservatives hate women for wanting them to pay for their own birth control. Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting people to follow the immigration laws. Oh conservatives are such racists for wanting people to prove they are citizens before voting.

They hysterical shrieking of liberals about how brutally victimized everyone is by the evil fascist conservatives is pathetic.
Even though you left out a couple of "wah wah's" I think I should rep. that one...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies