Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 02:31 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'll acknowledge and respect your individual decision not to carry a gun
Say what, where the hey did you get this idea? DH & I both have a CCW. That doesn't mean we strap up when we go to Kroger or Applebee.

edit to add: such a silly poster you are, and on to my ignore list you go.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep.
I'll guarantee, by my life and my soul, that no one in my local Kroger will ever be victimized by a firearm.
Next question?
That's not what I asked you.... I said victimized. I didn't say "by a firearm", I said "victimized" by crime in general.

And, unless your Kroger has metal detectors complete with armed security, I am not willing to stake my safety or that of my family's on your guarantee.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:44 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Say what, where the hey did you get this idea? DH & I both have a CCW. That doesn't mean we strap up when we go to Kroger or Applebee.
Say what? You see fit to carry a firearm certain places but not others? How is it that you are the only one in this world who knows where and when you'll become a victim of crime? If that were the case for me, I wouldn't carry one at all because I'd just avoid that situation, but alas, I don't have the psychic abilities that you apparently do. That's assuming I believe that you have a CCW and aren't just making it up to lend credibility to your position, which I don't....

Never the less, even if you do have a CCW and choose not to "strap up" everywhere you go, I respect your right and decision to make that choice for yourself, please reciprocate and respect my decision as well.

Quote:

edit to add: such a silly poster you are, and on to my ignore list you
go.
You can't argue with my logic, I understand

Old 09-05-2014, 05:18 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Yep.
I'll guarantee, by my life and my soul, that no one in my local Kroger will ever be victimized by a firearm.
Next question?
Oh my, how naïve. Even spies attempt assassinations in grocery stores. Read about Boris Korczak:

The deadly history of ricin - National | Globalnews.ca

Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Why not have a happy medium? CCW allowed, open carry not allowed. That way those that feel the need can carry, and those that are squeamish don't have to see it. I shop at Kroger every week, and have never "seen" a gun. Are they there? Yep, I live in Mississippi, many people carry daily. Do I feel the need to carry at all times? Nope, but that is my choice.

I think a lot of the problem is the idiots going around looking like a militia at Starbucks, or Jack in the box. It scares some people. When I do carry I don't feel the need to announce that fact or make a big show of it. THAT is how the vast majority of people that carry act. It is those fringe few, on both sides, that are making this an issue.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Its not the point of NEEDING ONE. Its the point of being able to wear a pistol when I go ANYWHERE....idiots are everywhere...these stores that post publicly that no guns are allowed are prime targets for stick ups...no thanks.
Shhhhhh, you are scaring people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The good ol "blood in the streets" song and dance. We will all be waiting for the "it's for the children" talking points next
The wait and see is always a good line.....

Old 09-05-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why should teachers be armed. Their job is to teach. Teachers already have the job of not only being educators but also counselors and nurses and many other hats. My daughter is a teacher and would quit if she had to have a gun. This is not their job.
They are not suggesting ALL teachers be armed.......that would be silly and uneducated move. Many teachers are trained in their personal lives to shoot and handle guns. I don't think they ever presented forcing teachers to be armed, unless you have something different showing ALL teachers are to be armed.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:32 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

edit to add: such a silly poster you are, and on to my ignore list you go.
Why would you pick and choose where and when? Grocery stores get robbed too. Parking lots are the best place to car jack.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Let me explain, in general, about civilians carrying guns for defense and the approach one must take.

First of all, there is the philosophy of, "Now that you can carry a gun, don't go anyplace you wouldn't go if you couldn't carry a gun." Now that doesn't mean don't go to those places that ban guns but rather, don't go to the roughest part of town looking for trouble.

If someone does have to shoot one in defense, one of the things that will happen is that they will be sued. The opposing lawyer will try to show, convince the jury of premeditation, that the shooter intended to shoot the other person instead of going elsewhere.

Ie, "So, Ms. Cassandra, you say you were in fear of my client's son, so you got up that morning with the intent to shoot him. You strapped on your pistol, went to where you knew my client's son would be, and shot him dead."

Now perhaps it didn't quite go down that way, but he will be trying to cast to the jury an interpretation that it did go down that way.

So what the gun carrier has to do, to defuse such a legal attack if it ever comes to it, is carry their gun all the time, everywhere they can. So the opposing lawyer can't say that you intended to shoot him that day.

Carrying all the time means that one day is no different than any other day. There was no intent on the gun holder to cause the situation but, that rather, the attacker caused the situation.

One is not suppose to go anyplace where they expect to need to use the gun. One carries everywhere they can because any one day is like any other day.
Interesting explanation!

Old 09-05-2014, 08:10 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why not have a happy medium? CCW allowed, open carry not allowed. That way those that feel the need can carry, and those that are squeamish don't have to see it. I shop at Kroger every week, and have never "seen" a gun. Are they there? Yep, I live in Mississippi, many people carry daily. Do I feel the need to carry at all times? Nope, but that is my choice.
Open carry is and always has been legal in the state of MS. It's in our state Constitution. I've seen someone open carrying twice. Once in Kroger and once in a Sportsman's Warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I think a lot of the problem is the idiots going around looking like a militia at Starbucks, or Jack in the box. It scares some people. When I do carry I don't feel the need to announce that fact or make a big show of it. THAT is how the vast majority of people that carry act. It is those fringe few, on both sides, that are making this an issue.
Like you, I don't "announce" that I'm carrying. If you look closely at my waist you will see something under my shirt but it could be anything. On the other hand I support the freedom of both fringe groups to express themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies