Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 02:19 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,480,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Really...you were at the writing of the constitution? Interesting.

Did automatic weapons exist in the 18th century?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 02:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
Good. One less worthless human being walking the planet.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM

430 posts, read 380,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The 2nd amendment says ONLY FOR SEMI AUTO GUNS....now does it? You can't change the rules after they have been written. But go ahead let politicians and judges think they have ANY power over the 2nd amendment..they will get laughed at.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,480,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What you mention reminds me of something. Around the 1900s, Italian immigrants were settling in Philadelphia. Their murder rates were higher than the Black murders rates for a few years. One thing those who were committing violence had in common was this: All were single men.

Yep, that's the driver of crime right there, especially those who are younger. A narrow demographic has become (to those who work in the field) practically synonymous with crime:

Men 16-24 who are not employed and not in school.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:54 PM

73,051 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Yep, that's the driver of crime right there, especially those who are younger. A narrow demographic has become (to those who work in the field) practically synonymous with crime:

Men 16-24 who are not employed and not in school.
Pretty much. Young men who are unemployed and not in school. Not or the other but both. One place I saw this was on Judge Joe Brown. It was a case where there were two Black standing before the judge. The defendant broke the plaintiff's jaw.

The differences are astounding. The defendant basically was unemployed and had dropped out of college. The other guy had his own place, was in school and working for the school. The defendant was behaving like a hood rat and even said to the judge "I don't care about dying". He had a "live by the sword, die by the sword" mentality.

He was making fun of the judge too. The differences couldn't have been more clear. Hood rat, unemployed, not in school, and the way he presented himself was more or less stupid. The person suing him, also a Black man, was well kept, dressed properly for court, in school, working for the school, speaking in a respectful manner.

The plaintiff and the defendant had been friends at one point. The plaintiff tried to show the defendant "hey, there is more to life than being a hood rat", and the plaintiff was leading by example. The hood rat defendant didn't listen. There are Blacks who try to show hood rats "there is a better way to live". Some listen, some don't listen.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:05 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,074,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Pretty much. Young men who are unemployed and not in school. Not or the other but both. One place I saw this was on Judge Joe Brown. It was a case where there were two Black standing before the judge. The defendant broke the plaintiff's jaw. The differences are astounding. The defendant basically was unemployed and had dropped out of college. The other guy had his own place, was in school and working for the school. The defendant was behaving like a hood rat and even said to the judge "I don't care about dying". He was making fun of the judge too. The differences couldn't have been more clear. Hood rat, unemployed, not in school, and the way he presented himself was more or less stupid. The person suing him, also a Black man, was well kept, dressed properly for court, in school, working for the school, speaking in a respectful manner.
Your point is well taken. I would also say that a lot of what some people perceive as racism is misplaced. I keep thinking back to living in Tennessee. Plenty of young black men and plenty of young white men without jobs, not in school, pants hanging below their butts, swaggering down the street with false bravado, holding onto the crotch of their oversized pants so they wouldn't fall down. They were everywhere I looked - even in the small (19,000) town I lived in at the time. No class. No idea how to act or talk in public. White trash, driving crap cars, making meth deals outside the local grocery store (that we nick-named "The Maggot Market"). Black trash swaggering down the road with combs stuck in their hair and baby soothers on strings around their necks (don't ask - I have NO idea).

45 minutes down the road I met some of my sons friends at his college graduation. Whites and blacks. Dressed appropriately. Clean and neat, with open and smiling and confident faces. Polite to me. Able to carry on friendly conversation. Now educated and excited about their futures. In short - normal people.

It's not about race.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,847,004 times
Quote:
Sword cuts as often as you swing and hit.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Speaking of mob of teens, this is from Memphis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD246Wk2DT0

Large group of teenagers violently attack three people and it was caught on video | myfox8.com

Quote:
A 25-year-old man said he was attacked by the group as he walked to his car. Two Kroger employees, 17 and 18, ran to help the man and were both repeatedly hit in the head and face, according to authorities.

The teens reportedly told police pumpkins “in excess of 20 pounds” were thrown on their heads while they were on the ground.

Police say both teens lost consciousness. A security guard eventually stopped the attack.

Kroger confirmed two of their male employees were attacked in the parking lot, taken to the hospital and released to their parents.

The video has spread via Facebook and other social media sites.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:19 PM

430 posts, read 380,128 times
"They Got a White Dude!" This, Shannon Watts, Is Why We Need Guns To Go Grocery Shopping - Bearing Arms

Just more "youths" doing what "youths" do.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,234,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ah but it is. The second amendment was not written about automatic weapons
Very few crimes are committed by licensed owners of automatic weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies