Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or Not?
True and she should be hung 16 30.19%
Not true at all 10 18.87%
I don't really know 2 3.77%
I really don't care. 26 49.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Looks like the future of ISIS if nothing is done to stop the savages. Not sure how Japan feel legit about denying when pictures show their soldiers.
That is a very interesting parallel. They both seem to have a fascination with swords and beheadings

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...c=0-0&sp=-1&sk=

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-08-2014 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 05:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
She actively tried to undermine the US when we were at war and had soldiers dying in combat. In WWII they would have dug a hole for someone like her.
And John Kerry was right there with her. He's a scum bag.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:33 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That is a very interesting parallel. They both seem to have a fascination with swords and beheadings
Well let the warmongers be damned

Old 09-08-2014, 05:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I agree she was wrong to go there. I had never heard these facts at all.

Why drag it up? Because i wanted too.
Interesting - could you tell us why is it suddenly so important to "clean Jane Fonda's record"?
She has even admitted and apologized for her actions during he Vietnam War.

What's really going on here? It's a little too late to try and re-write Vietnam History - as John Kerry discovered when he tried to do it. That nasty, inconvenient Video Tape strikes again.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:40 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Lot of know nothings, sitting behind a keyboard talking about something that they have no clue about!

Fonda should have been treated as a traitor and executed and just because time has passed ... does Nothing to change my mind!

As one who was serving at the time .. I can say that there were entire units that would have jumped at the opportunity to put her and Ramsey Clark six feet underneath NVA territory!
We don't execute for people for protesting, move to North Korea.

What should we have done to McNamara, Kennedy, Johnson, Eisenhower and all the congressmen that falsely claimed we were winning?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Sometimes the truth is painful to take, and when it comes to Vietnam, Americans simply can't deal with the truth.

What's the truth? It's this: we took an L in Vietnam at a point in our history when we were supposed to be the most formidable nation on Earth, and it just kills people that it went down like that.

We've come up with all the excuses..."we won every battle, we had it won if the American people didn't give up on the soldiers, the politicians tied our hands, it was the war protester's fault, it was the draft dodger's fault, it was McNamara's fault, it was Johnson's fault, etc. etc. etc....the excuses are mind boggling.

People lash out at Fonda (a non factor if there ever was one) because as usual, Americans NEVER hold the REAL criminals responsible for anything. It takes too much self examination to ask why we were stupid enough to insert ourselves in an Asian civil war in the first place. They're afraid of the answers. They go after weaklings like war protesters or Jane Fonda...who had not a damn thing to do with why we lost.

Meanwhile, they can't enough of forking over hundreds of billions of our tax dollars to the Military Industrial Complex, the people that pushed our politicians to constantly stick our noses in country after country during the Cold War...resulting in such disasters like Vietnam.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:43 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Snopes is funded by George Soros. It can't be trusted.
Wrong.
Quote:
The snopes.com web site is (and always has been) a completely independent, self-sufficient entity wholly owned by its operators, Barbara and David Mikkelson, and funded through advertising revenues. Neither the site nor its operators has ever received monies from (or been engaged in any business or editorial relationship with), any sponsor, investor, partner, political party, religious group, business organization, government agency, or any other outside group or organization.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I find it funny that there are people out there who want Jane Fonda to be hanged for treason and yet say nothing about the politicians who sent them over there to die.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:22 PM

148 posts, read 149,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Snopes is funded by George Soros. It can't be trusted.
Soros has put approximately as much money into Snopes as he has into Politifact, Fox News, the San Diego Chargers, and my vegan sister's wedding: $0.

Although I do like the fact that I can blame anything I don't like on the idea that George Soros funds it, despite all evidence to the contrary. White Sox lost to the Tigers? DETROIT IS FUNDED BY SOROS. Car broke down? NISSAN'S FUNDED BY SOROS. Girlfriend cheating on me? DAMN YOU GEORGE.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I find it funny that there are people out there who want Jane Fonda to be hanged for treason and yet say nothing about the politicians who sent them over there to die.
That's because they think we went there for a good cause and that we actually had a chance to win.

They're wrong about both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies