Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Oh. They're a "hate" group because they don't embrace gay "marriage."

Got it.

They fund organizations that fall in line with their beliefs, and they're automatically labeled either a "hate" group or homophobic.

Both of those labels are stuck on anyone who doesn't openly and actively support the gay agenda.

But then, no one has to eat at either Chick-Fil-A or Burger King, so I guess one can take one's money where one pleases!
...isn't that basically the same group that said Sponebob Squarepants was gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
...isn't that basically the same group that said Sponebob Squarepants was gay?
I don't know. I had never heard or paid any attention to them until HT33 brought it up.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:48 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No, they're an anti-gay hate group because they use their money to craft, publish, and disseminate literature with titles like "Homosexual Behavior and Pedophilia" that spreads garbage like "One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order"

They're an anti-gay hate group because they call for gays to be "exported" and for the criminalization of "gay behavior."

They're an anti-gay hate group because the supported (to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars) the effort in Uganda to pass a "kill the gays" bill.
OK. As I had never heard of this organization before you mentioned it here, I went to their webpage.

But I've also found things around the internet at various sites that both confirm and dispute what you say here.

I guess the entire point is that business owners can donate to whom they please--and people who disagree with it don't have to patronize their establishments.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I guess the entire point is that business owners can donate to whom they please--and people who disagree with it don't have to patronize their establishments.
Exactly (although in the case of Chick-fil-A it was the corporation itself, not the owner that was making the donations).

I like Chick-fil-A. I think their sandwiches are delicious. When I became aware of their corporate donations to anti-gay hate groups, I stopping going there because I didn't want my money funneled to those groups. I wasn't alone in this decision, and in response to this boycott, Chick-fil-A stopped its donations to anti-gay hate groups. Now that they've stopped, I again eat at Chick-fil-A from time to time.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:30 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Nice guy, great success story, created a lot of jobs for tens of thousands of people, great food, nice place to take the family for a great meal, RIP>

Old 09-15-2014, 08:58 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
The local CFA was mobbed when we were there the day he passed. The atmosphere there is always family oriented and wholesome which is a refreshing breath of fresh air especially these days.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The local CFA was mobbed when we were there the day he passed. The atmosphere there is always family oriented and wholesome which is a refreshing breath of fresh air especially these days.
Every time I've been in a fast food restaurant, I get the same bad food, generally the same bad service, and there is no difference at chickfila.

Did I mention they are way overpriced? Their fries are awful.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Every time I've been in a fast food restaurant, I get the same bad food, generally the same bad service, and there is no difference at chickfila.

Never had a bad meal. Great service, I think they are very selective on who they hire, always served with a smile, very clean, modern places, love their fries.

This reminds me of McDonalds way back..maybe 40 years ago...now McDonalds is a dump....

Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Never had a bad meal. Great service, I think they are very selective on who they hire, always served with a smile, very clean, modern places, love their fries.

This reminds me of McDonalds way back..maybe 40 years ago...now McDonalds is a dump....
They hired a former T-Mobile manager in Florida. He was a homosexual, not that it matters to me, but it seems a bit hypocritical of them to do it. He was a terrible store manager at any rate.

The two CFA's here in Clarksvegas are not good either. Generally, Captain D's has a longer line then CFA does.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:01 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Get the Cobb Salad and water. There’s enough for a take home second meal later. Excellent taste and excellent value. Service is always first class, family oriented and well mannered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies