Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:27 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Yes, they should vote and they should vote it down. We should give Iran, Russia and the Assad regime a free hand and quit appeasing the Saudis and other royal scum. That would destroy ISIS and not cost one American life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 01:56 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't believe there was a serious debate before we invaded Iraq & Afghanistan, this is important and congressmen should go on record. I really don't care if it harms their election chances, if they defer then they do not belong in congress.

I think we should,but i am split.

Isis has killed American citizens,whereas we were not threatened by Iraq AT ALL.

We have a problem though..we do not have any $$$$.
Second,once again,we NEED to attack the people who are financing Isis....
That would include attacking friends ahem the Saudis

Old 09-11-2014, 07:16 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
I don't believe there was a serious debate before we invaded Iraq & Afghanistan, this is important and congressmen should go on record. I really don't care if it harms their election chances, if they defer then they do not belong in congress.
That is why I really think our so called leaders love Obama taking action on his own because it gives our so called leaders a free pass on making tough decisions. Obama is the big shield that our so called leaders can hide behind because they do not have to face the wrath of the voters on issues like immigration reform, starting a war, giving corporations exemptions on Obamacare fines.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is why I really think our so called leaders love Obama taking action on his own because it gives our so called leaders a free pass on making tough decisions.
Obama is the big shield that our so called leaders can hide behind because they do not have to face the wrath of the voters on issues like immigration reform, starting a war, giving corporations exemptions on Obamacare fines.
Both sides have made their beds and crapped in it. Obama was so intent on doing things on his own and now the GOP is going to allow it. The GOP complained about Obama doing things on his own but now that they don't want to go on record they are showing their complaints weren't principled ones.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
The only vote by Congress should be a "NO" vote on increased military action. Let the people of the Middle East figure it out for once! No more loss of American lives over trying to police the world!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Many congressmen on both sides of the aisle would rather not vote on increased military action in Syria and Iraq, mostly because it may impact their election chances in November. They would just as soon defer to Obama rather than go on record to commit.

This needs to be debated and voted on, committing troops to war is important.

Will Congress Vote on Military Action Against ISIS? - Washington Wire - WSJ
Obama has bypassed Congress in the past. Why would he change?

If they do vote, it should be a resounding NO! Get out and stay out of other peoples issues.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Quote:
Many congressmen on both sides of the aisle would rather not vote on increased military action in Syria and Iraq, mostly because it may impact their election chances in November. They would just as soon defer to Obama rather than go on record to commit.

This needs to be debated and voted on, committing troops to war is important.

Will Congress Vote on Military Action Against ISIS? - Washington Wire - WSJ
Where in the article does it say Obama wants to commit troops to war?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:43 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Both sides have made their beds and crapped in it. Obama was so intent on doing things on his own and now the GOP is going to allow it. The GOP complained about Obama doing things on his own but now that they don't want to go on record they are showing their complaints weren't principled ones.

Seen old Mitch on TV just encouraging Obama to act alone and he stated there was no need for a vote. I think there should be a vote since we are declaring war and one issue that should be discussed is who is paying for it or where is the money coming from.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
How about those arab countries that are awash with cash fighting their own damn war.

Why should we have to sacrifice our young and spend billions of our dollars when these fat cat sheiks have a lot more at stake than we do?

Thank you for stating what should be obvious.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Seen old Mitch on TV just encouraging Obama to act alone and he stated there was no need for a vote. I think there should be a vote since we are declaring war and one issue that should be discussed is who is paying for it or where is the money coming from.
Someone should slug Mitch between the eyes for saying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies