Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
- socially, culturally, etc. - it was more ethnically homogeneous?
Yes

"Diversity" wreaks havoc on a nation; this has been demonstrated around the world.

Genetic, rather than cultural, diversity is advantageous to a species.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes

"Diversity" wreaks havoc on a nation; this has been demonstrated around the world.

Agreed.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:31 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Yes

I agree. I don't have a problem with anyone's genetics/race. But cultural diversity within a country just causes conflicts. The only way it works is to have one dominant/identifying culture with minority cultures in low numbers living among the dominant one. Two or more competing ones just doesn't work.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:

Really? How so?

I'd say Sweden has done fairly well as a nation (until recent travesties in that nation) - and I would guess they are fairly homogeneous society genetically. In fact they have the highest life expectancy of any country in the world, I believe.

They need no "genetic" diversity of any sort, if you ask me. In fact inviting "genetic" undesirables from other countries has only been a plague to that nation.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Dieversity is poison. Homogenous countries are always more peaceful, ordered, and efficient.
You mean like Iraq?

A revealing map of the world’s most and least ethnically diverse countries - The Washington Post

Old 10-14-2014, 10:13 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Really? How so?

I'd say Sweden has done fairly well as a nation (until recent travesties in that nation) - and I would guess they are fairly homogeneous society genetically. In fact they have the highest life expectancy of any country in the world, I believe.

They need no "genetic" diversity of any sort, if you ask me. In fact inviting "genetic" undesirables from other countries has only been a plague to that nation.

Genetic diversity helps all animal species for a greater ability to adapt to changing environmental challenges. Genetic diverstiy, as well as chance mutations, is what has perpetuated us as a species.

The left has highjacked the term "diversity" and have applied it to maladaptive acceptance of disruptive and divisive cultural practices.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:00 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
You guessed wrong. Not really sure your line of reasoning. There are a few people here I've "debated" or talked to over my time here who know exactly the neighborhood I'm from and know I'm probably who I say I am.

Look, here is an ethnic map of the twin cities. The "East side" and "Greater East Side" are the areas just north and east of the river, on the east side of the map. It is the mix of largely red, blue, and green. And North side is just north of that section.

I am not sure what particular neighborhood you live in(or claim to live in). But you either live in, or live very close to the most ethnically diverse parts of St. Paul.

Even more, you somewhat recently made a post on the Minneapolis/St. Paul forums about the east side, where you were commenting about the crime rate in the area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...de-thread.html

Also there is this post about the East side as well.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...aint-paul.html

My question here is, why in the hell do you live where you live? It seems to be somewhere a person like you would want to stay away from.

Secondly, you talk like you're twenty. But you might actually be in your 30's. You aren't married, and you sound like a misogynist when you discuss women.

Basically, you sound like a creep. I'm white, and I wouldn't want you getting anywhere close to my gorgeous blonde nieces.

You never seem to speak empathetically, you always speak very selfishly and condescendingly. Always belittling everyone instead of being constructive and insightful. You might argue that this or that is a benefit to society itself, but underneath, it is really only about what is beneficial to you.

You talk a lot about women, but I don't believe you really care about women. They are just objects of lust.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, here is an ethnic map of the twin cities. The "East side" and "Greater East Side" are the areas just north and east of the river, on the east side of the map. It is the mix of largely red, blue, and green. And North side is just north of that section.

I am not sure what particular neighborhood you live in(or claim to live in). But you either live in, or live very close to the most ethnically diverse parts of St. Paul.

Even more, you somewhat recently made a post on the Minneapolis/St. Paul forums about the east side, where you were commenting about the crime rate in the area.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...de-thread.html

Also there is this post about the East side as well.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/minne...aint-paul.html

My question here is, why in the hell do you live where you live? It seems to be somewhere a person like you would want to stay away from.

Secondly, you talk like you're twenty. But you might actually be in your 30's. You aren't married, and you sound like a misogynist when you discuss women.

Basically, you sound like a creep. I'm white, and I wouldn't want you getting anywhere close to my gorgeous blonde nieces.

You never seem to speak empathetically, you always speak very selfishly and condescendingly. Always belittling everyone instead of being constructive and insightful. You might argue that this or that is a benefit to society itself, but underneath, it is really only about what is beneficial to you.

You talk a lot about women, but I don't believe you really care about women. They are just objects of lust.
Wow. Really dude?

How do you know so much about me? Where did I talk about women in a way you are referring as such?

What about the East Side? What do you know about it? I know everything about it - I've lived it. My aunts and uncles, great grandparents, and so on and so and so on have lived it.

What do you think you know about it? What is your point about it being diverse? What does that tell you about me if I'm still here?

So many questions, and so many reasons to laugh it off when you ask them.

I value my anonymity on the Internet (for SO many reasons) and I'll give you a little, but I won't give you more than I think is in any way a detriment to me or my personal life. I know enough of what I will share for someone like you.

In short, you can troll a little, and I'll give you a little, but that's it.

What do you want to know about the East Side??? I've researched and, as I said, lived it.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:41 PM

For a simple (broad) answer as the East Side pertains to my OP " Would America face less cultural/social turmoil if...- socially, culturally, etc. - it was more ethnically homogeneous?" the answer is a resounding YES that it would be better off.

I've lived through the phases - my father, moreover, has lived through it literally. There was FAR LESS crime and trash on the East Side 50 years ago than there was 25, or 10 for that matter, before droves of undesriables showed up. You can't even walk downtown St. Paul or Minneapolis at night anymore without some shady looking cat coming up to you with a Chicago Bulls or White Sox paraphernalia on asking for something, or making EVERYONE uneasy, or...

What does that tell YOU???

Old 10-14-2014, 12:55 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
For a simple (broad) answer as the East Side pertains to my OP " Would America face less cultural/social turmoil if...- socially, culturally, etc. - it was more ethnically homogeneous?" the answer is a resounding YES that it would be better off.

I've lived through the phases - my father, moreover, has lived through it literally. There was FAR LESS crime and trash on the East Side 50 years ago than there was 25, or 10 for that matter, before droves of undesriables showed up. You can't even walk downtown St. Paul or Minneapolis at night anymore without some shady looking cat coming up to you with a Chicago Bulls or White Sox paraphernalia on asking for something, or making EVERYONE uneasy, or...

What does that tell YOU???
I would say "cultural" is the bigger issue that racial. There are parts of Chicago, that are literally homogeneous racially, but have all kinds of violence, poverty, and instability.

Missouri City, TX, on the other hand, has a majority-minority population, and has a low crime rate. It is also an upper-income area. Maybe the issue is about culture than it is race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies