Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 05:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
BTW, Chuck, thank you for (once again) proving my original contention. That you right wing nutjobs never do learn. LOL!
Examine the following......

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I've already responded.
If somebody is so uptight that they can't go to Walmart without slinging an AR-!5, I can't help but wonder what they are worried about and why.

Nobody else, not even little old ladies, deems it necessary to arm up just to go shopping. What is it that they fear is going to happen that they couldn't handle like the rest of us?

Frankly it seems like the conduct of someone whose priorities and anxieties are way out of kilter with the norm for our society.
Quote:
A banner isn't a lethal weapon at your finger tips.

As far as getting killed by this guy, I'd much prefer the odds if he puts down the weapon. What's his point in doing this in places where people don't carry guns?
Quote:
I fully support the right to own a firearm and I own several myself.

But I do not support openly carrying firearms in places where they are normally never carried and where no one else deems it necessary to carry one. That's purely provocative.

That should be a one size fits all rule. I can't think of any case where toting an AR-15 in a Walmart is necessary or appropriate.
Quote:
No offense intended but you sound like exactly the kind of person I don't feel comfortable with strutting around my family with a loaded gun.
Quote:
Nobody says you're not allowed to (unless the owner objects).

The question is why on earth would you?
Quote:
Therein lies the problem. The social norm accepted by the vast majority of the population is not to tote a gun in places like Walmart, where the routine affairs of life are conducted. That is the basis on which our society operates.

When you bring a gun into that setting, you are impose your will on the vast majority of society that sees no reason to bring a deadly weapon into such settings. No one knows anything about you, whether you are trained or trustworthy or whether you are angry or unbalanced. If you don't realize that the vast majority of people feel that way, then you are indeed out of touch.

Nobody says you can't own guns, or that you can't take them to appropriate places and blast away. You are perfectly free to keep them in your own home or your own place of business (if you own it).

But when you sport them in places that are clearly inappropriate, then you're out of line. It's that simple.

And it's the same whether you've strapped an AR-15 across your chest or a Beretta .45 on your hip.
Looks like you got played son!!!

Well, I guess you can pretend to be someone else, but you can't run from your posting history. All these posts can be found ion this thread:

When 1st and 2nd Amendment Conflict / double standard when it comes to freedom of speech and gun right

.... and many more can be found with minimal effort. Think4Yourself, woukld you like a towel, you know, to wipe all that EGG off your face?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 05:24 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
What about Armory and the others, huh? Are they being sarcastic as well?

Old 09-13-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
MY cause? This is a cause LWNJ gun grabbers are jumping on and blowing the entire incident out of proportion.

You guys will constantly make mountains from molehills and claim they were like that when you got there. If a factual depiction were presented with photo evidence you would claim it was fabricated. You are judging the woman for something you have only read about and have no clue as to what the true facts are.
Again...Did she put the rifle to her shoulder, draw a bead on the boy with her finger on the trigger and threaten to shoot him or did she merely have the thing with her to appear menacing? He might have said one thing and a parent can embelish upon it to make it sensational. Parents are known to do so.

Is merely holding a rifle "wreckless endangerment"? What if she was sharpening a knife?
If she was holding a gun to appear "menacing" to an 11 year old playing a musical intrument, she's got problems and probably shouldn't own a gun. The police seem to accept the credibility of the child and the parents. Not to mention that the police said they were "familiar" with this woman, so she's probably caused problems before.....

Any responsible gun owner would tell you that a gun should always be a last resort to solving any kind of problem, and when we're talking about an annoying eleven year old, a gun is never the answer. Anyone who thinks it is, even just to appear threatening, needs their mental stability checked. Also, guns and alcohol never mix.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
What about Armory and the others, huh? Are they being sarcastic as well?
I don't think armory is "defending" this woman, rather he is saying we need to know all the facts.... and there are no "others".... What "others"? Show me?

Regardless, I'll leave you to lick your wounds from that spank'n I just gave ya....

Old 09-13-2014, 06:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
I'm seeing contradictions in reportage on this item:

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStor...rinet-25461272

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0H724J20140912

One report states deputies found the 7mm Mauser had two rounds in the mag and the other said the rifle was "empty".

60 years old? She looks to be in the hard side of seventies.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:

That's what I've never understood. The gun nut dullards live in such fear they can't even go outside without a gun yet they accuse everyone else of being afraid? That is clearly just projection from an irrationally scared person and irrational people are EXACTLY the type of people who shouldn't be allowed to walk around with deadly weapons.
Meanwhile, the LWNJ libbies are scared to deah of letting their kids go 10' away from them because some bogeyman is going to get them, the food at the school will kill them, the teacher is mean to them, the bullies are too great in numbers, people have dogs and some kid said the word "gun" at recess.

How many libbies would rather have a saferoom in their house - where they hole up like fearful rats in the case of a home invasion - rather than arm themselves and run the bastids off the way you are supposed to?

Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I am a legal gun owner, and some people and their mental stability, really should be in question when getting a permit for a gun. The kid was practicing, for gosh sakes, and appears, the police knew of this women and her menacing ways.

You do not do something like that to a child, if he was only practicing he was in his own back yard, she does not own the whole street

I come right out and admit, some people ought not be legal gun owners..The women was also drinking, not a very good combination. If this kid was the most annoying kid on the planet, does not give her a right to do what she did. She is unstable. Clarinet practice, really, rather the clarinet then a bunch of losers getting high in the backyard.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, the LWNJ libbies are scared to deah of letting their kids go 10' away from them because some bogeyman is going to get them, the food at the school will kill them, the teacher is mean to them, the bullies are too great in numbers, people have dogs and some kid said the word "gun" at recess.

How many libbies would rather have a saferoom in their house - where they hole up like fearful rats in the case of a home invasion - rather than arm themselves and run the bastids off the way you are supposed to?
You and another of your stripe both like that name calling stuff don't you? Impressive.

"Libbies" are letting their kids go to school, even attend 1st grade talent shows without screaming about taking their guns into the school to protect their little darlings from hypothetical boogymen during the show.

Others demand the right to carry into their kiddies school for special events while ignoring the prospect of their kid getting shot by accident by a doofus teacher whose handgun goes off Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg at elementary school | The Salt Lake Tribune. The college professor who Idaho professor accidentally shoots himself in the foot in chemistry class | Reuters

This carrying by teaching staff is really working out well so far because the carriers have only shot themselves. God's plan of natural selection for imbeciles I guess.

What is the fear indicator here? Why it's the obsession to carry a weapon everywhere you go because there is an implied threat to going about your daily business.

Standing in front of the urinal with your back to a room full of strangers must be particularly traumatic for some of you. I'm sure though you'll come up with a work-around like depends or somesuch.

"Arm yourselves and run the bastids off the way you're supposed to". GAWD! That's priceless! Mr. Magoo rides again. Haar!

Old 09-13-2014, 11:25 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Don't worry nat, he's just as anti-gun as you are. He's just pretending.
LOL I'm not anti gun, I just think this case is ridiculous

Old 09-14-2014, 05:16 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,898 times
Quote:

You meant, like people normally do in Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan and other disorganized third-world countries? Great example for the US. Lol

I wonder if the proponents of "arm themselves and run the bastids off the way you are supposed to" approach realize that it makes the us more similar to third world than other civilized countries....
Yes, "vigilante justice for all!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies