Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 11:22 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,525,399 times

Advertisements

some peaceful Muslims in NYC yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxj...pjGRifCw#t=188

Old 09-15-2014, 11:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,938,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I realize that every religion has it's whack jobs and radicals, but obviously, islam has a much higher percentage that are much more likely to carry out the terrorist acts than any other religion. They don't care if someone is guilty, a child, a woman, a non-combatant, etc. All they care about is are they muslim or not and what country are they from.
And now you have muslims in the US killing American citizens simply for being and American? WTF!
And muslims wonder why there's backlash.

My problem is, I'm having a hard time understanding the peaceful muslims because I'm starting to group them all together. Muslim=bad
Why are you grouping them all together?

I have friends that are Pentecostal. They believe that women should submit to their husbands. The woman aren't allowed to cut their hair. They are required to wear long skirts and long sleeves and high collars so that very little skin is showing. They can't wear make-up. They can't work unless their husband/father permits them to do so.

I don't lump all Christians together, because I realize there is a huge variation within Christianity and the beliefs of Christians.

The same is true of Islam. There is a huge variation with Islam and the beliefs of Muslims.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,586,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Most people do feel this way. If they don't, they're either lying or hate America. Liberals normally fit this description.
Education would do you well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush.bereel View Post
Threads like this are strengthening my resolve that Americans are the most hateful people in the world, and I fight daily with the shame of being associated with people who think like the OP does.

Muslims, I love you all. Just like I love all Christians, Jews, pagans and atheists. I hate hate though, and all terrorists (regardless of the religion they pretend to be associated with) are nothing more than hateful people.
No no, not all americans, simply uneducated idiots. They usually fall into the conservative side of things.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM

2 yrs ago, in NYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFSi1AZTq8

Old 09-15-2014, 11:29 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,050,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why are you grouping them all together?

I have friends that are Pentecostal. They believe that women should submit to their husbands. The woman aren't allowed to cut their hair. They are required to wear long skirts and long sleeves and high collars so that very little skin is showing. They can't wear make-up. They can't work unless their husband/father permits them to do so.

I don't lump all Christians together, because I realize there is a huge variation within Christianity and the beliefs of Christians.

The same is true of Islam. There is a huge variation with Islam and the beliefs of Muslims.

Do Pentecostals cut their women's heads off if they refuse? That's the difference.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:31 AM

Oh look, a mock Islamic hanging, right in the middle of Madison Ave in NYC yesterday. A hanging of a woman... an adulterer, perhaps. So peaceful....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOe_zEdnBFU

17,273 posts, read 9,586,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Do Pentecostals cut their women's heads off if they refuse? That's the difference.
So basically you've made up your minds that ALL muslims are extremists. How logical & intelligent.

23,838 posts, read 23,163,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You might want to learn the words of Jesus and then get back to us.
Tell you what Casper. You stand there with your Bible in your hand while a muslim terrorist sticks a knife to your throat and tell us just how effectively the words of Jesus sustain you.

Deal?

The rest of us will see to it that evils of the world are defeated in whatever manner necessary, including supporting a war against these terrorists.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,163,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Education would do you well.

No no, not all americans, simply uneducated idiots. They usually fall into the conservative side of things.
Let me guess....like the poster above....you "love all Muslims" too huh?

I think most people can decipher between good and bad....and most people can see that radical Muslims make up the majority of the world's terrorists.

What is it about that theory that you disagree with?

Old 09-15-2014, 11:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
some peaceful Muslims in NYC yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxj...pjGRifCw#t=188
And these guys represent all Christians, right? So Christians won't mind me lumping them in with WBC and assuming that all Christians support their hate, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbfQ117Jts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies