Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“I’m tickled to death with it,” Ms. Evans, 49, said of her new coverage as she walked around the Kentucky State Fair recently with her daughter, who also qualified for Medicaid under the law. “It’s helped me out a bunch.”

But Ms. Evans scowled at the mention of President Obama — “Nobody don’t care for nobody no more, and I think he’s got a lot to do with that,” she explained — and said she would vote this fall for Senator Mitch McConnell, the Kentucky Republican and minority leader, who is fond of saying the health care law should be “pulled out root and branch.”
NY Times Link

So thousands of people in a state like Kentucky now have access to health insurance coverage, and are happy for it, but plan on voting for candidates who are running on repealing the law that gives them coverage. Have we become so blindly partisan that we'll vote for a blindly vote fora party no matter how much they act against our own best interests?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 10:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
I've been spending a lot of time in my home county over the last month.

I can not tell you the number of people who are talking about "I wish I could get Obama's insurance like my daddy in Kentucky"

No, there are just a lot of ignorant people. Mainly those who had health insurance already who fear they are going to pay for someone elses with taxes. What they don't understand is that a national healthcare system lowers prices for everyone, overall, so the tax burden is shrunk, if not completely subsided by the savings cost. Our medical cost rate has grown far greater then that of inflation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies