Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 03:12 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
Boots on the ground could happen at any time especially if some European countries get involved. This all makes me feel queasy.

And no, the president will probably not blame the GOP for Iraq. If he does, I'll be the first democrat to call him out on it. That being said, his friends in the media will be relaying whatever message he wants. Public support for this is critical especially before the mid terms.
"Leadership by polls"....wonderful, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one posting here has researched how we got involved in Vietnam.

Obama sounds like JFK.
Obama couldn't shine JFK's shoes.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We learned our lesson from the idiot frat boy from Texas and his handler Dick Cheney.

I say we learned our lesson, I say Democrats learned. Put a Republican in the White House and we WILL be sending combat troops into a no-win war of our making.

That's why we won't see another Republican in the White House till 2024 at the earliest. A new generation of voters will come along who have forgotten the past and put another Republican in the White House and it will be time for another bloody debacle somewhere far away
Who was more of a cocaine, pot, alcohol fueled frat boy than Obama?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'd say in about 60 days. Then the dumb-dumb in chief will go on national tv and blame the GOP.

His boot lickers will fully support him.
We shouldn't have pulled out in the first place. That was a huge mistake, and it's Barack Obama's fault that we have the situation that we have today in the Middle East.

But, you cannot hold territory without boots on the ground. When the bombing is done, you have to send in the troops, or the enemy will simply "back fill" and move right back in, as happened in Iraq when we pulled out in the first place.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Or worse...when will the first American die for the people of Iraq this time? I fear our government in incapable of ever learning from their mistakes.
I think the goal here is to learn from 9/11 and not allow it to happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies