Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:48 AM

1,259 posts, read 829,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No one had ever heard of ISIS a few months ago, now they being equated with armageddon.
Its almost as ISIS was invented to justify further operations in the region....

Old 09-20-2014, 11:43 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louche View Post
When is Bill Maher not shouting?
Why do people pay attention to anything Bill Maher says? He's a 'comedian' (using the term loosely), not a politician.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:08 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,839,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why do people pay attention to anything Bill Maher says? He's a 'comedian' (using the term loosely), not a politician.
Why did anyone pay attention to Ronald Reagan? He was an actor.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:53 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
I'm seeing a very slight shift in the media into questioning the ISIS hype. It may be too little, too late, but it is nonetheless encouraging. The selling of the phony ISIS threat to Americans by a media that was duped by the defense industry and the ideological hawks like McCain is one of the most frightening developments in recent history. You would think after all these fiascos in which we have become embroiled, that the media and the people would be a little more skeptical.

One saving grace so far is that Obama appears to "get it". His response has been to give the war mongerers a bit of lip service while not really involving the US in the dispute. We can only pray that he sticks to a non-interventionist course, but I am afraid that the hawks and the profiteers will get to him just like the did Kennedy, Johnson, and, to a lesser degree, Nixon.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:02 PM

8,635 posts, read 9,144,630 times
Quote:
No one had ever heard of ISIS a few months ago, now they being equated with armageddon.
A year ago Syria was the villain. US wanted to intervene in a bad way. The American public said oh hell no! Fast forward several months and now its this ISIS or is it ISAL? Funny in that I hear it pronounced both ways as though the top dogs have not figured that out yet, unless I'm missing something. So now ISIS is the threat to the world, who recruits losers from many nations who just happen to reside in that other world threat....Syria......See where I'm leading?

Old 09-20-2014, 01:03 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Why did anyone pay attention to Ronald Reagan? He was an actor.
Who became a two-term governor and two-term president. What's your point? Maher is a moron and Reagan was a great man and great president.

Wait, let me guess, you're an obagger?

Old 09-20-2014, 01:09 PM

573 posts, read 971,398 times
The conservatives want another war, plain and simple. Their government contractor friends can't make money without one. Fox Propaganda/News wouldn't be screaming for another war unless they were ordered to.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:38 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
The conservatives want another war, plain and simple. Their government contractor friends can't make money without one. Fox Propaganda/News wouldn't be screaming for another war unless they were ordered to.

There is no business like war business...

Old 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Maher would have objected if anyone saw first World trade building as a sign of threat also; just as others didn't.I say we pulled out of Iraq under Obama's plan and now ISIS moved right in. France and UK used air power only against Syria and they moved right it.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Funny how that all seems to work out. Gotta have the boogie man so to say in the ME. They always seem to be zinging around in old pickup trucks with machine guns mounted onto em too..........lol. It's all a dog and pony show anymore. Ever since these clowns came out and said hey we got bin laden and folks said well lets see some pictures of him and our enchanted leaders say oh sorry we tossed him off a ship into the ocean the whole thing has been a joke. I guess the powers that be think they can get anything by the sheep..............and it appears they are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies