Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

I know a lady that gets 190.00 a month in food stamps and has no children. Who can get food stamps? And I know people that get them that should not be able too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 12:03 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
I'll save everyone the trouble;

Conservatives - "Nobody should get food stamps, it's an entitlement program and it makes people dependant on the government and who can trust the government to do anything unless its tell people what they can do with their bodies or spend money on national defense".

Liberals - "Conservatives hate poor people and black people and women who are poor and black and everyone on food stamps is a struggling hero who has been wronged by the white man".

Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
There are been TONS of threads on this topic.

WHO- anyone that applies and qualifies based on your states and counties guidelines.
How much- varies based on income, state/county guidelines, family size.

It covers food but nothing hot and ready (though some states allow hot foods and even fast food- most do NOT).

Old 09-30-2014, 12:22 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Anybody- if you meet the eligibility requirements... Troll thread or real question?

Why haven't you reported all the people you know committing welfare fraud if it concerns you so much?

Old 09-30-2014, 12:25 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Anybody- if you meet the eligibility requirements... Troll thread or real question?

Why haven't you reported all the people you know committing welfare fraud if it concerns you so much?
This thread is for real and not a troll thread.

Believe it or not I've talkied to a person at a government office about a person that make 30,000 dollars under the table and gets food stamps and the office worker didn't seam to care.

Last edited by JD59; 09-30-2014 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-30-2014, 12:26 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Good point !!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I'll save everyone the trouble;

Conservatives - "Nobody should get food stamps, it's an entitlement program and it makes people dependant on the government and who can trust the government to do anything unless its tell people what they can do with their bodies or spend money on national defense".

Liberals - "Conservatives hate poor people and black people and women who are poor and black and everyone on food stamps is a struggling hero who has been wronged by the white man".

Not True!

Conservatives - Nobody should be allowed to get food stamps for life. It becomes an entitlement program designed to buy votes and force dependence on the government. All support programs should be designed to promote self reliance and a planned self exodus from the program.

Liberals - Buying votes with other people's money is fun! OOPS! Did I say that out loud? Ahem...We must protect the underprivileged and minorities who cannot compete on an equal level so that they too can have a decent standard of living and adequate food no matter how long it takes. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:32 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
This thread is for real and not a troll thread.

Believe it or not I've called on one person about fraud and no action ever was taken by the government.
There are federally mandated gross income requirements, resource requirements, citizenship requirements (5 year immigrant bar). Housing expenses can be used to deduct income but must be verified. Full-time students not working more than a certain number of hours are excluded.

Most food stamp recipients are children or elderly and the majority of people in between are employed (Wal Mart and McDonalds are the two largest employers in the welfare system).

Old 09-30-2014, 12:34 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
I agree,we should get rid of everything that is government program, including government members,congress and so forth.
Ron Paul suggested the same idea but it has to be for everybody, not only poor black,Hispanic or minority families.
Governement waste, injustified wars ,foreign aid to allies .

Old 09-30-2014, 12:34 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Everyone should get food stamps or nobody should get food stamps. Time for government to stop treating people differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies