Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/wo...ment.html?_r=0

It seems like the agreement will keep U.S presence in Afghanistan until 2024.
The Agreement appears to be multi-phase.
Phase 1: 2015-2017
Phase 2:22017-2024

I am not sure it was the wisest thing for Obama Administration to commit two future administrations to Afghanistan in such a fashion.
How are you going to invade Iran if you don't have troops and bases in Afghanistan?

How many freaking times do I have to tell you people this: you have a Geo-Strategy and that Geo-Strategy calls for controlling Iran in order exert hegemony over Central Asia, which is needed as a base of operations for the US No-Fly Zone over Russia.

That Geo-Strategy can be summed up as this: you fly to Tripoli, rent a car, and then drive to Kamchatka via Cairo, Baghdad, Tabriz and Tashkent, and the only thing you see are American flags, McDonald's and Starsux.

Here, for the not-too-bright, notice the dates...

09-06-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Maybe the US is getting ready to play the Baluchistan Card.

If the US is unable to gain control of Iran, then supporting the independence of Baluchistan is the next best option.

09-27-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
That isn't Obama, that's neo-con Tony Lake who is Obama's foreign policy advisor and will probably become White House Chief of Staff or National Security Advisor if Obama is elected.

What you can interpret from that is McCain would likely invade Iran, while Obama would likely back an independence movement by Baluchistan so that the US can have road, rail and air access to Central Asia.

Having US troops in Waziristan would allow the US to quickly shift troops to "peace-keeping duties." As an added bonus, the US could kick the Chinese out of their naval base in Baluchistan.
10-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
However, given Obama's harsh rhetoric toward Pakistan, his claim that he wants more US forces in Afghanistan, and his association with neo-con Lake, I have to wonder if the focus isn't going to be shifted from Iran to Pakistan.

The US must have air, road and rail access to the Central Asian states, and soon, and whether that's through Iran from the Persian Gulf or through the Baluchistan Province in Pakistan from the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean makes no difference.

Lake's modus operandi is clandestine conflicts, and I can see Obama publicly denying support for an independent Baluchistan while behind-closed-doors dumping money and weapons into Baluchistan to support their revolution, which is exactly how the US handled Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia and Kosovo-Metohija.

In that case, Lake was buying weapons from Iran to ship to Bosnia, Croatia and later to Kosovo-Metohija.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see weapons flowing from Iran into Baluchistan. The sticking point is that Balochs also live in Iran and occupy a fairly large area in the southwest. Obama/Lake would have to find a way to appease Iran, maybe by allowing them to have nuclear energy under supervision of a neutral country.
Notice the date...

Information

This entry was posted on February 23, 2012 by Jafria News in Jafria

US putting Pressure on Pakistan to allow bases in Balochistan for espionage on Iran

Quote:
JNN 22 Feb 2012 : An Indian newspaper says the United States is putting pressure on Pakistan to allow Washington to establish espionage bases in the country’s Balochistan province to gather intelligence on Iran.

According to a report published by The Times of India on Monday, the U.S. Congress has been discussing a resolution to recognize the right of Baloch people to self-determination as a means of putting pressure on Islamabad to give in to the U.S. demands.
[emphasis mine]

http://jafrianews.files.wordpress.co...stan.jpg?w=547

US putting Pressure on Pakistan to allow bases in Balochistan for espionage on Iran | Jafria News

Note that the facilities in Baluchistan can also be used to spy on India.

Seeing how Round II of the Great Satan Global Smack Down is getting ready to start, and your jobs will be going to India for the next 15-20 years, I'd imagine the US would want to spy on India to disrupt the Indian economy.

Y'all need to reach down with both hands and pull your heads out of your full-point-of-contact.

If you don't want to be embroiled in future conflicts, then you need to vote 3rd Party....for the rest of your life....while you're still allowed to vote.

That's what you get for missing staff meetings...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 08:32 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
How are you going to invade Iran if you don't have troops and bases in Afghanistan?

How many freaking times do I have to tell you people this: you have a Geo-Strategy and that Geo-Strategy calls for controlling Iran in order exert hegemony over Central Asia, which is needed as a base of operations for the US No-Fly Zone over Russia.

That Geo-Strategy can be summed up as this: you fly to Tripoli, rent a car, and then drive to Kamchatka via Cairo, Baghdad, Tabriz and Tashkent, and the only thing you see are American flags, McDonald's and Starsux.

Here, for the not-too-bright, notice the dates...

09-06-2008, 01:07 PM

09-27-2008, 09:09 PM

10-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Notice the date...

Information

This entry was posted on February 23, 2012 by Jafria News in Jafria

US putting Pressure on Pakistan to allow bases in Balochistan for espionage on Iran

[emphasis mine]

http://jafrianews.files.wordpress.co...stan.jpg?w=547

US putting Pressure on Pakistan to allow bases in Balochistan for espionage on Iran | Jafria News

Note that the facilities in Baluchistan can also be used to spy on India.

Seeing how Round II of the Great Satan Global Smack Down is getting ready to start, and your jobs will be going to India for the next 15-20 years, I'd imagine the US would want to spy on India to disrupt the Indian economy.

Y'all need to reach down with both hands and pull your heads out of your full-point-of-contact.

If you don't want to be embroiled in future conflicts, then you need to vote 3rd Party....for the rest of your life....while you're still allowed to vote.

That's what you get for missing staff meetings...

Mircea

You're preaching to the choir Mircea. I'm doing my part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies