Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 02:08 PM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akama13 View Post
I am not sure why anyone would want their child(ren) to grow up without a mom. I feel bad for them.
Ok, I have terminal cancer, I guess I should kill my 9 and 5 year old because I wouldn't want them to grow up without a father

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 02:08 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Look how JUDGMENTAL the Left is when a person makes a CHOICE they disagree with. Funny they come out with universal CONDEMNATION for this woman's CHOICE.

Is the Left's thinking a GENETIC DEFECT? They ALWAYS get it wrong -- Every time!

NO GREATER love has a woman than this; That she should lay down her life for another.
-- Jesus (paraphrased)
There is also a risk that this cancer may be passed on to the unborn child, it is rare, but especially if it shares the same genetic predisposition to this cancer. This is not about left or right leaning, it is about this woman sacrificing herself. I could understand if this was a late term pregnancy, but she stands a chance at saving her life and having another child later and get the pleasure of seeing at least the first child grow up. Interesting is that the same ones that think this is an abortion issue and that those thinking she is making a mistake are liberals are the same ones that tend to not support welfare or the poor or the right to die. You only care about the unborn, but once it is born and a citizen, it is on its own. I feel that she should save her life, mourn the loss of this unborn infant, love the child she has and go from there if she wants another child. I know most mothers would step in front of a raging bull to save her child, but this woman can save her own life. How does an unborn child become more important then ones own life?

Old 01-18-2015, 02:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The left is more in favor of killing babies than saving them, especially if the baby is a minority. Their actions are what speaks loudest. Their words mean nothing. Look to their leader, the boy king as an example of how they really behave.

This mother was selfless, something lefties are unfamiliar with.
She certainly was not selfless - especially with respect to her existing children. Get familiar with that.

Quote:
Please don't breed
Can conservatives not keep any conversation classy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmm yes, so selfless that her real life kid is going to grow up w/out his mother. Boy, what a stand up gal!
I agree; this was not a selfless act. However, that was her choice and I'm glad she had a choice.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:15 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmm yes, so selfless that her real life kid is going to grow up w/out his mother. Boy, what a stand up gal!
That's one perspective. The other is that the child has a chance to live and do great things. This is the thing I hate about abortion discussions, which is why I try and avoid them; everyone goes in thinking they're the only one's who could ever be right.

This woman's situation was unpleasant, which is a word that doesn't do her situation justice at all, and the results weren't going to be ideal no matter what he choice ended up being.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:19 PM

963 posts, read 689,763 times
With libs, the "choice" must ALWAYS be, "KILL THE DAMN KID!"

She made the "choice" to sacrifice her own life so that her CHILD may live. From the left, this only earns her contempt.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:

She made the "choice" to sacrifice her own life so that her CHILD may live. From the left, this only earns her contempt.
What about her other children? Do they matter at all? Or just the fetus?

Old 01-18-2015, 02:27 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:

BS. being pro choice is supporting a woman's right to choice, abortion is only one choice. BS blanket statements like yours are disingenuous.

many women here pro choice or not, would not make the same choice based on the need of their living family. some women would. it's called choice.

personal pregnancy choices are as individual as the woman herself.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What about her other children? Do they matter at all? Or just the fetus?
She made her decision. Choice is choice.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:08 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:

Libs are pro-CHOICE.

This woman made her own choice.....that is what pro-CHOICE is all about, therefore, no contempt....AT ALL.

Here is what is scary, there are conservative pro-lifers who would rather have had the government make that choice for her.....by force. Pregnant? No chemo for you.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:12 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Today's democrats - killers of babies. These are the obaggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies