Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:04 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,605,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yeah! She should have killed the damn baby then died a year later anyway! How dare she make as CHOICE we don't like!
The only "choice" the left supports it the one they'd make. If you support choice you have to support all choices not just the one you like. The truth is they're not pro choice. They're pro abortion evidenced by the fact they're up in arms that she didn't have one. Why is her CHOICE invalidated here?

I agree with you. This woman had no way of knowing whether killing her baby and going for treatment would have done anything for her. It's a gamble either way. She chose the path that let one of them live. There really was only one path that would give one person a good shot at living and that was letting the baby life. I hope people tell this child how much her mother loved her. What a beautiful story of selfless love. I wish it had a happy ending and she'd be cured anyway but fairy tales don't always come true in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 07:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,092,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Yeah! She should have killed the damn baby then died a year later anyway! How dare she make as CHOICE we don't like!
OMG....the hypocrisy!

Republicans/conservatives/pro-lifers are the ones who want to take away CHOICE......because a woman might make a choice they don't like. We want abortion banned because we don't like it! WHAAAAA!

Would you be defending her CHOICE if she had chosen to abort?....a choice you didn't like?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And what of the well being of her 6 year old child?

Oh THAT'S right. You don't care because now its not a fetus that you can hold over religious people's heads to garner votes.
What of the well being of her 6 year old child. Do you know how many kids grow up without parents and turn out just fine? While losing a parent is not ideal it is not the end of the world. It sounds like this woman has family who will step in if/when she dies.

I can't believe anyone is judging a woman dying of cancer like this. Where is the compassion the left is supposed to have? She's dying . She didn't choose this. What she did is make the best choice under awful circumstances. She chose the path that gave someone the greatest chance to live. It just happens the person with the greatest chance to live was her baby and she pretty much gave up any chance she had by saving the baby. I commend her selflessness and bravery. And yes I think her children deserve to be taken care of. It's not like their mom went out and deliberately got cancer so she could screw society.

When you have to make a choice between two people, you choose the one with the best odds of survival. Ask any EMT. When my aunt and uncle were in a motorcycle accident the paramedics couldn't work on both of them. They quickly assessed that she had the best chance of making it and saved her life. He died. It is logical to choose that the person with the best chance at living be given the chance to live when you have to make a choice between two people. That's what this mom did. Her chances were not good either way but the baby's chances were great.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The only "choice" the left supports it the one they'd make. If you support choice you have to support all choices not just the one you like. The truth is they're not pro choice. They're pro abortion evidenced by the fact they're up in arms that she didn't have one. Why is her CHOICE invalidated here?

I agree with you. This woman had no way of knowing whether killing her baby and going for treatment would have done anything for her. It's a gamble either way. She chose the path that let one of them live. There really was only one path that would give one person a good shot at living and that was letting the baby life. I hope people tell this child how much her mother loved her. What a beautiful story of selfless love. I wish it had a happy ending and she'd be cured anyway but fairy tales don't always come true in real life.
Has the left ever proposed legislation to force a mother in her position to abort against her will?

NO......so much for your contention.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Has the left ever proposed legislation to force a mother in her position to abort against her will?

Yes, they have. Have you ever heard of China's one child policy?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
OMG....the hypocrisy!

Republicans/conservatives/pro-lifers are the ones who want to take away CHOICE......because a woman might make a choice they don't like. We want abortion banned because we don't like it! WHAAAAA!

Would you be defending her CHOICE if she had chosen to abort?....a choice you didn't like?
I don't know about anyone else but I would. This is a case where both people cannot live. Only one will have a chance at life. It's a sad situation no matter what you choose. This is the EXTREMELY RARE case where an abortion might save the life of the mother, however it is her choice to make. It is not one I'd wish on anyone.

In general I'm anti abortion except in the case of saving the mother's life so I would not have had an issue with her choosing to abort. I find this situation sad all the way around. However, I find her choice to be selfless and heroic. She chose to save someone else rather than save herself. That's what we call a hero. I commend her choice but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have supported her right to make this choice had she chosen differently. This is a young mother dying of cancer and yes we owe it to her kids to take care of them. This is EXACTLY what survivors benefits are for.

What's really interesting is the left would call me anti-choice yet I'm the one who would support her choice either way while they criticize her for not having an abortion. Just who is supporting a woman's right to choose here?

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 01-18-2015 at 07:33 PM..

Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, they have. Have you ever heard of China's one child policy?
What does China have to do with it?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Where did I say anything about anyone forcing her to abort? I was referring to the criticism for her choice because it's not the favorite choice of the left. The left loves their abortions. They would love to hold this woman up as a poster child for pro abortion by claiming an abortion saved her life but she didn't cooperate. She chose to save a life instead and they criticize her for that choice. It is the criticism she's getting from the left I'm talking about. I never accused anyone of forcing anything on anyone. I simply pointed out that if you are pro CHOICE you have to be pro ALL CHOICES. Not just the one you like. For someone who is pro choice to criticize this woman's choice is hypocrisy. You either are pro choice or you're not. If you're pro choice then you must support ALL CHOICES even if you don't like them. I never accused anyone of forcing abortions on women. Just more leftist histrionics because they don't like what's being said.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:27 PM

6,412 posts, read 6,310,737 times
Quote:
Seriously dude? We have never had such legislation in the USA nor has it ever been brought up. Unfortunately, we are still debating the "adults' rights issues" 42 years after abortion was made a legal option.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Quote:
China is a leftist nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies