Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

So instead of working in bipartisanship to fix this we've got Republicans cheering about how it will harm other citizens because they....don't like the law. got it.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So instead of working in bipartisanship to fix this we've got Republicans cheering about how it will harm other citizens because they....don't like the law. got it.
What bipartisanship? Obama and the Dems locked the R's out of the process. So now, the Dems have to own their disaster. Deal with it.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:17 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What bipartisanship? Obama and the Dems locked the R's out of the process. So now, the Dems have to own their disaster. Deal with it.
Nonsense. The GOP didn't want to have anything to do with it in the first place, other than to say no, no, no.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That is actually not possible, don't believe everything your handlers feed you

Old 10-02-2014, 01:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Originally Posted by weltschmerz
Well, in my country, we all pay for it.
Furthermore, try getting treatment for cancer in the ER. Try getting dialysis in the ER.
When I worked in palliative care in the US, most of the people who were dying from cancer were denied treatment or dropped by their insurance companies like hot potatoes.

You're being dishonest and deflecting. Treatment for cancer in Canada is also non-existent, or at best delayed so long it becomes futile.

Try getting it on Obamacare and Medicaid!!! I have experience with that, and believe me if I ever get cancer my chances will be far less than a decade ago. Time critical diseases are a way to trim the costs of social healthcare through attrition.

Thank GOD homosexual men, children, middle aged and elderly people have access to birth control and OB GYN's

but... you go ahead and continue arguing meaningless points amongst yourselves.
ROTFLMAO!!!
You're a funny, funny man.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
I guess that's why our cancer survival rates are almost identical to yours(and sometimes higher)....because cancer care is nonexistent here.
Makes perfect sense.

You know less than nothing about Canadian healthcare...from our supplemental insurance to our cancer care.
Better to not say anything at all.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:28 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So, the GOP gets locked out of the law in the first place, the law gets passed despite not one single GOP vote for it, and even that required procedural trickery on the Democrats' part to pull off (with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate) and the broken parts all being INTENTIONALLY BROKEN by the writers of the law so it would squeak in under CBO scoring, and since its passage all of the uncomfortable parts that would make it work even remotely properly are all avoided, violated or simply ignored by the Democrats in charge of the Executive branch...and it's now the GOP's fault for not being bipartisan in trying to "fix" it?

Seriously? You're really this blinded by partisan myopia?

Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So, the GOP gets locked out of the law in the first place, the law gets passed despite not one single GOP vote for it, and even that required procedural trickery on the Democrats' part to pull off (with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate) and the broken parts all being INTENTIONALLY BROKEN by the writers of the law so it would squeak in under CBO scoring, and since its passage all of the uncomfortable parts that would make it work even remotely properly are all avoided, violated or simply ignored by the Democrats in charge of the Executive branch...and it's now the GOP's fault for not being bipartisan in trying to "fix" it?

Seriously? You're really this blinded by partisan myopia?
You forgot the part where the republicans tried to fix it then the dems shut the government down and blamed the republicans and the lap dog media parroted the dem message like they were on the payroll.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:31 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
That is actually not possible, don't believe everything your handlers feed you
GOP Senate votes for ACA - 0
GOP House votes for ACA - 0

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can't have your own facts. The GOP had nothing to do with the PPACA. Not a single yea vote in either chamber of the Legislature. Yet here it is...Suggestion of the Land.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how those on the political right have no sense of morality or empathy for their fellow citizens. Putting these people in power is like hiring Jack the Ripper as a social worker.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/us...ml?src=me&_r=0

This stands out:

'The ruling, if ultimately upheld, could cut off financial assistance for more than 4.5 million people who were found eligible for subsidized insurance in the federal exchange, or marketplace.'

It seems it would be best if these people do in fact have their own country, where their devotion to selfishness can find full expression. I sure don't want them in the USA.
Liberals passed the bill look at what they have done. No empathy in the wording of the bill all on liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies