Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,537,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I've seen people that have an addiction to Cheetos. they all have bright orang fingers..
Many here, myself included at times, are addicted to this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 10:42 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Addictive personalities will cling to whatever is available: drugs, video games, gambling, shopping, and on and on.
The problem is addiction, not marijuana. Outlawing the substance does absolutely nothing to address the problem.

I know a law is not going to stop people from using. But with legality and increased availability.....I assume more people will use marijuana.

Pot CAN be the problem for the person who gets addicted to it and has their life messed up.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,745,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I know a law is not going to stop people from using. But with legality and increased availability.....I assume more people will use marijuana.

Pot CAN be the problem for the person who gets addicted to it and has their life messed up.

actually telling people, especially teens not to do something makes them want to do it more..

in the Netherlands their is like 40 to 50 percent less pot smokers per capita than in the USA.. and its decriminalized in the Netherlands with pot shops, in other words it's almost legal....

Colorado Teens Smoking Less Pot After Legalization - CannabisFN

Old 10-08-2014, 05:08 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:
actually telling people, especially teens not to do something makes them want to do it more..

in the Netherlands their is like 40 to 50 percent less pot smokers per capita than in the USA.. and its decriminalized in the Netherlands with pot shops, in other words it's almost legal....

Quote:
John Hickenlooper admonishes the 55% of his electorate that approved it
Colorado Governor: Marijuana Legalization a 'Reckless' Decision

Of course he is up for re-election....

Old 10-08-2014, 05:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post

Just like alcohol. I hope you don't participate in the evil liquid.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:

I support legalization but I'm ashamed that anyone would think people are really this stupid. No teen in Colorado ever said, "Damn, it's legal now, I'm going to quit".

Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,952,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have an idea, don't want to smoke cannabis or tobacco, don't. Don't want to drink alcohol, don't. Don't want to eat fatty foods, don't. Life is full of choices, but one of them is not that you get to tell others what choices they have.
Kind of like having people pay for their own mistakes? What a novel idea!

I grew up in California in the 60's and 70's and over the years I've known a small number of people who destroyed their brains on drugs and I am fine with that as long as I am not made to pay for their stupidity in the form of free housing, food, rehabilitation or mental health care.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:34 AM

29,561 posts, read 19,670,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Don't smoke then. Although, smoking tobacco is currently legal and pot smokers were actually found to have higher lung capacity levels than non-smokers, albeit marginal.

Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage | TIME.com
Apples and oranges..... People who smoke tobacco smoke may use it 10-40 times a day (half a pack to as much as 2 packs).That study says that "high users" 20 times per month show no increase in lung capacity. Let's see what happens to a pot smokers lungs who smoke 10-40 joints a day.

Btw, I used to smoke weed back in the days. I would get bronchitis all the time, so I switched to baking it.

Now I don't use marijuana at all, but I still support legalization. However one has to be high if they think that using marijuana comes with no risks

Marijuana Study: Long-Term Use 'Causes Cancer and Schizophrenia

Old 10-08-2014, 05:56 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,198,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Lung Cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in men and women in the US.
Lung Cancer is the leading cause of cancer death for Caucasians since 5,000 BCE.

What about it?

Is there a reason you have

Suppressed Evidence
Intentionally failing to use information suspected of being relevant and significant is committing the fallacy of suppressed evidence. This fallacy usually occurs when the information counts against one’s own conclusion. Perhaps the arguer is not mentioning that experts have recently objected to one of his premises.

You're going to ignore Sumerian medical texts written 7,000 years ago?

Akkadian texts? Egyptian? Greek? Latin? Medical texts describing lung cancer written by Jews in Muslim Spain? Jews in Persia? By Persians in Persia?

Latin medical texts written in the 1100s?

Medical texts in English in Britain written before Columbus sailed the ocean blue?

Any person of Caucasian descent who has had a URI --- Upper Respiratory Infection --- is at risk for Lung Cancer.

The risk is even higher for those with viral URIs -- like viral pneumonia, than it is with bacterial infections -- like bacterial pneumonia.

There have been autopsies on mummified remains found in Egypt from the Pharonic Period up through the Saitic Period and into the first two centuries of the Modern Era that prove people had Lung Cancer even then.

Note that while those individuals had Lung Cancer at the time of death, it is unknown if the Lung Cancer was the [primary] cause of death.

Medically....

Mircea

Old 10-08-2014, 06:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Kind of like having people pay for their own mistakes? What a novel idea!

I grew up in California in the 60's and 70's and over the years I've known a small number of people who destroyed their brains on drugs and I am fine with that as long as I am not made to pay for their stupidity in the form of free housing, food, rehabilitation or mental health care.
YOU are talking about hard drugs, the Topic here is pot and if you believe pot has those same effects they you do not know what you are talking about. I believe people with addictions, be they for drugs, alcohol (another drug in liquid form) or food or other substances are normally covered under ones insurance not to mention the many clinics and organizations out there and available to assist them. Your money is not needed unless you would like to be a Good Christian/Person and help those in need, then that is your choice, we know it is all about YOUR money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies