Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 11:19 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Her ace in the hole is rumored to be Julian Castro for VP, now there's a name and mug you can trust. First woman and first Hispanic, you can't beat that ticket.
So based on her gender, and his race, you think that's a ticket that can't be beat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 11:19 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Can somebody educate me as to why Conservatives are so fixated on Hillary Clinton? I see thread after thread about Clinton started by Conservatives here on C-D. These threads are never started by a liberal/progressive/Democrat. Could it be that she, above all other possible Democratic candidates, scares the pants off you guys the most, so much so that you feel the need to continually denigrate her as much as possible?

Why, yes, I believe that's it.
Can somebody educate me as to why Liberals are so fixated on Sarah Palin? I see thread after thread about Palin started by Liberals here on C-D. These threads are never started by a Conservative/Republican/T.E.A. Party. Could it be that any woman who is not a Democrat should be vilified and have rape jokes made about her?

Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Because I think personality cults are dangerous. I'm already seeing "Ready for Hillary" stickers on cars. And yes, I am absolutely terrified of her. I do not think this country can afford 8 more years of war.
Cut the pearl clutching drama. There is no "personality cult" for Hillary Clinton. She was the runner up in a very close primary in 2008. It's not unusual that she would be considered a front runner for 2016.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Like the Paulbots believing in their savior? Or maybe the Tea Party loons falling over themselves to hump Cruz's leg? Right, the cons have no personality cults
Not to the degree Democrats worship Obama and Hillary. Obama-Democrats=North Koreans and Kim Jong-il: the dems were in absolute hysterics over Obama.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Can somebody educate me as to why Liberals are so fixated on Sarah Palin? I see thread after thread about Palin started by Liberals here on C-D. These threads are never started by a Conservative/Republican/T.E.A. Party. Could it be that any woman who is not a Democrat should be vilified and have rape jokes made about her?

Nah, Palin is just great entertainment. And everyone could use a good laugh now and then.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Cut the pearl clutching drama. There is no "personality cult" for Hillary Clinton. She was the runner up in a very close primary in 2008. It's not unusual that she would be considered a front runner for 2016.
It's all a personality cult with the Democrats. I mean, we're talking about one of the most hawkish, neo-conservative, corporatist politicians today, and Democrats are eating out of her hand.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:22 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
So based on her gender, and his race, you think that's a ticket that can't be beat?
The dems ran Obama on his race and won. I think the Democrats will use something of little value and substance like race and gender as their momentum to win again. I believe it's all they have. Since people can't recognize substance anymore, there is a good chance it will work.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:25 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
The dems ran Obama on his race and won. I think the Democrats will use something of little value and substance like race and gender as their momentum to win again. I believe it's all they have. Since people can't recognize substance anymore, there is a good chance it will work.
Absolutely. If I am betting it today, I take Hillary as Dem candidate and I bet her to lose to whoever the GOP throws against her. And I'll take 53-47 as my over/under.

Again, just like he did in 2008, Barack Obama will be keeping Hillary out of the White House, only instead of his popularity doing it in 2008, it will be his unpopularity that does it in 2016.

She'll be used as a parlor trick because she believes in her own inevitability just like McCain did in 2008 because of 2000's primaries. In 2008, the nation would have voted for anyone running vs the Republicans, but she couldn't match Obama's total absence of substance that allowed voters to imprint their hopes onto him. They wanted the candidate that reminded them of Republicans as they could get, and nothing tops the black guy from Chicago for being "not like the GOP." In 2016, a plurality will simply want the farthest thing from Obama and business as usual they can get, and that will be anyone the Republicans toss up not named McCain or Romney.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
It's all a personality cult with the Democrats. I mean, we're talking about one of the most hawkish, neo-conservative, corporatist politicians today, and Democrats are eating out of her hand.
LOL. You have just described just about every potential right wing candidate out there.

And if you had been paying closer attention you would know that there are a lot of Democrats who aren't enamored by Hillary. You really need to get out of the right wing echo chamber more often.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:28 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You are getting the cart before the horse IMO.

Hillary is just one more young, inexperienced, charismatic face away from being yet again the runner up in the DNC primaries.

I do agree with you though that H's track record looks downright Republican....not that the loyalists can see it though. She'll go out on the campaign trail and talk about helping workers (NAFTA supporter) and whatever other populist tripe she can serve up like "taking those big oil profits"...and how foreign policy shouldn't be bombing bwah hah hah hah.

If she wins it will be more of Bush 2.0 and Bush 3.0 (aka Obama).
"young, charismatic" You must be watching another channel then I do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies