Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I refer to a post I made in another libertarian thread. Perhaps the Democrat insult wasn't as bad as comments made by the Republican and it was the lesser of two evils... I agree a stupid comment but let's remember when your choices are a "giant douche" or a "turd sandwich" it still be the best option to vote for the Democrat who made that comment if you are a mother or a father hearing a Republican say a rape victim's reproductive system can shut down to prevent getting pregnant.
You seem to believe one stupid statement represents an entire group of people whether they said it not. It's odd you would think this. Edwards making this stupid admission means no one should have voted for the (D) candidate every?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You seem to believe one stupid statement represents an entire group of people whether they said it not. It's odd you would think this. Edwards making this stupid admission means no one should have voted for the (D) candidate every?
The issue is rather that those cases are done by both parties with about an even split. Republicans have sent pictures of themselves and so have Democrats. Republicans have had mistresses so have Democrats. The difference here is with the "rape comments" is that several Republicans share that logic. One (Rep. Trent Franks) comes from the next district to the east of me and there's a sign promoting him with babies and I make the joke "Is that the babies that happen from the rapes that he (Franks) don't believe can pro-create them." And before you say "Oh that's a liberal comment you RINO," my father is a conservative Republican and has voted Republican as far back as I can remember that praises the death sentence and he thinks the rape comments (as well with the stupidity of politicians period) is utterly stupid.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What you are seeing unfold is what was seen right before the civil war popped off.

Two different political parties with opposite ideology.
The days of Democrat v. Republican and Republican v. Democrat are coming to an end.

It is now a full on war of Progressive v. Conservative and Conservative v. Progressive.

The Conservatives are set on taking the Republican party for their own, culling the big government progressives.

As seen up to the mid-terms, the Progressives are having to take a more Conservative stance, or get tossed in the General. Obama is TOXIC once again, according to Axelrod.
I've seen the parallels to both the 1960's and 1850's into 1860. I've made comments about the TEA Party conservatives being both the south and Goldwater Conservatives in different past posts. I think it is possible for another secession but I wouldn't exactly be for it. It just means to use another thing from South Park it's conservatives channeling their inner Eric Cartman and saying "********* guys, I'm going home," rather than deal with the problems in a substantive way.

Obama is toxic only because of obstruction as well as issues that are a problem in that state. For instance, Obamacare is not talked about by Democrats in Arizona but how Democrats in Arizona congressional districts are working towards getting the VA situation set right is. (Remember, Arizona has one of the worst cases of the VA scandal.)

Old 10-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The issue is rather that those cases are done by both parties with about an even split. Republicans have sent pictures of themselves and so have Democrats. Republicans have had mistresses so have Democrats. The difference here is with the "rape comments" is that several Republicans share that logic. One (Rep. Trent Franks) comes from the next district to the east of me and there's a sign promoting him with babies and I make the joke "Is that the babies that happen from the rapes that he (Franks) don't believe can pro-create them." And before you say "Oh that's a liberal comment you RINO," my father is a conservative Republican and has voted Republican as far back as I can remember that praises the death sentence and he thinks the rape comments (as well with the stupidity of politicians period) is utterly stupid.
It's sad that your dad doesn't value life more than he does. Obviously that must hold true for you also.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
"Rand Paul and even his father Ron before him"

The Republican party was the original Libertarian party. It is they who have strayed from the original intent of small government, less regulation, and adhering to the Constitution.

Quote:
I can only generalize. Libertarians have no desire to help the Republican party. They may have support for things that overlap with the "Tea Party" and it seems to me that the links are mostly warnings to make sure they don't fall for the lies out of the status quo Republicans.
TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already. THAT is what the TEA people stand for, and everything else is just diluting it. Libertarians want the government to get the hell out of the way and do what they are supposed to do.

The forefathers wouldn't recognize the monster the Federal Government has become.

Get rid of the FED and everything will fix itself. They (the FED) are the cause of every problem we have, wanting us to believe they are the cure for every problem they create.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 10-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Default Off-topic

Quote:
It's sad that your dad doesn't value life more than he does. Obviously that must hold true for you also.
The way I see it is imagine you are the family of say the Boston Bombing victims that died, IF the murderer is found guilty, wouldn't you want the ultimate punishment? The only time I rather not is if the murderer wants to die, then they get life.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
The way I see it is imagine you are the family of say the Boston Bombing victims that died, IF the murderer is found guilty, wouldn't you want the ultimate punishment? The only time I rather not is if the murderer wants to die, then they get life.
This said in cases like Jodi Arias, I am a realist and know that there are people who can't find her guilty enough to get the death penalty because in this case she is a woman and women don't have it in them to kill without being physically forced...

Old 10-08-2014, 11:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Obama is toxic only because of obstruction as well as issues that are a problem in that state. For instance, Obamacare is not talked about by Democrats in Arizona but how Democrats in Arizona congressional districts are working towards getting the VA situation set right is. (Remember, Arizona has one of the worst cases of the VA scandal.)

Even David Axelrod, called him TOXIC.
Looks like the people in the smaller districts, put the breaks on Obama, Reid & Pelosi's self destruct plan, in 2010 and reenforced in in 2012 and are looking to reenforce that even more in a month.

The VA is not a State run agency. Much to your dismay, it is totally the Federal Government.
Your not saying the federal government is targeting the people of a conservative run state, are you?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Even David Axelrod, called him TOXIC.
Looks like the people in the smaller districts, put the breaks on Obama, Reid & Pelosi's self destruct plan, in 2010 and reenforced in in 2012 and are looking to reenforce that even more in a month.

The VA is not a State run agency. Much to your dismay, it is totally the Federal Government.
Your not saying the federal government is targeting the people of a conservative run state, are you?
Which is why they would be in US House races IN Arizona. Where did I say they were state races?

Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I do not support the death penalty period, but I guess this helps make your point in a way. At least I bothered to tie things together though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies