Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 06:22 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If he hadn't been carrying a gun he would probably have left when the gunman gave him the option. Any competent CWP instructor will begin by telling the students that if there is an exit available from a hot situation, that is always the option that should be taken. The use of deadly force is always the measure of last resort.

Since he was carrying, he decided to be a hero. His own stupidity cost him his life. There are a lot more people walking around with sidearms right now who are itching for the opportunity to play James Bond or Wyatt Earp. I really hope they don't get a chance to show the world how stupid they can be as well.
I like to drink those barley sodas also...but WHAT IN THE HELL are you talking about?

Who lost their life?

Who was the hero?

What option in what situation should always be taken?

When did the gunman give an option to leave?

The only thing, in your posting, that is coherent to this thread is: "Any competent CWP instructor will begin by telling the students that if there is an exit available from a hot situation, that is always the option that should be taken. The use of deadly force is always the measure of last resort."

That's it...nothing else...

: smack:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Goal.....................post

If it's not changed, they cannot defend.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:51 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
What is the difference between Open Carry gun nuts roaming around in supermarkets and the Taliban?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:20 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Guy View Post
The Taliban are terrorists and their sole objective is to inflict harm on the land of the free and home of the brave. The brave just carry and smoke their stupid asses!........Legally!
Awesome - instead of open carry gun nuts plotting to take down their own government (America), lets ship all of them to Afghanistan and Iraq to fight the Taliban and ISIS - that will show 'em !

Old 10-10-2014, 04:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Awesome - instead of open carry gun nuts plotting to take down their own government (America), lets ship all of them to Afghanistan and Iraq to fight the Taliban and ISIS - that will show 'em !
The only nuts are those who think individuals who are for open carry want to take down the government.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:
What is the difference between Open Carry gun nuts roaming around in supermarkets and the Taliban?

Great, more "rational" thinking/discussion from an anti gunner....you must be proud of yourself....

Old 10-10-2014, 06:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bound to happen. I would sure hate to have that story told about me until the end of time!

He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint:
This is one big reason I don't open carry, I want the element of surprise on my side.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
This is one big reason I don't open carry, I want the element of surprise on my side.
A thoroughly sensible and cognitive reasoning process that does not make you a target by drawing attention to yourself in an immature "look at me everybody" infantile manner.

It's there if you need it, but it's not on display making you the target of either undesired curiosity or threat.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:56 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
I feel that open carry would be appropriate in a setting like the woods or any area away from civilization. That's the only time I'd feel ok on open-carrying. CC imo is always the way to go.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:04 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've said before, they are not going to come walking up waving a gun and give you time to pull your own. I would imagine this happens more often than you'd think and the victims are too embarrassed to report it.
First, if your gun is stolen, you are going to report it. If you don't report it and it gets used in a crime, you'll be the first suspect. I would say guns aren't reported stolen almost never. You would have to be a complete moron not to report it stolen. Especially since any time a gun is found, the serial numbers are run through the system(and whoever stole it is likely to get busted at some point in time, since they are criminals). Thus, if you don't report your gun stolen, it is much more difficult to get it back.

I know someone whose gun was stolen and he got it back like five years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Another gun now in the wrong hands. More guns do not mean you are safer. The good news is that he didnt pull the weapon and start firing, who knows how many may have died.
Look, I could make a gun with some sheet metal in my garage. This notion that gun laws make us safer is completely nonsensical. Almost all of the countries with the highest murder rates don't allow anyone but the cops to own guns.

Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you | UK news | The Guardian

The idea that America would suddenly have fewer murders if we banned guns, doesn't really stand up to logic. I don't understand why so many intelligent people can believe in something so illogical.

It is a "feel-good" law which doesn't benefit regular citizens. It benefits the government, who would much rather a disarmed citizenry. Wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies