Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 02:03 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,692,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I have not ready any responses to the original post up to this point.

One's political ideology does not make more or less intelligent. One can be very liberal with low intelligence, and another can be very conservative with high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
No this is wrong , and it is just a bias ideals which is measured by bias tests , people are intelligent both a liberal and conservative and just as unintelligent on both liberal and Conservative ...people have preferences based on customs and learning and is nothing based on intelligence
Of course. This is a foundation for bigotry being laid. I'm certainly glad that my friends/family who reside on the liberal side of the fence are not so narrow minded. Remember: This is just a message board with an anonymous, like-minded minority gathered together to figure out a way to look on others. If my children behaved this way I would cry myself to sleep every night.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,001,717 times
Most college degree holders are liberals though conservatives are beginning to get educated as well. However, most conservatives do not hold degrees or if they did, focused on business degrees rather than liberal arts.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:24 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,988,204 times
Why are liberals more intelligent than conservatives?

Because when liberals are young, their parents teach them ignorance equates to intelligence.

It is that simple.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,125,198 times
its a chicken and egg thing, are liberals smarter or is education run and controlled by liberals and conservatives would have no interest in working/studying in that environment. also you can make stats show anything. just as we have rednecks and hicks who make conservatism look bad look at all the ghetto trash and potheads and idiots who are liberals. The OP clearly has a motive behind this post by posting those photos of the most ignorant conservatives, I could show you a lot of stupid liberal signs too.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 24,001,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
its a chicken and egg thing, are liberals smarter or is education run and controlled by liberals and conservatives would have no interest in working/studying in that environment. also you can make stats show anything. just as we have rednecks and hicks who make conservatism look bad look at all the ghetto trash and potheads and idiots who are liberals. The OP clearly has a motive behind this post by posting those photos of the most ignorant conservatives, I could show you a lot of stupid liberal signs too.
Yeah just like the rhetoric that if you don't like Obama you're racist. I don't like Obama and didn't vote for him twice but it wasn't on race, I just couldn't trust the guy based on policy standpoints. I also can't be racist because I date black/African-American women, why would I be racist against a background that I date? My main ex didn't like Obama and she is black. Surely that means she is racist against herself when she took Black Studies as a major at one point.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:25 PM

272 posts, read 381,808 times
What's with the bashing? It's getting old.
Conservatives bashing Liberals= entertaining!!
Liberals bashing Conservatives is= entertaining!!

95% of the time, the Liberals and Conservatives bashing each other are not politicians. They are usually your local Jack or Jill that can't realize that their "enemy" party is American just like them.

Understand that Democrats and Republicans are now the same party. As crazy as it may seem it's the truth. WHEN was the last time we had a PERFECT president? When was the last time we had a PERFECT Congress or PERFECT Economy? NEVER. Your online attacks on each other...Democrat..Republican, is just a waste of breathe..my fellow Americans.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:56 PM

23 posts, read 32,859 times
This quote always comes to mind in discussions such as this one:

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."--
John Stuart Mill 1806-1873

Old 10-13-2014, 04:01 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,427,755 times
As true as your comments may be Rahlee boy, The question has more to do with educational levels and not so much with pure political motivation.

Educational attainment and a political ideology. I would like to see the numbers as to why someone would think a liberal is more inteligent than a Conservative.

Maybe what it has to do with is what we think we should be educated in. What are we defining education as? For me it is a process that teaches us how to think. It is a process that teaches us how to do. It is a tool that allows us the opportunity to think for ourselves. When I was growing up we were told that one of the best educations could be had from a complete study of the greatest minds of the Western World. The fact is if you include the Bible in your home library and add to the Bible with the same selections that make up Britanicas Great Books of the Western World Series the average person could have one of the best educations on the planet.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:19 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
There is an indisputable correlation between higher levels of intelligence and liberal attitudes, but this correlation has yet to be explained:

http://www.asanet.org/images/journal...SPQFeature.pdf

Some potential explanations:

-Liberalism is a 'novelty' in human evolution and intelligent people tend to be drawn to novelty (not socially defined novelty, evolutionary novelty).
-less intelligent people tend to conform to tradition, because they have been instructed not to trust their own intelligence.
-their higher intelligence explains why liberals tend to control practically ALL of the institutions with a few exceptions-- notably the world of business.
-extreme conservatism is shown to be positively correlated with the lowest IQs.
-Religiosity has a very high correlation with a low IQ.

Ummm....seriously?! You want people to believe that ideology is directly related to intelligence? But, only TWO ideologies exist that this theory relates to, and that covers the gamut of humanity? There is also a small problem with what is considered to be "intelligence". Personally, I know a large number of people who hold high degrees in education, but are as mentally inert as a box of rocks, and twice as useless.

The reason hour question posed here has yet to be answered is simple. The postulation behind it cannot be supported by anything but conjecture and blatantly biased thought process that assumes the theory as fact. Is that what you label as "intelligence"? A total lack of objective thought constitutes a high IQ? If one ideology is locked in dogma, tradition and thought conditioning, as you claim, then what is the other ones advantage? Since that line of thinking is also the result of conditioning and dogma, how does it stand so much higher in the "intelligence" department? What an amazingly large load of absolute rubbish.

The self grandeurizing displayed here quite sets me aback. Based , purely on a political viewpoint, and a few pictures of extreme viewpoints, which represents a tiny percentage of the population, you claim intellectual high ground for leftist thinking. THAT is just jaw droppingly arrogant...and foolhardy. My recommendation is you seek processional help, if you insist upon living in this fantasy realm. I also recommend reading a book called "I never promised you a Rose Garden".

Old 10-13-2014, 05:48 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,613,229 times
i dont think so.
liberals see people that have made it as "lucky" and or members of a privileged class.
conservatives see people that have made it as people that have worked and met their obligations.
i just dont think that liberals see skills and hard work and ethics as any part of success.
that cant be intelligence.
signed a former poor person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies