Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 10:04 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I simply dont care because I have no class envy.
Some people's lives revolve around envy and jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 10:05 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You believe that corporations should pay people with essentially no marketable skills or motivation to gain those skills the same wage as people who have gained those skills?
You inferred that all on your own-who knew you knew the skills and even personal motivation of everyone in the workforce?

Wells Fargo has temp jobs at less than $13 an hour with no benefits or stability that require college degrees. Most large financial institutions do.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
We shouldnt have bailed them out. if you want employees to be paid more, then you need to stop encouraging the passing of federal policies which entice businesses to leave the country. more competition for labor = higher wages and better work conditions, not legislation.
That's wonderful....but we did. And your rule book goes completely out of the window as soon as that happened.

It's almost like you want our country to fail and for Americans to become poorer and poorer just to prove a point...

These pirate corporations owe us their relevance today.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You inferred that all on your own-who knew you knew the skills and even personal motivation of everyone in the workforce?
no, that would be anyone who believes others should be paid more, when they themself dont believe that to be true.

Why do YOU think you should set their wage for them?
Quote:
Wells Fargo has temp jobs at less than $13 an hour with no benefits or stability that require college degrees. Most large financial institutions do.
So?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
That's wonderful....but we did. And your rule book goes completely out of the window as soon as that happened.
yes we bailed them out, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion.
Quote:
It's almost like you want our country to fail and for Americans to become poorer and poorer just to prove a point...

These pirate corporations owe us their relevance today.
bull crap.. Thats those left wing kooks out there who think that they are in a better position to determine someone elses pay then that other person themself.

I welcome an environment where we have so many dam jobs, that employers have to pay more in order to entice people to work for them, while you guys welcome an environment where we push companies overseas leaving nothing but fast food workers here, well paying at that, while the rest of the nation lives on welfare because there arent jobs available for them.

I welcome jobs where handicapped individuals can contribute to society, even if its at a lower pay, where left wing kooks think they aren too stupid to work because they set a wage at a rate that its to the employers advantage to NOT hire them because they arent "qualified" enough.

Lefties HATE the poor, they hate the handicapped, the old etc.. Your policies destroy these people daily and your solution to this, give them welfare...

yeah, thats great...

Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
yes we bailed them out, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion.

bull crap.. Thats those left wing kooks out there who think that they are in a better position to determine someone elses pay then that other person themself.

I welcome an environment where we have so many dam jobs, that employers have to pay more in order to entice people to work for them, while you guys welcome an environment where we push companies overseas leaving nothing but fast food workers here, well paying at that, while the rest of the nation lives on welfare because there arent jobs available for them.

I welcome jobs where handicapped individuals can contribute to society, even if its at a lower pay, where left wing kooks think they aren too stupid to work because they set a wage at a rate that its to the employers advantage to NOT hire them because they arent "qualified" enough.

Lefties HATE the poor, they hate the handicapped, the old etc.. Your policies destroy these people daily and your solution to this, give them welfare...

yeah, thats great...

The bailouts and quantitative easing have EVERYTHING to do with the conversation. Having an economy that is dictated by the stock market will leave us with only fast food workers and our country in ruins-because the largest corporations do not have allegience to any nation-leeching off one government to the next bouncing around for the lowest tax rate and cheapest wage slaves-that is what globalization is-it has nothing to do with our corporate tax rate. Even if we lowered ours to a bare minimum another country would lower it to entice the pirate corporations. It is a viscious cycle that is making Governments around the World obsolete and hollow.

Of the 100 largest economies in the World today there are more nationless corporations than ENTIRE NATIONS-Governments everywhere are becoming obsolete because so many have bought into the lies and propaganda created that has led to us bending over backwards for these pirate corporations and even letting them write our legislation.

Sears announces 5,000 layoffs in The US and their stock price rises. Ebola is now a threat to spread in The US-so "ebola stocks" are the hot ticket item. SMH-wake up.

You are either WITH our country or AGAINST it. I already know where you stand, whether you are aware of the consequences for your opinions or not.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:

Are you seriously claiming that $13 an hour is not a livable wage?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are you seriously claiming that $13 an hour is not a livable wage?
For a job that requires a College Degree-absolutely.

I worked at Prudential Financial when I first graduated College in 2009 and was paid $13 an hour-everyone was and there were hoards of us "recent" grads. I was not able to purchase my home and grow my wealth (really become integrated into the economy) until I got a much better job. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and "the temps" were there for years and years. I would say most Millenials are in the same boat considering that over 9/10 express desire to own a home yet the rates of such have plummetted.

The Cheapest Generation - Derek Thompson and Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 10-27-2014 at 10:40 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 10:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:

key word...temp jobs

Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
key word...temp jobs
Yes, "temp" jobs are all the rage for these pirate corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies