Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Ex-official may be charged with stealing gun-measure yard signs | Local News | The Seattle Times

There are two competing ballot measures in Washington state this Nov, one pro-gun-rights, and one anti-gun-rights. A former Bellevue, WA city council member, Margot Blacker, age 74, was caught by Bellevue police stealing a yard sign promoting the pro-gun-rights measure. Someone saw her take the sign, took down her license plate number, and called police. Police investigated, and she admitted to having taken some signs. She said that it was in retaliation for thefts of signs promoting the gun control measure that is also on the ballot.

Now the case goes to the Bellevue city attorney, who will decide whether to charge her. The pro-gun control campaign has raised $9.4 million, mostly 6 and 7 figure donations from local billionaires including Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer (all of Microsoft) and Nick Hanauer of Amazon.

In 1997 Margot Blacker was once termed "Bellevue's last liberal." The area used to be pretty conservative. Staunch conservative Jennifer Dunn (R,WA) was the long time US House member here. Sadly, that's no longer really the case.

I-591 backers to press charges in apparent campaign yard sign theft - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 08:21 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
I think it would be hilarious if BOTH of those measures PASS!
My son, who live on the Olympic Peninsula, tells me that 591 nullifies 594.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:43 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
I don't think anyone knows what would happen if both pass, which could happen. I don't think it's quite correct to say that 591 nullifies 594, because by the same token then 594 would nullify 591. I suppose it would be litigated, perhaps put on hold, and then after 2 years the state legislature could decide how to resolve it. After 2 years, the state legislature can modify any initiative.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Oooh, another initiative!

I'm sure that will really get the gang members selling drugs that are inolved in 75% of gun murders to reconsider their actions. lol.

Yay! More laws aimed at a problem caused by people that already commit felonies on a daily basis.

They've really cut into the murder rate in KC this year. You know how? They've been targeting gangs, enforcing existing laws and so forth. But hey, that takes energy and money....it's cheaper and more politicially expedient to just pass laws and blame the legal gun owners.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:48 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Ex-official may be charged with stealing gun-measure yard signs | Local News | The Seattle Times

There are two competing ballot measures in Washington state this Nov, one pro-gun-rights, and one anti-gun-rights. A former Bellevue, WA city council member, Margot Blacker, age 74, was caught by Bellevue police stealing a yard sign promoting the pro-gun-rights measure. Someone saw her take the sign, took down her license plate number, and called police. Police investigated, and she admitted to having taken some signs. She said that it was in retaliation for thefts of signs promoting the gun control measure that is also on the ballot.

Now the case goes to the Bellevue city attorney, who will decide whether to charge her. The pro-gun control campaign has raised $9.4 million, mostly 6 and 7 figure donations from local billionaires including Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer (all of Microsoft) and Nick Hanauer of Amazon.

In 1997 Margot Blacker was once termed "Bellevue's last liberal." The area used to be pretty conservative. Staunch conservative Jennifer Dunn (R,WA) was the long time US House member here. Sadly, that's no longer really the case.

I-591 backers to press charges in apparent campaign yard sign theft - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I truly believe that anyone that wants to have gun control then that is fine by me. but these millionaires and billionaires that want gun control should pony up to the plate and get rid of ALL their private security that they provide for themselves too.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:52 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Pistol whip her...irony can be funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies