Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:15 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I thought Hillary was a far superior choice than Obama in 2008, now I am not so sure:

Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'

I'm in business, and I most certainly created a job this week. I did not have to, it was optional, I could have done it or not. But the Dem party has slipped so far leftward that there is not a speck of understanding of business or prosperity left in it.

Small wonder we have the cruddiest economic recovery in sixty years, and small hope of improvement under President Hillary.

ANYONE would be better.
Here is the problem as I see it.

Neither Bill or Hillary ever held a private enterprise job much less actually managed one.

Obama has never held a private enterprise job and to top that off Obama has never worked an honest days labor in his entire life.

Every last person these "I never held a job in my entire life" idiots have surrounded themselves with have been blood sucking parasites their entire lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 04:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Neither party have ever discussed changing the corporate tax law.

Dems had the House, Senate and Oval Office for 2 years and did NOTHING.
Obama didn't end those Bush cuts like he promised. Obama is not Republican.

None of them will touch the corporate tax code because this is the very group that pays for their campaigns and gives them jobs when they leave office.

You're fools to think otherwise.
The problem is not the corporate tax law, its large corporations sheltering money from taxes. On the books large corporations have a 35% federal tax rate, but after their attorneys hide money from taxes, their average effective tax rate is 12.6%.
GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

And many of America's largest corporations have 0% federal tax rates.
Over 10 Percent Of America's Largest Companies Pay Zero Percent Tax Rates

Then these corporations get republicans to do them favors like GW Bush did. Like Bush handing billions of dollars to oil corporations, or Bush giving corporate America $1.2 trillion dollars in federal subsidies.
Big Oil's Influence in Washington . NOW | PBS
RealClearMarkets - Do Crony Handouts Have a Stranglehold On the GOP?

Mitt Romney tried to hand corporations $6.6 trillion dollars, and Rand Paul is waiting to do it too.
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor

And while these corporations are dodging taxes and getting handouts from republicans, small and medium sized businesses are getting taxed out the a-- (because they don't have teams of attorneys helping them hide money from taxes, and they don't have republicans giving them handouts.)

Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The problem is not the corporate tax law, its large corporations sheltering money from taxes. On the books large corporations have a 35% federal tax rate, but after their attorneys hide money from taxes, their average effective tax rate is 12.6%.
GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

And many of America's largest corporations have 0% federal tax rates.
Over 10 Percent Of America's Largest Companies Pay Zero Percent Tax Rates

Then these corporations get republicans to do them favors like GW Bush did. Like Bush handing billions of dollars to oil corporations, or Bush giving corporate America $1.2 trillion dollars in federal subsidies.

Mitt Romney tried to hand corporations $6.6 trillion dollars, and Rand Paul is waiting to do it too.
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
Rand Paul's fix for Detroit: lower taxes for the rich, more pollution & lower wages for the poor

And while these corporations are dodging taxes and getting handouts from republicans, small and medium sized businesses are getting taxed out the a-- (because they don't have teams of attorneys helping them hide money from taxes, and they don't have republicans giving them handouts.)

Well I hope you succeed in getting your fair share of money from these corporations.
It goes into the government coffers to be spent how they like.

And slowly companies will relocate physically to other countries and not have to deal with "paying their fair share" on income not earned in the US.

Just promote communism already. Have the USG nationalize all business and then "the people" can dictate those fair wages and fair taxes.

Expatriation may come sooner than you think.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...981_story.html

Old 10-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Here is the problem as I see it.

Neither Bill or Hillary ever held a private enterprise job much less actually managed one.

Obama has never held a private enterprise job and to top that off Obama has never worked an honest days labor in his entire life.

Every last person these "I never held a job in my entire life" idiots have surrounded themselves with have been blood sucking parasites their entire lives.
Government is about making laws. Who is better qualified to make laws, an attorney or a businessman?

Bill Clinton is a attorney and he taught law at the University of Arkansas. And Hilary Clinton is an attorney.
American President: Bill Clinton: Life Before the Presidency

Barrack Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But GW Bush is a CEO with experience in business, and what did he do? He handed large corporations $1.2 trillion dollars in federal subsidies.

Then he did tax cuts that brought down millionaire CEO's like Dick Cheney's federal tax rates to 6%.
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushchen05.pdf

And Dick Cheney is a CEO with experience in business, and what did he do? He handed his oil company pals billions of dollars in tax breaks.

Mitt Romney is a CEO with experience in business, and what did he want to do? Hand America's large corporations $6.6 trillion dollars in tax cuts.

Government is about law (not CEO's giving corporations tax cuts.)

Old 10-29-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Government is about making laws. Who is better qualified to make laws, an attorney or a businessman?

Government is about law (not CEO's giving corporations tax cuts.)
You keep saying that.

What was the Solyondra deal then ? Constitutional law in action perhaps ?

Presidents do not make the law.

Congress does.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
You keep saying that.

What was the Solyondra deal then ? Constitutional law in action perhaps ?

Presidents do not make the law.

Congress does.
What would you say the presidents job is?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
What would you say the presidents job is?
I went right to the WH to get the definition.
You don't need a lawyer in the Oval Office.

The Executive Branch | The White House
The power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States, who also acts as head of state and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress and, to that end, appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I went right to the WH to get the definition.
You don't need a lawyer in the Oval Office.

The power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States, who also acts as head of state and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress and, to that end, appoints the heads of the federal agencies, including the Cabinet.
"The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress."
-This would mean the president should have experience in law.

Republicans constantly say the president should have experience in business. What part of your posted definition of the presidents job calls for experience in business??

Old 10-29-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
"The President is responsible for implementing and enforcing the laws written by Congress."
-This would mean the president should have experience in law.

Republicans constantly say the president should have experience in business. What part of your posted definition of the presidents job calls for experience in business??
In my opinion a President should have leadership experience in the form of previous Governorship.
Because that is what he is..the leader.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:03 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,600,744 times
And so with Hillary Clinton was right....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies