Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:29 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times

Advertisements

1. This is in the Netherlands, McDonalds actually has higher quality food there (in my opinion at least), than here in the US, mainly less salty and that strange, oil after taste I never liked (difficult to describe, but it has been 20 years since I been to one), and they source a lot of stuff from the local area, in which the EU can have some pretty strict regs regarding food purity.

2. Food experts, come on now, we all know the BS in this. Food is an individual opinion, but like art, for some reason some people's opinion counts more than others.

3. The McDonalds food was not really being compared to anything, not say like wine tasting is. It seemed to me pretty stand alone, and depending on the time of day and how much food the taster has eaten (or do they spit it out?), could influence the taste of something to the individual.

4. Organics has nothing to do with taste, that is not even what it is about, so not really sure why the term is brought up. I do agree some organics things do taste better, I have my own long term trend on some items to know this. Also, organic is not just about the taste and lack of pesticide, etc, it is also about the lack of one thousand ingredients in something as basic as flavored oatmeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 07:55 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
You love those friends, but you also think they're being snobs, and you'd just love to troll them hard.
Why? Why should I care what others eat?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 PM

35,056 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree with this^...I do dislike food snobs quite a bit though and take everything they say with a grain of "sea salt gleaned only from the inside of whale's bladder"
I don't get this either. McD has a very distinct taste that I would never mistake for quality food. I might mistake it for other fast food, but never anything healthy.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
The reaction would have been a lot different if they would have used burgers instead of fruit and chicken nuggets. Ask someone to taste test a big mac and they will automatically know it's a McDonald's hamburger and it's nothing like a quality burger made at home or at a a decent restaurant.

Taste testing fruit is pointless.

Just because it taste like chicken doesn't mean I want to eat it. May taste good but that probably has to do with the seasoning. Their fries taste good too but that's because of all the salt. Not something I'd want to eat regularly.

McDonald's can mask a poor quality product with salt and other seasonings.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
It could be like all those miracle vitamins and potions sold; true or not. true. Regardless its your choice because of that.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
I agree with this^...I do dislike food snobs quite a bit though and take everything they say with a grain of "sea salt gleaned only from the inside of whale's bladder"
Agreed. People trash Walmart for everything. I've eaten their chocolate donuts and, they taste BETTER than the "Krispy Kreme" kind.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I don't get this either. McD has a very distinct taste that I would never mistake for quality food. I might mistake it for other fast food, but never anything healthy.
I ate a Quarter Pounder there about a year ago; it IMHO was MUCH better than the old school ones of 20 years back. Maybe because the "new" QP had to sub for the Angus hamburger which McD's dropped.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:27 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. People trash Walmart for everything. I've eaten their chocolate donuts and, they taste BETTER than the "Krispy Kreme" kind.
They do? I thought criticism of Walmart was mostly about their exploitative business practices, and the culture of their clientele.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:35 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Lmao@ your landlord..yeah,beer snobs always pissed me off too...Rolling Rock or Corona was what I always stuck with and they could drink whatever they wanted and bloviate about it
I prefer drinking a nice stout beer, or just a really dark beer, I hate drinking bud, btw if your in Arizona you may see him in the sticks

Old 10-28-2014, 11:24 AM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
They do? I thought criticism of Walmart was mostly about their exploitative business practices, and the culture of their clientele.
This is the main reason I don't go. As well as the incredibly long and slow lines at check out. Going to any other retailer for goods is much better simply due to the ease of getting in and out fairly quickly.

I'm willing to pay a little more for my burger and fries at a bar and grill rather than go to McDonald's and be bothered by all the screaming kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies