Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 04:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times

Advertisements

Interesting but my wife shared an article recently and women today claim that they are most attracted to men who take charge and handle things. Liberals slay me. The party of evolution but they continue to discount basic evolutionary biology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 04:55 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I agree but the whole "talk like a person who wants to be her friend" and such is *******s. It took one week of me asking myself WWTBD? (what would Ted Bundy Do?) before I got a date. Alas, it is not PC to say, but women are attracted to predators. Go in with the mindset of luring her to your lair for the purpose of dismembering her, and you'll get digits. Go in treating her the way women claim they wanted to be treated, and you're gonna end up with a very strong right forearm.
Yeah you definitely don't want to be the "nice guy", I agree with you there. Its not that being nice is bad, it's just that it's boring for the girl when you try to play it safe and you're afraid to express yourself or make any moves. I just remind myself that I don't have to do anything special. Be okay with whatever happens and try to have fun and mess around a little bit and tone it down a little if she seems uncomfortable. I just want us both to have a good time.

If the Ted Bundy mindset is working, keep going with it. I think it would put me in too negative of a mindset though...but that's just me. It wouldn't feel very natural and I'd probably have to force it too much. I say do what comes naturally to you.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:17 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Interesting but my wife shared an article recently and women today claim that they are most attracted to men who take charge and handle things. Liberals slay me. The party of evolution but they continue to discount basic evolutionary biology.
Right I find that funny and frustrating at the same time. Women and men are biologically different when it comes to what attracts them. Females of most species are the ones pursued by males, but people try to make this seem like its completely cultural when it comes to humans.

It makes sense biologically. Many sperm, which are pretty disposable. Fewer eggs, which need to be protected a bit more. The girl has more to lose and has to be more careful about who she gets involved with. Guys' primitive section of the brain tells them to impregnate as many attractive females as they can. Girls' primitive brain tells them to select a male who can protect or provide for her and the baby. Obviously they'll be annoyed or threatened by guys they don't find attractive, but guys have to make an attempt if they want any chance of reproducing.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:41 PM

148 posts, read 149,384 times
Quote:
I acted like a prick who didn't care, and I got more play in a week than I did in a decade of "talking to women like they're interesting people."
OH WOW BRO THAT'S AN INSANE AMOUNT OF TAIL I'M SO JEALOUS DO YOU HAVE PIX...oh, wait. I just said this earlier.
Quote:
Life isn't just about dating and sex...I wish more people in general would understand that.
Now, I literally just moved to a new city, so maybe my mindset is a bit skewed here, but I'm just trying to make friends and build relationships. You know, meet people that I actually want to hang out with later, instead of meeting them just for the sake of an awkward coital session that inevitably includes this conversation:

Me: "So, is there a good burrito place around here?"
Woman: "Focus."
Me: "Sorry!"

And it's actually working! I'm getting word on so many nice burrito restaurants without having to be naked! So again, I really don't care, and to be honest, you seem to care too much. You should go hiking or something.

Quote:
Yeah, you have a lot of time on your hands.
Uh huh. You've posted on this thread 16 times with a total of 2500 words about how the girl in the video is dressed like a total sl*t and telling everyone how much boobs you see because you treat women like crap. Meanwhile, I do two semi-drunk post-costume party posts and I'M the one with a lot of time on my hands.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:59 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Your IQ must be two or three times your shoe size. ......
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
These comments are basically the verbal equivalent of the foot massage in Pulp Fiction-- you can probably pass it off as something that don't mean s--t, but at the same time you wouldn't tell another guy to smile more, you wouldn't follow another guy down the street, you wouldn't go out of your way to say 'god bless you' to another guy, etc.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:11 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,532,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
No.
I say hi to a lot of strangers and I also smile at them, make eye contact, etc.
Moral of the story, some guys are idiots. We all have to deal with stupid stuff at some point in our lives and some of the things that were said were creepy, but do we want the government to take away our right to free speech to satisfy the makers of this video?

Old 11-01-2014, 08:31 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I think your wife is right about that. I am definitely attracted to strong male who is not afraid of taking charge. I just don't like guys who are too shy (not implying shy guys are not attractive)

What bothers me is that personal preference becomes a political issue. Plus, there are a lot of men, especially young men my age (under 30) simply don't know how to approach a woman. I say cut them some slack. Plus, I have three baby nephews, they are going to grow up to be handsome men. They will approach girls they find attractive on the street, in the bar, etc. Nothing you can do to change that.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Everything to them is "harassment" these days.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk
Some of those guys are sleazy, I admit, but COME ON, "hi" is now sexual harassment?
Not the last I knew!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies