Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 AM

389 posts, read 617,024 times

Advertisements

Enterovirus is far more widespread than reported, as the only test is through government labs. I live in a little Mexico part of the country and caught it. So did my roommate. I'm in a little better shape so only had major fatuge and fever, but he was out flat for a week with all the reported symptoms. It feels as if a cold gets behind the wheel of a truck and runs you over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 12:13 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess this supports illegal immigration.

Don't you find it strange a parent/country would be concerned that a child got a vaccine, but didn't worry about the child traveling miles alone to an unknown country for so called "freedom."
It does not support illegal immigration. it says nothing about illegal immigration at all. It does not tell us whether the foreign born people with TB were here legally or not.

The parents were misled. We just need to get the kids home.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Last I read - 8 kids have died of EV-D68 since the influx of the 65,000 "kids" from Central America this year.
Shhhhhh, let's pretend this is not happening.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:28 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
TB never left. The incidence is higher in foreign born persons, but it is highest in those of Asian backgrounds, not Central American.

The overall incidence is decreasing.

CDC | TB | Fact Sheets | Trends in Tuberculosis – United States

Vectors or Victims? Docs Slam Rumors That Migrants Carry Disease - NBC News

"World Bank statistics indicate that some of the countries that the kids are traveling from actually have higher vaccination rates than the United States. The U.S. has a 92 percent vaccination rate for measles. Mexico vaccinates 99 percent of its children; Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras all have a 93 percent vaccination rate.

In fact, many of the children and adults are carrying their vaccination cards with them, says Dr. Martin Garza, a Texas pediatrician who is caring for immigrants in McAllen, Texas. 'They are up to date in their countries,' Garza told NBC News. 'This is not the poorest of the poor kids that we are seeing. In fact, they are what might be described as middle class. They have had medical care. They have been vaccinated.' ”

" 'The illnesses are pretty much what I see on a daily basis at my regular office,' Garza said. They have common colds and other respiratory infections that kids get every day, stomach pain and constipation or diarrhea. 'Some of it might come from the fact that they haven’t had a really good meal for months and then we suddenly feed them one,' he said.

Garza said he has not seen a case of active tuberculosis. People can be infected latently, meaning they don't show symptoms, but they also will not spread TB if they are infected in that way."

If they are sick, even with a cold, the kids are not just sent on their merry way.
Did your kids get sick?

Old 11-01-2014, 12:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Last I read - 8 kids have died of EV-D68 since the influx of the 65,000 "kids" from Central America this year.
Shhhhhh, let's pretend this is not happening.
Better yet, let's try to make a dubious connection between the disease and those children refugees. Then blame the whole kit and kaboodle on Obama.

I heard that over 150 ppl have died in auto accidents since those 65,000 kids entered the country. Hmmmmm,

Old 11-01-2014, 04:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
George W Bush got thousands of Americans killed overseas and spent trillions of public money along the way to make his buddies rich. Even Right Wing Fantasy Obama isn't as evil as that.
Yeah but Bush.............................

Usual perpetual liberal whine when all other arguments fail.

News flash, Bush isn't POTUS. That well-spoken and clean idiot is and he owns his screw-ups from when he first occupied the WH to now and the next 1.5 years to come. One massive f****p after another.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:43 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The problem with this theory is that EV-D68 os known to have been in the US since 1987. It's a common virus that usually causes just cold symptoms, states that received no Central American kids have had cases of EV-D68, and the first cases were not in southern border states.

Enterovirus outbreak likely not coming from undocumented children, experts say | MLive.com

" 'The specific EV-D68 strain was first detected in 1987, said Eden Wells, Clinical Associate Professor of Epidemiology at the University of Michigan School of Public Health.

'I think that this really sort of argues against the fact that this is a new virus introduced by anybody,' Wells said.

Dr. Matthew Davis, the state’s Chief Medical Executive with the Michigan Department of Community Health, said that 'While it’s theoretically possible that someone from any part of the world can bring an infection to another part of the world, it seems unlikely that children from Central America have brought this particular enterovirus strain into the United States.' ”

In addition, the strains invoved are being monitored:

Enterovirus D68 infections in North America

"Sequence analysis of the EV-D68 viral genomes indicate that 3 different strains are involved in the US outbreak. These viruses are related to EV-D68 strains that have previously circulated in the US, Europe, and Asia."

These children were screened for illness before being sent to where they are now and not allowed to travel if they were sick. Why have we seen no headlines "Immigrant child hospitalized with EV-D68"?

I, too disagree with Obama's immigration policy. The Dream Act predictably encouraged more illegal immigration. These children need to be sent back home, and much as I deplore family violence and the violence generated by the illegal drug trade, we cannot accept those as reasons to offer asylum. There are just too many people involved and the US cannot take them all.

Blaming EV-D68 on immigration when there is no scientific basis for it does not help immigration reform.
Actually there is and your just flat out wrong. It's been here longer than the number your pushing. We have never seen this many cases. To ignore the clear and present facts that kids from countries where this is active poured over the boarder illegally through the total lack of leadership by the moron in the White House who subsequently killed American children by passing on the virus is both dishonest, disingenuous and lacks any ability to reason through basic concepts and problem solving.

That is like saying Ebola has been in Africa for 40 years but it's not spread by infected individuals.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:19 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Better yet, let's try to make a dubious connection between the disease and those children refugees. Then blame the whole kit and kaboodle on Obama.

I heard that over 150 ppl have died in auto accidents since those 65,000 kids entered the country. Hmmmmm,
Yeah. Stealthy kids, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Actually there is and your just flat out wrong. It's been here longer than the number your pushing. We have never seen this many cases. To ignore the clear and present facts that kids from countries where this is active poured over the boarder illegally through the total lack of leadership by the moron in the White House who subsequently killed American children by passing on the virus is both dishonest, disingenuous and lacks any ability to reason through basic concepts and problem solving.

That is like saying Ebola has been in Africa for 40 years but it's not spread by infected individuals.
The strain has been traced to viruses already present in the US, Asia, and Europe. Nope, didn't come from Central America.

Let me fix that last sentence for you:

That is like saying EV-D68 has been in the US for 27 years but it's not spread by infected individuals.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is interesting that we haven't had any significant recent history with the virus, then right exactly when Obama starts shipping these kids all around it spreads all over our country.
What did you expect from the biggest P.O.S. to ever enter the White House ? Obozo would stoop to any
level to destroy the Nation. What amazes me is the fact that he was elected twice. That took cheating to
a whole new level.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:37 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Oooooh! Another zany post from Mr. gretsky99! Yeah, Obama is the debbil and he's coming for YOU! I happen to also know that Obama ordered the deer mice that inhabit the Four Corners to be innoculated with the Hanta virus. This is part of Obama's conspiracy to kill off the Navajo and put illegals in their place on the rez. Then there's the plague, also known as the "black death." On orders from Obama, the Colorado division of wildlife went out and infected all the squirrels that live in Colorado with this deadly disease. I'm not sure why Obama wants to kill off Coloradans, but I'm sure it's something to do to with replacing Colorado conservatives with nasty illegal children who will grow up to commit election fraud and vote Stalin into the White House. I am sooooo scared! NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies