Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 01:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's common knowledge. Anyone who has ever had auto insurance, home insurance, health insurance or life insurance knows they have to pay premiums while they are healthy. I understand there might be some people who never had insurance or any kind, but I suspect even they know how it works. There aren't many people who do not know this. The healthy pay for the sick, and that's not a secret and it's not new. It's the basics of insurance.
I dont think its ok for my premiums to go up on my auto insurance, because some other fool drinks and drives all the time. Thats why they take my driving record into account and not yours to determine my rates..

If the government determined that peoplewere entitled to have their drunk driving records subsidised by those who dont, then of course premiums would increase, but they said they would fall.

My home owners policy is determined by my house replacement value, and not yuours.

If government determined that people who didnt even have homes were to be reinbused for the homes they were renting, then of course premiums would incresae, but they said they would fall.

My life insurance premiums are dictated by my age and health situation, not YOURS..

If people on death row were entitled to life insurance at the others expenses, then clearly premiums would increase for us, but they said they would fall.

To now excuse being lied to is the typical left wing strategy..

You start by running around calling people stupid for suggesting premiums wouldnt fall, and then when they dont fall, you then call them stupid for thinking they would, despite the fact that it wasnt others who believed the crap it was stupid left wingers, and then you slowly move the goal post into, "well everyone knew", while you stand here and like on your previous posting claim you didnt..

Well thats not our fault left wingers are this ignorant.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
The healthy pay premiums and the sick get paid. This is true with or without mandates and wth or without ACA.

Did you know this?

It is not a secret.
No but what also wasnt a secret is that we were told that we would have dropping premiums even with more insured because we were going to spread the risk around and get the healthy to sign up..

Guess what, they arent expected to, and many who did, were covered under their parents policy due to the new "under 26" mandate meaning they arent paying into the policies either, but now getting benefits.

You can stand here and make excuses, move the goal post and claim we werent told what we were, but thats because we werent stupid enough to believe their talking points.

Why were you?

Old 11-16-2014, 02:15 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Either people did not know what was in the bill (GOP version), or they knew, but were too stupid to understand it (Gruber version). Pick one and run with it, because it can't be both.
What was the GOP version?

If you say the romney, you are just as uneducated as gurber says....

Yea yea yea.....your not a leftist...got it...

Old 11-16-2014, 02:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
...and the democrats deserve every bit of contempt it brings them in the next voting cycle!

Yes it should, and the democrats deserve every bit of what happens to them. This should be an insult to all of us who vote. The lack of decency in this Man, they way he refers to us Dummies. Is appaling.

Proves one thing, we cannot dispute. They want their voter base, Dumb, Stupid, Naïve, Ignorant, and Gullible. And to believe there every word. To not take this idiot serious, is an injustice to all us voters. What does that say, they really think we are all gullible naïve and stupid. Think not.

If this were the other side right now, this would be making the front page headlines. And they would be going on an on about it, 24/7 on all news stations.

This azz excuses my French, needs a good lesson from his naïve, stupid, ignorant and gullible voters, to tell him, they are not stupid nor gullible, nor naïve. That man makes me sick, to think he could really think the way he does. What this idiot said, ought to be an insult to all voters.

Because we can make a difference, to those who feel the need to want us all dumb and gullible. If this is what this party truly wants, how can one accept this.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:21 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Either people did not know what was in the bill (GOP version), or they knew, but were too stupid to understand it (Gruber version). Pick one and run with it, because it can't be both.
1st you misrepresent what Gruber said, then offer false choices based on the misrepresentation.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When Gruber says they were lying to the public, what exactly do you think he was referring to? To claim you are now suddenly ignorant is hell of an admission..
He said what he was regerring to, and I explained it in post #618. He said stupid Americans didn't know the healthy people pay premiums, which is not much of a secret, it;s common knowkedge. Did you know the healty people pay premiums? Have you ever had insurance?

Old 11-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I dont think its ok for my premiums to go up on my auto insurance, because some other fool drinks and drives all the time. Thats why they take my driving record into account and not yours to determine my rates..
Whether or not you think is ok is besides the point. The point is that gruber thought Americans didn't know healthy people pay premiums while the sick get covered by insurance. He thought it's a new thing, and a great secret, which he kept from the public. It's like saying stupid Americans don't know the sun comes up in the morning.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What was the GOP version?
Try to understand the written word

Quote:
If you say the romney, you are just as uneducated as gurber says....
What

Old 11-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
He said what he was regerring to, and I explained it in post #618. He said stupid Americans didn't know the healthy people pay premiums, which is not much of a secret, it;s common knowkedge. Did you know the healty people pay premiums? Have you ever had insurance?
So he said he lied, by telling people the truth? Really? Thats your spin now?

Old 11-16-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
No but what also wasnt a secret is that we were told that we would have dropping premiums even with more insured because we were going to spread the risk around and get the healthy to sign up..
Let's stick to what Gruber said, shall we. Why do you always deflect to something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies