Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:40 AM

7,536 posts, read 5,786,994 times

Advertisements

It's freaking unbelievable isn't it? Absolutely no clue and not a single stitch of moral or ethical fiber.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-19-2014 at 04:03 AM..

Old 11-19-2014, 04:50 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,233,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My point is that the right wingers are grasping at straws: Playing a video of Gruber repeatedly implying that what Gruber says reflects Obama's thoughts. Conflating Obama referring to Gruber as an adviser with Obama saying he does not know Gruber. etc...etc...
Quote:
Rattner led a White House auto-industry task force in 2009 — the same year that Gruber helped the administration craft what would eventually become Obamacare. “Jonathan Gruber was — back in the day, in 2009 — the guru on health care,” he told MSNBC’s Morning Joe on Tuesday. “I remember that when I was in the White House, he was certainly viewed as an important figure in helping put Obamacare together.”

“The problem is not that Gruber helped them put Obamacare together, because he was the man,” Rattner continued. “The problem is what he’s said in the last two weeks, and how the White House has handled it.”

Old 11-19-2014, 05:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
Quote:
You might want to review Post #960
Do you understand a figure of speach?
Quote:
It is your posts I am referring to.
I know very well what you are referring to, but you are responding to 5 people with the same nonsense.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Was Obama present at any of Gruber's seminars?
What difference does that make since Gruber visited the White House nearly 2 dozen times.

Are you telling us that the average Republican knew what was going on, but Obama, the smartest man in the country was too dumb to know and thus a victim just like the aveage stupid american Gruber was talking about?

Old 11-19-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
My point is that the right wingers are grasping at straws: Playing a video of Gruber repeatedly implying that what Gruber says reflects Obama's thoughts. Conflating Obama referring to Gruber as an adviser with Obama saying he does not know Gruber. etc...etc...
LIE.. Thats not at all whats being reflected.

Gruber was either a nobody, and thus now letting the secret out on how the administration pushed the biggest scam in US history passed the dumb Democrats, or Gruber was a somebody and foold the stupid Democratic members of Congress and the President into doing it..

Either scenario doesnt post a good light on the administration or the POS legistlation which you've been supporting for years, telling us "average" Republican we dont know what the hell we are talking about as our predictions come true day by day and you need to move the goal post into pretending its a success.

I'm sorry you Democrats were played for a sucker and called stupid, but maybe if you listened to commonsense rather than talking points you wouldnt be so embarassed.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
The healthy-insured's subsidy of the sick was absolutely not limited to just people who got sick while insured, and I explained it in the post you quoted.

Adverse selection. Touched on it in the previous post as well. Look it up if you don't understand the correlation.

No. He wasn't. He was tangentially involved. He was nobody during the process. Now he's the architect in the minds of people without a clue because he's getting 5 minutes of coverage. Tomorrow he'll be nobody again. It's just a media grab.

Keep waiting, I'm not going on a link hunt because anything that isn't presented to the public drawn in crayons in the last 5 minutes seems to be considered a secret.
You don't get it, do you ?

Your explanation is exactly why Obama/Gruber didn't want the new system Explicitly explained.

Before Ocare, the healthy partially supported the Already sick Indirectly, via high risk pools, taxes on insurers or hospitals that could be passed on to consumers, or general taxes. The system did not, in any state, Eliminate individual risk in setting premiums, nor did it increase rates for the healthy Directly. For instance, a long-time drug abuser with hepatitis, AIDS, collapsed veins, liver and kidney damage might be in a high risk pool Indirectly funded by other people.

That is very different than trying to politically sell a plan that tells healthy insured their premiums are going up so the addict can be in their plan, And the addict can have lower premiums.

Gruber was part of the politics. From testifying to Congress, to numerous media interviews, to grasping the importance of using the word 'penalty' instead of 'tax,' he worked for the bill's passage. Even before his work for the WH, he was an influential figure in the health care world, not some unknown self-declared expert insulting others on a message board.

If you claim the elimination of health risk rating was widely discussed and a major selling point in 2008-2009, prove it.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:59 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
ACA is pretty dam close to catastrophic for most people. Things like $6K deductibles and $300 premiums for example
A $300 premium and $6,000 deductible is a bargain for medical coverage in the US.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:09 AM

89,339 posts, read 45,082,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
A $300 premium and $6,000 deductible is a bargain for medical coverage in the US.
BS. My policy before Obamacare cancelled it had a $250/month premium, $2,500 deductible, and no lifetime cap. My policy after Obamacare has a $650/month premium, $6,000 deductible, and no lifetime cap.

The difference: Obamacare is $8,300 per year more expensive for me.

And I'm FAR from alone in being financially harmed by Obamacare.
Quote:
"Americans who says they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
The High Costs of Obamacare | RealClearPolitics

Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,968,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
BS. My policy before Obamacare cancelled it had a $250/month premium, $2,500 deductible, and no lifetime cap. My policy after Obamacare has a $650/month premium, $6,000 deductible, and no lifetime cap.

The difference: Obamacare is $8,300 per year more expensive for me.

And I'm FAR from alone in being financially harmed by Obamacare.
Well, my insurance costs for 2014-2015 has stayed the same for the first time in years. Anecdotes are anecdotal...
I'm not a fan of the ACA, but I'll take it any day over what we had beforehand.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:14 AM

89,339 posts, read 45,082,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Well, my insurance costs for 2014-2015 has stayed the same for the first time in years. Anecdotes are anecdotal...
Which is why we consider many more than just one person's experience. As such:
Quote:
"Americans who says they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies