Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 08:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
A lot of people seem to think that the emotional and psychological effect of being called a n*gger is equivalent to being called a wuss, geek, or a cracker: something you can just "get over" and blame a single drunk person for.
"Cracker" is just as bad along with "white boy" and so on if slung by a Black person against a white person unless the 2 people involved are close friends who bust on each other but, have each other's back IF things hit the fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 08:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,776,392 times
Reminds of the time I was called a ******* **** by a group of ******s while walking home from school in back in the day.

Cry me a river and get over it. Obviously this father gave his kids everything they need to be a success except a thick skin and coping skills.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 11-11-2014 at 09:00 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,722,792 times
So now its ok in the conservative world if we just toss out the N word to every black person we meet and they should just get over it?

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM

938 posts, read 1,518,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Cracker" is just as bad along with "white boy" and so on if slung by a Black person against a white person unless the 2 people involved are close friends who bust on each other but, have each other's back IF things hit the fan.
No, "cracker" is nowhere near as bad. White people don't spend their time trying to prove to the rest of society that they're not crackers. Black people have to prove to people that they're not n*ggers everyday. Whenever they step into a store, or hail a cab, or walk near White women wearing purses. Not to mention the historical baggage of the "n*gger" word: of being a worthless, uneducated Black slave.

Empathy fail.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:25 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,548,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm and independent but I think the whole story is fiction.....
I remember a story at the Huffington Post about people letting a shark die because they wanted to take a selfie with it in the background. If this really happened, I feel sorry for him and his family, but I think there's a good chance that he's making it up for fame.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,474,757 times
I don't know if I buy this story or not, who knows, could be could not be real. But all the money in the world, being raised in a elite household. Will not change Stupid, or Ignorance.

Can't change people's mind from being stupid, or crude, sure money helps in a awful lot of ways. But can't shield you from the way people think.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,312,419 times
He doesn't say the color of the guys in the car.
Using the N word, the odds are high that they are Black.
Blacks use the N word way more than whites.

So if a Black drives by and yells the N word is that discrimination ?

Old 11-11-2014, 08:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,912,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So in your book it would be acceptable to call anyone the N word if you thought affirmative actions somehow was involved at sometime in their life. How about the President and most black americans today. Would you condone conservatives calling them the N word because somehow you thought they were the recipients of affirmative action. How about in the military do you think it would be acceptable to call superior officers the N word? Just wondering.
It's your narrative now so anything goes. You suggested it, why not?

Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,776,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
So now its ok in the conservative world if we just toss out the N word to every black person we meet and they should just get over it?
Its plenty fine amoungst obummers biggest voting block. I suggest you start there with your self righteousness for the maximum impact.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
From the Washington Post.

I taught my black kids that their elite upbringing would protect them from discrimination. I was wrong. - The Washington Post

What say you, White Male Republicans who think that the worst form of racism today is affirmative action and minorities accusing Whites of racism?
Barack ? Barack Obama ? Is that you ? Sure it's you, but, why are you sounding like a Fox news anchor ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies