Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:08 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Its sad, but its not just a Texas thing, and NONE of them said that they were Republicans. If you are going to generalize Republicans as being stupid, here's a video of young Hillary supporters who can't even name her achievements and only want her to win because "First female president!"
To be fair, I'm sure that most people don't know what Hillary's "greatest achievement as secretary of state" was, so it's not just the young folks in this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 02:17 PM

46,266 posts, read 27,082,117 times
I believe the left was saying that Texas may go purple, before the elections....LOL...SO yea...it's repubs...LOL...

Old 11-13-2014, 02:26 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh you had access to the raw video and was able to determine this wasn't cherry picked results? I've seen these same type of videos done at Ivy League universities, west coast schools that want to try and 'claim' they're Ivy League of the west schools, and many, many other 'top tier' schools. So, I wouldn't act like your school is SO much better because frankly, this experiment has been done time and again to prove this is not a one place problem.

Here's one from Harvard. Just one question - an easy one. What's the capital of Canada?

Roving Reporter: Canada - YouTube
It's Ottawa. And no, I didn't have to look it up.

California doesn't have to 'claim' to have Ivy League of the west. Ivy league is small potatoes. We have the best research university in the world (and the 4th, and the 12th). Dang, I didn't see Texas Tech on the list, can you help me out?

World University Rankings 2014-2015 - Times Higher Education

Old 11-13-2014, 02:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
One only had to have watched Leno to tell its a California disease; OP;LOL.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post

California doesn't have to 'claim' to have Ivy League of the west. Ivy league is small potatoes. We have the best research university in the world (and the 4th, and the 12th). Dang, I didn't see Texas Tech on the list, can you help me out?

Oh you west coasters. So easy to rile. That whole Ivy League thing really sticks in your craw, doesn't it?

Look, I knew plenty of people at Stanford that could be complete dolts too. Same as at Harvard. Texas Tech? Doesn't even rank up there. But you tried to say this type of ignorance was a Texas specific and more importantly, Republican specific issue. No, it's an ignorance problem that's pervasive in too many segments of our population and at times, even in our best universities. Stop trying to act like you own the intellectual high ground because you're in California. You don't. But for your viewing pleasure, here's some California folks who are unable to answer basic questions.

Americans Who Don't Know the Capital of the United States!!! - YouTube

Old 11-13-2014, 02:47 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,397 times
Quote:

As a Californian, I agree that we have some excellent universities. We also have our fair share of ignorant, uninformed young people. Texas is not unique.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:20 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
As a Californian, I agree that we have some excellent universities. We also have our fair share of ignorant, uninformed young people. Texas is not unique.
Yeah and most of them come from Texas and other podunk states, hoping to make it big in Hollywood

Old 11-13-2014, 03:21 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Now how many years have us Okies been tellin' all ya'll them Texans wadn't all that smart?

Old 11-13-2014, 03:38 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Yeah and most of them come from Texas and other podunk states, hoping to make it big in Hollywood
Suuurrrrrreeee. You are full of excuses. If you look at education rankings, Texas consistently ranks higher than California. This was an easy google search and even left leaning HuffPo confirms this with Texas ranked #12 and California #39.

These Are The States With The Best And Worst School Systems, According To New Rankings

Really, if you're going to try and claim the intellectual superior position by state, you should actually do some research first. You're losing this argument - badly.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,397 times
Quote:
Really? Thats all you've got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies