Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fracking
Yes 70 57.85%
No 44 36.36%
Not sure 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:38 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You're missing the point, you wound need capacity and storage 10, 20 or 30 times what you need in that 8 hour period. Whether it's 10, 20 or 30 is dependent on how safe you feel with the length of storage capacity.
Uhh no. I understand it pretty well. Hydrogen is reasonably easily stored. And no you don't need 10, 20 or 30 days unless that is the period before you get access again. In my vicinity 3 days. And I can make a product that can be shipped to your area. And of course would. If the numbers get to be right we fill great hunks of our unending desert with solar arrays...and ship the energy back to the poor people who live where the sun does not shine regularly.

And you seem to feel their is some requirement that the electric grid goes away. Why would you think that? What we need is a better stronger grid to deal with all this...now a weaker one.

So when some area in upstate NY gets no wind or sun light for 40 days those of us in more enlightened areas ship them energy.

That is why you have a grid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 06:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
They just leased 640 acres that adjoins my property..would you be for it if you were me?..no,not for it .

Water table.
Man that sucks. I pay 5 bucks a case for bottle water and sometimes less on sale. Hope you don't have to go that route.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:39 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
as long as its the other guy scenario
yep,that's the way it works...And I REALLY hope these goobers that are all up for Keystone have to sell their property and move because it runs right through the middle of their living rooms too

Old 11-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
yep,that's the way it works...And I REALLY hope these goobers that are all up for Keystone have to sell their property and move because it runs right through the middle of their living rooms too
Just think of all the money you will save on gas as you load the household goods up for the move. I know, always a bright spot

Old 11-13-2014, 07:00 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Man that sucks. I pay 5 bucks a case for bottle water and sometimes less on sale. Hope you don't have to go that route.
So, you're against the science which has proven that fracking does not cause harm to the groundwater? The EPA even had to admit this is so. Anti-science fracking hysteria I guess.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
So, you're against the science which has proven that fracking does not cause harm to the groundwater? The EPA even had to admit this is so. Anti-science fracking hysteria I guess.
I don't live in an area where there is fracking. My ground water is not drinkable for other reasons. Please, provide me the link you are referring to that you read.

One thing makes me curious though. It takes years and years and years to complete studies which in the mean time they claim there is no proof so that is reason to let it continue and years and years and years until they say it might but we don't know or we'er not positive. But now on demand we have science that proves it's ok. And it looks 100 years into the future too.

I'm not hysterical at all unless it's with laughter. The straight jacket some people are willing to wear on their mind keeps me amused. Having seen with my own eyes what some people have gone through its hard for me to deny it never happened.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:37 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,358 times
Until it's proven that it is unsafe, frack baby frack. We should continue to monitor and find better ways to do it, gel fracking is starting to show promise, so we'll see.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Just think of all the money you will save on gas as you load the household goods up for the move. I know, always a bright spot
Lmao..naw,they'll still gouge us on gas too..there are several land owners around here already hooked up with a wonderful slimey little lawyer that rubs his hands together alot and we have had our wells tested now for a baseline..I have city water that's piped from an aquafier and goes through a treatment plant about 40 iles away,but we have three wells on our place too..we'll see how that all plays out..I might get my gas PAID for by a bunch of scumbags out of Ohio to move also been some talk about suing those who leased to them as well if our wells turn up with anything related to fracking whatsoever..we'll see how that plays out too
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I always love big mouths with nothing invested in a situation and who know EVERYTHING

Groundwater Contamination May End the Gas-Fracking Boom - Scientific American

Here's one of thousands of "scientific" articles for your perusing pleasure and to add to that massive knowledge base you have on fracking.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:46 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Lmao..naw,they'll still gouge us on gas too..there are several land owners around here already hooked up with a wonderful slimey little lawyer that rubs his hands together alot and we have had our wells tested now for a baseline..I have city water that's piped from an aquafier and goes through a treatment plant about 40 iles away,but we have three wells on our place too..we'll see how that all plays out..I might get my gas PAID for by a bunch of scumbags out of Ohio to move

I always love big mouths with nothing invested in a situation and who know EVERYTHING

Groundwater Contamination May End the Gas-Fracking Boom - Scientific American

Here's one of thousands of "scientific" articles for your perusing pleasure and to add to that massive knowledge base you have on fracking.
Did you read that article or even the original research? The guy from Duke is blaming faulty wells, not fracking.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
I don't live in an area where there is fracking. My ground water is not drinkable for other reasons. Please, provide me the link you are referring to that you read.

One thing makes me curious though. It takes years and years and years to complete studies which in the mean time they claim there is no proof so that is reason to let it continue and years and years and years until they say it might but we don't know or we'er not positive. But now on demand we have science that proves it's ok. And it looks 100 years into the future too.

I'm not hysterical at all unless it's with laughter. The straight jacket some people are willing to wear on their mind keeps me amused. Having seen with my own eyes what some people have gone through its hard for me to deny it never happened.
Already did upthread. You do realize fracking has been going on for fifty years, right?

There's any number of articles though where you could find that information, the studies done, and even how the EPA has not been able to show any evidence of groundwater contamination from fracking.

I'll repost the links to the articles for you which both talk of the study just completed on this issue.

Fracking doesn't contaminate water supplies, faulty shale gas wells do - Telegraph
Articles: The Science Is Settled: Fracking Is Safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies