Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
I don't understand how people can deny statistical proof. Economic figures (good or bad) aren't opinion, they're factual. It's really just as simple as that.
I guess when the "statistical proof" comes from the Gruberites who laugh at the "stupid voters" who believed them and from the Man who won the LIAR of the Year Award from the Washington Post -

People tend to be a LOT skeptical of the "statistical proof". The Reality for most families is that prices at the Grocery Store have gone UP a lot, prices are UP on most everything. Millions of people have dropped out of the Labor Pool, people are forced into Part Time work due to ObamaCare rules. They often have to have several Part Time jobs just to pay the rent. College Grads are living in their Parent's basement and working Part Time anywhere they can find a job.

REALITY tends to trump the "Statistical Proof" of People who have PROVED we can't TRUST them.

Turns out that some of the Stupid Voters actually woke up. Trust is Lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess when the "statistical proof" comes from the Gruberites who laugh at the "stupid voters" who believed them and from the Man who won the LIAR of the Year Award from the Washington Post -

People tend to be a LOT skeptical of the "statistical proof". The Reality for most families is that prices at the Grocery Store have gone UP a lot, prices are UP on most everything. Millions of people have dropped out of the Labor Pool, people are forced into Part Time work due to ObamaCare rules. They often have to have several Part Time jobs just to pay the rent. College Grads are living in their Parent's basement and working Part Time anywhere they can find a job.

REALITY tends to trump the "Statistical Proof" of People who have PROVED we can't TRUST them.

Special pleading
Moving the goalposts or making an exception when your claim is shown to be false

You and the rest of the stupid voters are wrong. The CPI and employment statistics correct.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
citylover - do you really believe this survey? 89.4%? That's one in 9 people saying that things are getting better. doesn't take a genius to see that can't possibly be.
Two separate survey's are showing consumer confidence is back up to pre recession levels.....

Things have and are getting better, perhaps you should stop listening to the doom and gloom of a particular group of people.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

So what EXACTLY in error with the means that these two separate survey's were done?

Of course prices have gone up.... it's called globalization and there's been a huge demand overseas. Do your handlers mention that fact? Do they tell you how global droughts and global demand affect food prices? As my articles indicate inflation is decreasing, which coincides with a global slump in demand. Sorry reality doesn't match up to the reality your partisan party has been feeding you.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:47 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
I have a more accurate statistical report that contradicts the government statistical report on inflation: My Walmart grocery bill.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:57 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
The same idiots posting the same idiocy over and over. Sort of makes one wonder about legal pot. Anyone who believes that things are getting better and that inflation is in check is seriously deluded or an obagger or both.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I have a more accurate statistical report that contradicts the government statistical report on inflation: My Walmart grocery bill.
Your Wal Mart bill is reflected in global supply and demand. Do you want our government go to exert MORE control over food production or do you want the "free market" to dictate prices?

Old 11-16-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The same idiots posting the same idiocy over and over. Sort of makes one wonder about legal pot. Anyone who believes that things are getting better and that inflation is in check is seriously deluded or an obagger or both.
And the same idiots keep responding with the same idiocy over and over.... It's okay if you have no data or any points to refute anything I've posted in this thread. You may leave the big person table now.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:11 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Anecdotal
Using a personal experience or isolated example instead of a valid argument, especially to dismiss statistics.

Old 11-16-2014, 07:11 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
according to this survey right here - responses from real people - it's more like 30%. or don't you want to deal with real statistics visible right before your very eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies