Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

So it looks like Obama is creating a plan which will allow millions of illegal aliens to remain inside the USA thus taking up the jobs the poor and lower middle class americans need.

How can you justify this as ok given you guys stand here and stomp your feet about how government is there to help this segment of society..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 01:16 PM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So it looks like Obama is creating a plan which will allow millions of illegal aliens to remain inside the USA thus taking up the jobs the poor and lower middle class americans need.

How can you justify this as ok given you guys stand here and stomp your feet about how government is there to help this segment of society..

As New Jersey Chris Christie just tweeted about this immigration issue: 'Let's wait to see what the president says tomorrow night before we have any kind of reaction to that' .

Breaking news, latest news, and current events - breakingnews.com

Old 11-19-2014, 01:17 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
"Its good to be king!"- Barack Obama

Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Not sure it will make all that much of a difference, I mean they're here already.

Its not like the Republicans have done much to solve this-I seem to recall a Republican president doing much the same earlier.

Mind you, I disagree with the decision, but suddenly saying obama and liberals, while ignoring the Republicans doing the same thing....seems kind of wrong ya know?

Old 11-19-2014, 01:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Not sure it will make all that much of a difference, I mean they're here already.

Its not like the Republicans have done much to solve this-I seem to recall a Republican president doing much the same earlier.

Mind you, I disagree with the decision, but suddenly saying obama and liberals, while ignoring the Republicans doing the same thing....seems kind of wrong ya know?
Pretty much.
If the GOP really cared, the first thing they would do is pass E-Verify along with teeth to make the crime to costly to risk. Spending billions on border security will never work as long as the bait remains.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Apparently the announcement will be to give amnesty to parents of children born in the US. I challenge you to find a GOP Congressman or Senator who wants to deport parents of US citizen children. I double dog dare you ...but expect replies will be off topic.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:31 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,753,469 times
It's amazing to watch him eat his own young for votes. Quite honestly I've never seen a group of people that dumb that are allowing him to do it.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Apparently the announcement will be to give amnesty to parents of children born in the US. I challenge you to find a GOP Congressman or Senator who wants to deport parents of US citizen children. I double dog dare you ...but expect replies will be off topic.
Dont know about senators or congressmen but *I* do. they are criminals. If I break a serious law me having children wont suddenly give me a get out of jail free card.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:34 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Apparently the announcement will be to give amnesty to parents of children born in the US. I challenge you to find a GOP Congressman or Senator who wants to deport parents of US citizen children.
The children shouldn't even be U.S. citizens. They were born owing allegiance to a foreign sovereign via their parents' countries' jus sanguinis nationality laws. The only group of people given exception to the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" requirement of the 14th Amendment is Native Americans via the Indian Citizenship Act of 1924. Prior to that, and even after the 14th Amendment, Native Americans didn't qualify for birthright U.S. citizenship because although they were born in the U.S., they were born owing allegiance to their own sovereign nations.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Lets summarize the replies so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
As New Jersey Chris Christie just tweeted about this immigration issue: 'Let's wait to see what the president says tomorrow night before we have any kind of reaction to that' .

Breaking news, latest news, and current events - breakingnews.com
Dont want to talk about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

It doesnt matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Pretty much.
If the GOP really cared, the first thing they would do is pass E-Verify along with teeth to make the crime to costly to risk. Spending billions on border security will never work as long as the bait remains.
Blame the GOP
Quote:
If you follow the law, you're mean...

not one addressing the topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies