Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey
Not according to Gallup.

Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends

Of course two years is a virtual eternity in politics and the wind may shift between now and then, but the numbers today suggest the Republican victory of 2014 was due to a political realignment and not just a poor turnout by Democrat voters

A big loss in 2010 and another in 2014 indicate a realignment. I'd say.
That doesn't transfer to Republicans winning the presidential election, if it did we would have had a Republican win in 2016.

No matter how you cut it, the electoral college isn't in the Republicans' favor. It doesn't mean they can't win, just that their chances of winning are low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 11:44 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,539 times
The republic flatlined already in 2001. With the patriot act, ndaa, civil asset forfeiture gone rampant and highly militarized people shooting citizens at an alarming rate...THIS is what you consider the end of the Republic?

Hell, the moment corporations were considered citizens it was over.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:26 PM

592 posts, read 414,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
Nonsense. President Obama has the power under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution to grant reprieves and pardons, which power is only limited to cases of impeachment. In this, the President's action was a judicious use of executive power in that amnesty was only extended on a temporary basis, and conditional pending legislative action by Congress on immigration reform. (Don't hold your breath waiting.)
But they are not citizens. The law says they have to be deported.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:02 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridreamNoT View Post
I am so fed up with this non-sense. We don't need a president like this in the USA. Such a hypocrite moron. So the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has policies and procedures which dictates sponsorships programs of certain type of relatives to be called for upon visa availability; some have to wait more than ten years. Here, our president is honoring citizenships to illegal immigrants who crossed the border which we can't protect and encouraging more and more of them coming into this "USED TO BE A BELOVED COUNTRY". God I just don't know what to say anymore...
I did not vote for the "Napoleon complex" bum either time. Everybody said I was a racist. I just did not trust the guy. He was a phony to me.

I now hope all those bleeding heart whites are happy. This is ALL YOUR FAULT.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:25 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That doesn't transfer to Republicans winning the presidential election, if it did we would have had a Republican win in 2016.

No matter how you cut it, the electoral college isn't in the Republicans' favor. It doesn't mean they can't win, just that their chances of winning are low.
You're living in the past.

In 2010 Democrats had a three point party affiliation advantage and still got their ass handed to them.

This year, the party affiliation advantage went to Republicans with the result being large gains at both the state and federal level.

This should have been expected since pre-election polls showed that young, Asian and Hispanic voters joined white women in moving away from the Democratic Party.

Of course with voters that express no party preference at an all time high, this is in no way a new love affair with Republicans, but for now, Democrats have once again pissed off everyone that gave them a second chance in 2006 and subsequent elections.

The 10-11 point advantage they enjoyed in those election is gone.

Perhaps in the next election Republicans will run a president candidate that doesn't have to explain why he or she is virtually indistinguishable from his or her Democratic opponent and retain their advantage.

Given their track record for nominating easily defeated RINOs, Democrats may still be in for a victory in 2016, but for now, it's the Republicans to lose.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:45 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Did Obama issue a pardon? No, he issued Amnesty, which is within his power as president to do. Good to see you agree with that, finally starting to see some on the right understand the abilities of the president.

Only presidential pardons and reprieves are authorized by the Constitution.

Pardons to large groups may have the effect of amnesty if those pardoned are no longer in violation of the offence for which they were pardoned but that is true only if they are no longer committing the same offence.

If I kidnap someone and receive a presidential pardon for kidnapping, I don't get to continue holding the person I kidnapped without violating the law again.

If this were not the case, a president could make kidnapping legal for anyone he pardoned and thereby making kidnapping laws passed by Congress of no effect.

Amnesty for illegal aliens requires the Congress to pass legislation that makes their continued presence no longer a violation of law.

Old 11-23-2014, 02:49 PM

275 posts, read 332,173 times
Maybe you should have worked harder and gone to college, then you wouldn't have to compete with illegal immigrants for unskilled work. We all make sacrifices to go to college so that "I couldn't afford it" excuse is BS. Loans, grants, financial aid.

I know people who work 3 jobs to pay for it.

And to be blunt, if you're working jobs that illegals have low skills to do, then you've never lived the American dream.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:09 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Just what are you saying about Illegals then?

Old 11-23-2014, 03:27 PM

720 posts, read 705,543 times
There is something most liberals and power hungry Republicans have apparently overlooked. Most of these individuals do not have the intestinal fortitude for what most likely will come about if they keep pushing their freedom destroying agenda and shredding the constitution. When true Americans see the last gasp of hope for our nation, there will be a stand taken by all those, who because of their very nature, causes no trouble or raises their voice in mindless rhetoric. A stand by those who have always been quiet but when pushed to the wall, will fight, and fight they will, to throw off the tyrannical elements as required by our constitution. I have always believed when it really comes down to either fight or submit the liberal opponents do not realize the other side is willing to defend their freedom with their lives, something liberals have no stomach for...

Old 11-23-2014, 03:36 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopRidge View Post
Does anyone know of any Militias that are forming to take America back? I would be interested in finding them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
You people are idiots if you think Immigrants is the end of the world. What about privacy, and freedom of speech? What about non-heterosexuals, and these ****-blocking womanist mongers? What about the fact that a majority of real Americans are being kicked back for a bunch of illegals who barely cares or knows the history about anything at all. "Who needs to see an space launch" ( that was on an Comedian Television show ). Immigrants are not a problem. Idiots who are untrained to combat the non-heterosexuals-womanist threat is the problem. To make things worst Africanized people still get the shaft of things.
What is your problem with gays and women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies