Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Why would homosexuals subscribe to any moral code that interferes with their impulses?
Why would heterosexuals adhere to a moral code that interferes with their impulses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Umm. I'm sure President Obama didn't know about the incident with the 15 year old boy.

I think its hypocrisy to the fullest when someone fights fervently for their civil rights and take away someone's innocents for self gratification. Terrence Bean is sick for doing this.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:18 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Why would homosexuals adhere to a moral code that interferes with their impulses?
What moral codes are you holding homosexuals up to? And what does that have to do with this situation which is ephebophelia, attraction to teens? You do know that in some states a 15 year old can legally consent to sex? And in some countries, marriage age is younger even. Again, who's or what moral code are you using as a benchmark?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Umm. I'm sure President Obama didn't know about the incident with the 15 year old boy.

I think its hypocrisy to the fullest when someone fights fervently for their civil rights and take away someone's innocents for self gratification. Terrence Bean is sick for doing this.
I'm not saying it's okay, but to be fair here, they met the kid on Gridnr - meaning the 15 year old isn't so innocent - he lied about his age to sign up for an app that's entire purpose is to put together people looking to have sex.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:25 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I did. Your cluelessness prevents you from seeing that.

Here, I'll explain. And I'll do it slowly for you.

The United Society of Believers in Christ’s Second Appearing, aka the Shaking Quakers or Shakers, adhere to a policy of celibacy.

With me so far?

So, unless you're celibate, the Shakers consider you to be unable to adhere to a moral code that interferes with your impulses.

Was that too much, or do I need to go even more simply for you?
The Shakers are irrelevant to the question. They're a small sect with a peculiar code of ethics that causes them to die out.

Your 'answer' is called deflection and happens when a person is too threatened to actually address the issue at hand.

Simple enough for you?

Answer the question.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
The Shakers are irrelevant to the question. They're a small sect with a peculiar code of ethics that causes them to die out.

Your 'answer' is called deflection and happens when a person is too threatened to actually address the issue at hand.

Simple enough for you?

Answer the question.
How about you answering just HOW does an adult sexually abusing a child differ with sexual orientation?

How is the 'moral code' being violated or the impulses not being controlled any different?

Old 11-22-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
And your implication that the homosexual impulse is to have sex with children is disgusting and hateful.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:35 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm not saying it's okay, but to be fair here, they met the kid on Gridnr - meaning the 15 year old isn't so innocent - he lied about his age to sign up for an app that's entire purpose is to put together people looking to have sex.
Grindr, Jack'd, A4A are all apps that could lead down the road to trouble. When meeting people you have to be careful and take responsibility for things to go wrong. Checking for underaged people is just one of them.

Yes I do agree with you but still we have to manage the new way of meeting people.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How about you answering just HOW does an adult sexually abusing a child differ with sexual orientation?

How is the 'moral code' being violated or the impulses not being controlled any different?
So you're saying the guy is just a pedophile? I think many homosexuals would disagree with that assessment.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
So you're saying the guy is just a pedophile? I think many homosexuals would disagree with that assessment.
That not at all what burdell was saying.

Here's a thread about some heterosexual adults who had sex with a kid the same age as the kid in this instance (one of many such threads). Burdell's question was along the lines of why can't we find a post from you in that thread asking "why would heterosexuals subscribe to any moral code that interferes with their impulses?"?

Two female Louisiana teachers accused of group sex with boy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies