Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,311,559 times

Advertisements

FIRST you need to STOP listening to the pill popping drug addict .... Race relations were far WORSE in the 60'S, 50'S, and before ... again he says stuff just to get a rise out of the peanut gallery.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:06 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,090,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're 32. That is the thing. You have to understand this from a historical perspective. This nation has always had issues as far as race relations are concerned, and this nation has seen far worse days than this.

Nadir of American race relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sundown town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cincinnati riots of 1841 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cincinnati riots of 1829 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
New Orleans riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Opelousas Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Race_Riot_(1863)
New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meridian Race Riot of 1871 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wilmington Insurrection of 1898 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Atlanta Race Riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
East St. Louis, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mass racial violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A look at history shows that severe racial division has been a fact of life throughout this nation's history, and outbreaks of racial violence were far more common place back then.
'
I posted on the "Sundown Towns" the other day..all of these little towns around here were Sundown Towns until very recently..the town I live closest to had "No N After Dark" in 4' high black letters againt a green background that looked like a neon light til the early/mid 90's..I had seen it for so many years that I didn't really notice it and infact used to sit directly under it while working radar..that's how people are indoctrinated into racism in a lot of areas.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:06 AM

366 posts, read 452,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
FIRST you need to STOP listening to the pill popping drug addict .... Race relations were far WORSE in the 60'S, 50'S, and before ... again he says stuff just to get a rise out of the peanut gallery.
I'd trade a little racism for a stronger economy any day.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry, I just meant that racism has always been alive and well. The civil rights act gave equality but it didn't end racism. Racism has been pretty much silenced until we elected a black president. Then all the silent racists came out then. You can see them here.
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but that's simply not true. Racism was not "silenced". As a young woman in the 1970s, I had coworkers proudly admit they were prejudiced against blacks, and they didn't use the word blacks, either.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:22 AM

35,736 posts, read 21,093,433 times
where did it all start? this racism.. go back tot he forefathers ,,, England- Africa and the thinking behind it- WE came to America to get away from the Brits and their control freak kings and queens and>? what have we recreated?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:24 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
I think its more about the recognition of certain issues than it is about pure racial division. I'd say there's much fewer racists now than then, but our political environment is extremely toxic and we're currently hearing from the small but vocal minority of racist.

We've made a lot of progress imo.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:25 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,182,008 times
I would say the Left has worked very hard to divide the nation along racial, gender and ethnic grounds. We seldom here the phrase "melting pot" but are constantly reminded about "multi-cultural" society. This is a huge mistake.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:32 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
I posted on the "Sundown Towns" the other day..all of these little towns around here were Sundown Towns until very recently..the town I live closest to had "No N After Dark" in 4' high black letters againt a green background that looked like a neon light til the early/mid 90's..I had seen it for so many years that I didn't really notice it and infact used to sit directly under it while working radar..that's how people are indoctrinated into racism in a lot of areas.
It isn't that surprising. I live about an hour from a town that gained a similar reputation. It chased out its Black population a long time ago, and pretty much stayed that way into the 1980s. Forsyth County,GA. Ironically, it would become one of the fastest growing counties in the USA.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:34 AM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I would say the Left has worked very hard to divide the nation along racial, gender and ethnic grounds. We seldom here the phrase "melting pot" but are constantly reminded about "multi-cultural" society. This is a huge mistake.
I would disagree with you in terms of being more divided today. Name a time in this nation when we weren't divided racially. In fact, I have posted things showing that things have always been this bad, or much worse in older times.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:37 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
Thank the divider in chief.

Obama has fomented the racial divisions in this case as well as the Trayvon Martin case. Obama is an overt racist. The sentiment of the nation is magnified by the position of the president, which is far from being "presidential".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies