Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times

Advertisements

So help me God, I have no way to refute the basic point that the Democrats are making about the CRomnibus fight right now. In fact, I might even go so far as to say they are right.

Here we have a bill that will kick the funding question almost a full year down the road, increases government spending, funds a wildly unpopular and probably unconstitutional executive amnesty, and continues the very practices voters sent Republicans to Washington to oppose. In this context, what possible good faith reason can the Republicans have for threatening to gum up the whole works over doing a favor to Wall Street?

The Democrats Have a Great Point on CRomnibus | RedState

There are even people in the comment section rooting for Nancy Pelosi. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 05:27 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,223 times
I wouldn't say that Red State was agreeing with her reasoning, just that the support it not passing. But some agreement amongst the squabbling sides, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
LOL. Typing that probably made the guy at red state have convulsions.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Just a far right site crying in the same puddle as the far left of Pelosi. But their tears don't mix in the puddle because they are unlike as oil and water.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Just a far right site crying in the same puddle as the far left of Pelosi. But their tears don't mix in the puddle because they are unlike as oil and water.
And yet, the Tea Party and the far left have something in common here--opposition to the giveaways to Wall Street and the banks in this mess of a bill the Republicans are pushing. Strange bedfellows, indeed.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:57 PM

Where are all the C-D conservatives? Why aren't they making a stink about the giveaways to Wall Street and the banks in this bill? It's one of the Tea Party's core issues, yet the silence from the far right on this is deafening. Which is weird, because they are usually anything but quiet here.

So--you guys are all cool with this?

ETA: While perusing some right wing boards I've come across a meme that is really funny. The president has gone on record as saying he will sign the bill should it get to his desk. THIS has made some Republicans who previously supported it suddenly back away. If Obama is okay with it, we can't pass it! Too, too funny. I think the president is craftier than his opponents give him credit for.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 12-11-2014 at 06:13 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 PM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Because I'm still learning what this is all about, what the Rs are attempting to do, and why. Unlike some people, not all Conservatives make knee jerk reaction posts to everything they see. Your post has only been up for an hour. Relax.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Where are all the C-D conservatives? Why aren't they making a stink about the giveaways to Wall Street and the banks in this bill? It's one of the Tea Party's core issues, yet the silence from the far right on this is deafening. Which is weird, because they are usually anything but quiet here.

So--you guys are all cool with this?

ETA: While perusing some right wing boards I've come across a meme that is really funny. The president has gone on record as saying he will sign the bill should it get to his desk. THIS has made some Republicans who previously supported it suddenly back away. If Obama is okay with it, we can't pass it! Too, too funny. I think the president is craftier than his opponents give him credit for.
Funny. Obama can really mess with their heads. If they want it, and he agrees with them, they have to then be against it. When your only MO is to be oppositional--things get confusing. This is going to be fun. Poor Mitch McConnell's head will explode.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,652 posts, read 16,142,781 times
At first glance this smells like typical dc crap... who has read this 1600 page bill or had time to? Isn't this the reason occupy and tea party started? Should occupy and tea party unite? Edit: and why am i agreeing with N Pelosi? is this the twilight zone?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
At first glance this smells like typical dc crap... who has read this 1600 page bill or had time to? Isn't this the reason occupy and tea party started? Should occupy and tea party unite? Edit: and why am i agreeing with N Pelosi? is this the twilight zone?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they guy from Red State was feeling the same twilight zone vibe. As am I, agreeing with the likes of Red State and Hot Air. We live in strange times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies