Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 06:26 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times

Advertisements

Democrats' Wasteful Torture Report - Dr. Ben Carson - Page 1

If you read this from the viewpoint of a KKK member, it's got a different sound to it.

The recent release of a Senate report commissioned by Democrats regarding torture of terrorism suspects in order to obtain vital information was a waste of $40 million of taxpayer money.
Like that waste of money investigating the 3 missing civil rights workers way back in Mississippi, in 1964. Let sleeping dogs lie and stop throwing away good money, I say.

It already had been documented extensively that three suspects were waterboarded and that sleep deprivation and other such techniques were used to extract vital information from terrorists.
Look, we all know we did terrorism...why write that $$%% down on paper, man? It's common knowledge. Who really gives a *&^&, right? THEY WERE BAD PEOPLE, MAN. BAD PEOPLE.

Though the report says otherwise, that information played a part in the apprehension or annihilation of many upper-echelon terrorist leaders, including Osama bin Laden.
Who are you gonna believe? A 40 million dollar report? Or me. That's right. Me. I got all the answers. Here, have some more 'shine.

The high-profile release of this information at a time when we are engaged in war with various terrorist groups demonstrates a profound lack of wisdom because this information will undoubtedly be used as an effective recruitment tool by our enemies.
WATCH THEM BAD PEOPLE. IF they know what we are doin', they gonna be MAD. Real Mad. They might even retaliate. Because they mad. U mad bro? Let me show you the shed out back, ermm rendition your ass to some other country and freedom the hell out of you for a while.

Some of the people responsible for the release of this report have publicly acknowledged that it could put members of the military and other Americans at significant risk because they could now become prized targets for revenge. It seems likely that the unwise timing of this information release was politically motivated, seeing as control of the Senate will be in Republican hands in January.
They did it to hurt US, ya'll. You know what happens when we get hurt, right? That's right. Go get the water jug.

This is a prime example of a potentially lethal disease that has infected Washington, called blind partisanship. It is exhibited when people are more concerned about damaging the other party or enhancing their own party than they are about the welfare of their nation.
SHINING CITY ON A HILL. GRAB HIS ANKLES, PETE. HE'S KICKING UP A FUSS, TIME TO MAKE AMERICA STRONG>

This guy actually said we should have spent the 40 million on figuring out better ways to torture people.
You might think I made that up.

The $40 million that was used on this study could have been better employed to study alternative techniques for extracting vital information from unwilling captives, which could be added to our armamentarium.

Nope.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...kn6oo1_500.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 06:28 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
I won't waste my time reading anything written by someone stupid enough to opine that Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this country since slavery.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
In a way I agree. It was money that could have been better spent elsewhere BUT where have we held anyone accountable for what happened or actually changed anything to make sure it doesn't happen again?

The reason it was done is because no one was held accountable. It's the same reason why we will hold more studies and hearings on the IRS debacle.

But I do scratch my head wondering even if needed how does one actually spend $40 million on something like this?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

If you read this from the viewpoint of a KKK member, it's got a different sound to it.

The recent release of a Senate report commissioned by Democrats regarding torture of terrorism suspects in order to obtain vital information was a waste of $40 million of taxpayer money.
Like that waste of money investigating the 3 missing civil rights workers way back in Mississippi, in 1964. Let sleeping dogs lie and stop throwing away good money, I say.

It already had been documented extensively that three suspects were waterboarded and that sleep deprivation and other such techniques were used to extract vital information from terrorists.
Look, we all know we did terrorism...why write that $$%% down on paper, man? It's common knowledge. Who really gives a *&^&, right? THEY WERE BAD PEOPLE, MAN. BAD PEOPLE.

Though the report says otherwise, that information played a part in the apprehension or annihilation of many upper-echelon terrorist leaders, including Osama bin Laden.
Who are you gonna believe? A 40 million dollar report? Or me. That's right. Me. I got all the answers. Here, have some more 'shine.

The high-profile release of this information at a time when we are engaged in war with various terrorist groups demonstrates a profound lack of wisdom because this information will undoubtedly be used as an effective recruitment tool by our enemies.
WATCH THEM BAD PEOPLE. IF they know what we are doin', they gonna be MAD. Real Mad. They might even retaliate. Because they mad. U mad bro? Let me show you the shed out back, ermm rendition your ass to some other country and freedom the hell out of you for a while.

Some of the people responsible for the release of this report have publicly acknowledged that it could put members of the military and other Americans at significant risk because they could now become prized targets for revenge. It seems likely that the unwise timing of this information release was politically motivated, seeing as control of the Senate will be in Republican hands in January.
They did it to hurt US, ya'll. You know what happens when we get hurt, right? That's right. Go get the water jug.

This is a prime example of a potentially lethal disease that has infected Washington, called blind partisanship. It is exhibited when people are more concerned about damaging the other party or enhancing their own party than they are about the welfare of their nation.
SHINING CITY ON A HILL. GRAB HIS ANKLES, PETE. HE'S KICKING UP A FUSS, TIME TO MAKE AMERICA STRONG>

This guy actually said we should have spent the 40 million on figuring out better ways to torture people.
You might think I made that up.

The $40 million that was used on this study could have been better employed to study alternative techniques for extracting vital information from unwilling captives, which could be added to our armamentarium.

Nope.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...kn6oo1_500.jpg
The dem Senators remind of Kerry, "I was for it before I was against it"

Not only were they for it, they DEMANDED MORE.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:51 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times
Investigating war crimes within its jurisdiction is a basic duty of a government - deserting their public in such a fashion would render the government valueless. It might be construed as wasteful if they don't intend on doing anything about it, but the only reason they are failing to prosecute is, aside from their own depravity and complicity, the influence of torture-excusers who do not believe in the Geneva Convention, the Convention Against Torture, the (unanimously-passed) War Crimes Act of 1996, or even apparently human rights in general such as the author. You would think that if politicians in a supposedly civilized country could agree on anything it would be to denounce torture, but we can't even expect that low moral bar to be met. This parade of depravity leaves me unsure whether the Washington regime even has any moral standards whatsoever, any line they are unwilling to cross; I have seen no evidence that there is any, and until I do I must assume that since their pseudo-law by design legalizes every crime imaginable, such will eventually be committed.

I say we should get our money's worth - everyone who tortured, everyone who ordered anyone to torture, and everyone in government who knew about the torture and failed to take action and thus are complicit, should be tried by a competent* court and prosecuted to the limit of the law. If any of the torture a person committed, ordered, or knew about resulted in the death of a prisoner, which the bulk of it did, then the limit of the law is the death penalty. Put them to death because that is what they deserve and that is the risk they took on when joining the government; hunting down and punishing war criminals without mercy no matter how long it takes will send a far stronger message to the future than Obama acting as if they did nothing wrong. The Allies at Nuremberg and Israel during their entire history have never "looked forward instead of backward" when it comes to war criminals, so why should we? Surely we can enforce the same standard we held Nazis to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
But I do scratch my head wondering even if needed how does one actually spend $40 million on something like this?
Time is money, and this report took a lot of time due to stonewalling by our war-criminal-abetting regime in the White House. Also, maybe the cost could be recouped by making one of those psychologists pay back their half of the $80 million they fleeced from the taxpayers (and fleeced is the right word since torture is not a legitimate use of tax revenue).

Old 12-17-2014, 07:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
40mil on a report where they didn't even interview the principals and a rehash of information that was already known. Yeah money well spent

Only a Demcratic sychophant would think Carson is advocating for torture with this article.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
40mil on a report where they didn't even interview the principals and a rehash of information that was already known. Yeah money well spent

Only a Demcratic sychophant would think Carson is advocating for torture with this article.
He says that the tactics were useful. Is it really unthinkable to then think he is advocating for them?

Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
I find it hilarious that the same web site that asks for more transparency is strangely upset when they get a dose of transparency.

The Most Transparent Administration Ever, LOL - Michelle Malkin - Page full

Old 12-17-2014, 07:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
If we want to talk about wasteful why not talk about the 80 (eighty) million dollars that two guys were paid to design the torture program and then teach it to 100 other guys. Whether you believe in torturing people or not how do you justify that kind of government expenditure? Money down a rabbit hole in my opinion because it caused us to lose our moral authority in the world to call out other nations when they mistreat prisoners or their own citizens.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If we want to talk about wasteful why not talk about the 80 (eighty) million dollars that two guys were paid to design the torture program and then teach it to 100 other guys.
Who have we held responsible for that? No one. And yes the point being that many who demand a responsible government will refuse to condemn that.

Quote:
Whether you believe in torturing people or not how do you justify that kind of government expenditure? Money down a rabbit hole in my opinion because it caused us to lose our moral authority in the world to call out other nations when they mistreat prisoners or their own citizens.
Hopefully you are as consistent with the thousands of other wasteful programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies