Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 11:48 AM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times

Advertisements

Two N.Y. police officers slain in apparent retribution attack

I really do want to know why every police officer in the field wasn't immediately alerted to the information that the Baltimore police gave to NYPD officials - an hour before the shooting. I find this very strange. This is not some kind of absurd conspiracy being suggested, simply a suggestion that the officials did not properly handle the warning.

All of the usual race-obsessed Obama/Holder/Sharpton bashers are blaming everyone but the ones who may have been able to save those officers. The NYPD has a chip on its shoulders toward Mayor De Blasio like he is to blame, which is misguided. De Blasio has said or done nothing wrong. If the police don't want to come to terms with their own misconduct then there will be more of this type of thing happening. However, just because I say this does not mean that I am ok with what happened.

The murder of those officers was wrong, it should not have happened, and that is why I want to know what the NYPD officials did with the advance information they had. What where they doing? Where they busy digging around trying to find out if the man they were warned about had been in attendance at one of the rallies before -or after the murders (as referenced in the linked article)? I certainly hope not while killer was making a beeline toward the victims of this murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 11:51 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
What were they supposed to do? Shoot every black person they came into contact with?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:55 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Two N.Y. police officers slain in apparent retribution attack

I really do want to know why every police officer in the field wasn't immediately alerted to the information that the Baltimore police gave to NYPD officials - an hour before the shooting. I find this very strange. This is not some kind of absurd conspiracy being suggested, simply a suggestion that the officials did not properly handle the warning.

All of the usual race-obsessed Obama/Holder/Sharpton bashers are blaming everyone but the ones who may have been able to save those officers. The NYPD has a chip on its shoulders toward Mayor De Blasio like he is to blame, which is misguided. De Blasio has said or done nothing wrong. If the police don't want to come to terms with their own misconduct then there will be more of this type of thing happening. However, just because I say this does not mean that I am ok with what happened.

The murder of those officers was wrong, it should not have happened, and that is why I want to know what the NYPD officials did with the advance information they had. What where they doing? Where they busy digging around trying to find out if the man they were warned about had been in attendance at one of the rallies before -or after the murders (as referenced in the linked article)? I certainly hope not while killer was making a beeline toward the victims of this murder.
Maybe they were reluctant to "profile" the perp, fearing accusations of racism. That possibility rests squarely on the Mayor, the President, and people like you, who ignore the epidemic of black-on-black crime in our cities, seeking rather to incite violence against our police, many of whom daily face situations that would make the anti-cop protesters wet their diapers.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:19 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
What were they supposed to do? Shoot every black person they came into contact with?
It is just this type of recalcitrant hate that is going to get some more officers killed - tragically!
If anyone really cares about what happened to those officers they will not be irrationally fixed on the objects of their hate instead of questioning if everything was done that could have reasonably been done to protect the officers in the field. At the very least, they all should have been warned so that they were not sitting ducks totally unaware of the threat.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:04 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I wonder how many threats the NYPD gets in a day.....how many of them turn out to be TRULY credible??????????????????

The whole conspiracy theory surrounding 9-1-1, Bush and LIHOP centers around the fact that there was warnings, received by US-Intelligence, about jet attacks on skycrapers. Problem is,
US-Intelligence receives thousands of threats a day........pretty hard to pick the needle out of the haystack.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:41 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,457,153 times
The news story I read yesterday said two things:

1. The bulletin came in two minutes before the shooting.
2. They were informing all on duty police of the identification and description of the person.

Not sure what more they could do.

Old 12-21-2014, 06:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
A force of tens of thousands would need more than 2 minutes notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies